Hello You All,
Here’s a collection of thoughts I’d like to share for no good reason I can think of:
– I barfed last week for the first time in my life (sea sickness).
– This week I’m recording vocals for my next album, which I’m hoping will come out as early next year as possible. But who knows? I don’t have a title yet, but I thought “Tickled Pink” would be funny and super-gross. Does anyone care about albums anymore?
– I have a regular job now. Life is good.
– Saw Tetro the other night. Thought it was beautiful.
– I mostly listen to African music these days. What does that mean? I’ve also been rocking the shit out of ‘Wild Boys’ by Duran Duran.
– Lately I’ve been wondering if I’ve played a roll in inspiring lots and lots of terrible music. Is that egotistical?
– Last night I re-watched ‘Trapped In The Closet’ so I could re-connect with Omar from The Wire.
– In case you’re wondering what the deal is with the Shutterbuggin’ video, it was inspired by an incredible cinematic achievement called “The Beaver Trilogy” which was directed by Trent Harris. The second part of the trilogy stars a very young Sean Penn and the third part stars a very young and very amazing Crispin Glover. It’s very hard to find, but if you have the chance, don’t pass it up.
– I think Van Gogh was a really smart guy.
– I don’t know what to eat anymore. Most exercise seems to hurt my body more than it helps it now.
– I’m going to try to keep things more fresh and interesting on my website. It’s my new resolution. buck65.com
– The Sebutones performance at Scribble Jam back in… what was it? ’99? Somewhere around there? …that’s one of the highlights of my whole life.
– Every time I think of something to say, I run a test: I ask myself, “does anyone care?” I can never bring myself to answer yes. I miss the 1980’s.
– I think Sage is one of the greatest rappers of all time. I have him on a very short list.
– “Pink Flag” by Wire. Now there’s a great album.
– Current mood: gruntled.
– What happened to that Juice Crew movie they were supposed to be making?
– I hate when people say “…hip hop as it was originally intended.”
– Is Sixtoo dead?
– Most of these ‘thoughts’ are questions.
– Alain de Botton
– I will get some new music out there before this year ends (before the next “album” comes out – the one I allude to above).
– Gotta run.