Search
Register
Dear Non-Prophets Board
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Royal-T

I wept as I read the Non prophets Board's post. Oh the memories......
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:49 pm
Nope

I haven't been on this board for as long as reggie, but in the time I have been here, let me assure you that the board has gotten worse. That may be completely subjective...but yes to ME the board ain't as good as it used to be.

1. There's just too many people...I mean, you go away for a couple of minutes now and the thread you were posting on is already on the next page. Shit forbid you skip a day

2. There seems to be those that just go around trying to start shit. Either that or they're just so incredibly stupid that they don't know any better and bask is their own ignorace. I don't know what sage has done regarding these people in the last couple of days, but the last time I posted here it was really ridiculous.

3. This board was never full of conversations that interested me. Not to say that they weren't good ones, just weren't about things that I knew about or wanted to talk about. People on here are just vastly different from me, that's all. Now there are even less threads that I feel like posting on. I never really posted in many threads, but I posted a lot in the threads that I did get into. Hence the insane fucking post count in such a short time.

Anyway Sage, I don't know if you care, but that's how I feel about the board at this moment in time. I'm obviously not posting as much as I used to...and I'll be posting less, but I'm sure I'll feel like sharing my wack opinions again sometime.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I was gone for the past 3 days.

this board is not any worse than it was 3 years ago. Believe that.

Everyone wants to think they are good enough to remember the "good ole days."

don't jump the gun, kiddies.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:17 pm
Nope

like I said, to me it doesn't appeal as much as it did before. I don't think there were ever "good ol' days" for me. These "glory" days that people speak of are strangers to me

but you can't convince me that the board hasn't changed at all in my time here.

peace
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:21 pm
SergOne

I've read/posted on this board for a while now, and I don't really believe in the "good'ol days"....to me the only reason shit seems worse is because there are so many more people resulting in more posts on this shit, so it seems like there are a gang of stupid shit.....but I remember kids would talk plenty of shit on here before, but since the numbers of members was so much lower you didn't see as much as you do now....the stupid post to worth reading ratio is still about the same, some days its a lot worse than others, but over all this board is way better than a lot of the other ones out there
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
16 cENTS

the only difference i notcied is that there are alot of threads discussing the same topics (browse the page before posting a topic for the 10th time). and also, alot of people asking questions about sage that can be answered with some simple research. oh, and dont forget about the 5 page threads courtisy of people who just want to argue with each other for the sake of arguing.

if we had to make a list of whats wrong with this board, that would be the top 3
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:48 pm
Bobby Anticon

I conquer  Reply with quote  

Guns are for Pussies :x
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:19 pm

CFL

The concept of "good ol' days" on a message board is kinda funny...

I love this forum. And I love what most of y'all type, most of the time.

I don't think you can ask for much more than an artist dedicated board that actually sees posts from said artist so often.

A little too much arguing, yeah, but that's life ain't it?

THANK YOU NON-PROPHETS BOARD.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:36 pm
firefly

CFL wrote:

THANK YOU NON-PROPHETS BOARD.

Seriously. This is a free service providing by Sage and Joe and we got people bitching about how "shitty" it's become.

I had a hard time getting used to how fast things move here on the new board. I don't read every single post like I used to, but I read most of it.

And you know what? I think that the only thing that ihas gotten worse is the strange famous forum, no stan IM's. I miss those.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:24 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

yeah, I had to do away with the IMs. Sorry about that.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:25 pm
Caroline

you know, being a new kid on this forum is fucking intimidating because everyone takes it so seriously and as i read these posts, i'm afraid to post anything because it might not please be worded right or it may get deleted for being too shitty or maybe sage will read it and think my 'agenda' is foul or oh no 'she just started listening to rap five minutes ago along with the 5 million other kids running around in tight pants and trucker hats'. No pressure or anything.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:42 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I don't think you should worry about those things, Caroline.

I go after the people who purposely flood this forum with crap.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:45 pm
hugh grants hooker

usually the only way you'll get caught in any troubles are as follows:

religious threads, weed threads, speaking rudely while personally addressing a specific person.

you dont seem like the type who does that. i think you'll be fine.

at they end of the day... all of us are only words on your monitor. dont be intimidated by the words.

fuck these internet kids (myself included).
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:57 pm

CFL

Caroline wrote:
you know, being a new kid on this forum is fucking intimidating because everyone takes it so seriously and as i read these posts, i'm afraid to post anything because it might not please be worded right or it may get deleted for being too shitty or maybe sage will read it and think my 'agenda' is foul or oh no 'she just started listening to rap five minutes ago along with the 5 million other kids running around in tight pants and trucker hats'. No pressure or anything.

Werd...I kinda slowly weedled my way on here without anyone shitting on me for being new...you haven't had it so pleasant, and that's just too bad.

It's hella wack (although unavoidable, I know) that peeps translate thier ego to the keyboard.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:00 pm
CFL

johnny yuma wrote:
usually the only way you'll get caught in any troubles are as follows:

religious threads, weed threads, speaking rudely while personally addressing a specific person.

you dont seem like the type who does that. i think you'll be fine.

at they end of the day... all of us are only words on your monitor. dont be intimidated by the words.

fuck these internet kids (myself included).

And werd to this aswell.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:02 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next