Search
Register
Dear Non-Prophets Board
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Reggie

Dear Non-Prophets Board  Reply with quote  

I am aware of the irony of starting a thread referring to the message board it is posted on in order to decry threads that refer to the message board they are posted on.

Right now, I count five threads on the first page of this forum that are in some way referencing the forum or its registered members. There are certainly posts in otherwise informational threads simply say, "your opinion on everythng in invalid because of this one old thread I am linking to in order to prove my point." This, I think, contributes to the wackification of a message board more than anything else. When the forum personas become paramount to the discussion within--meaning, when something becomes mostly self-referntial pats on the back--then real discourse ceases and this forum deteriorates.

Rest assured, this forum will live on as long as Sage pays for the hosting. People speak as if there were some amazing glory days on this forum where we figured out the meaning of life and Nirvana was achieved. There have been, as someone else states, several "changes in climate" on the board since I started coming here about three years ago. At one time, it was highly intellectual. Then it was based around independent hip-hop and religious discussion. Right around when Personal Journals dropped, a whole new slew of people came in and started talking about their favorite bongs. In fact, whenever Sage does a substantial tour, some new people crop up with their own agendas and ideas. That's natural, to me. It's more a reflection of the actual world.

Things right now do not seem too bad to me, though. There's five threads referencing the board or its members, but there's four times as many about philosophy, rap, drugs/alcohol, etc. That's a pretty good track record if you ask me. Wait until Hope drops, I predict that new people will come in droves, each with a self-important plan to usurp something they know nothing about. Will you adapt, or will you pout about how great it was in August 2003?

Sincerely,
Your Pal Reggie
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:58 am
Perspective

Good question Reggie...I'm sure most people will adjust to it in their own manner, and the forum will keep on changing as long as 'sage keeps paying'....
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:11 am
The Non-Prophets Board

-=-=-=-=-  Reply with quote  

My Dearest Reggie,

It is kind to read your words, you're too sweet to me! I have many fond memories of you, old friend, and now that I am dying I figure we should put our feelings on the table and be certain we both know how important we are to each other.

I remember that time that you posted that timeline of historic events that all happened in the course of Master Sage's great great grandmother's lifetime. It put my pathetic digital existence into perspective and really hit home...it inspired me.

I know I've changed a lot since you first met me...I've been known to drastically change my appearance on a whim, I know. I thank you for sticking by me through all these difficult times...like that time that I COMPLETELY sold out and started putting pop-up ads all over the place. I was going through such a dark time, and I don't think Master Sage ever forgave me for the Nike banner ad I put atop the page - I was blinded by money. I apologize for how I behaved.

Speaking of Master Sage...I neglect to inform you that he has been abusing me lately. He curses me constantly under his breath, thinking I'm too inferior to notice. He makes fun of my friends, and uses me just for sociological research. I've been thinking about seperating, but I know I would miss my friends should I leave. I'm in such a spot...and as always wise companion, I could use any advice you should choose to part with!

Sincerely,
The Non-Prophets Board

P.S. My favourite Sage song is "Gun Godz"
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:35 am
Reggie

That made me smile broadly. Thanks.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:43 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

shmucks
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:54 am
TBerculosis

hmm  Reply with quote  

Ive never even heard a Sage song, how would you decipher that one Old Reggie(the wiley veteran)
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:04 am
FoJaR

Re: hmm  Reply with quote  

TBerc wrote:
Ive never even heard a Sage song, how would you decipher that one Old Reggie(the wiley veteran)

what??
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:09 am
Reggie

Re: hmm  Reply with quote  

TBerc wrote:

I'm not trying to antagonize, but why are you here, then? Or better, how did you wind up here?
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:16 am
FoJaR

yeah, i dont mind the fact that you are here when you havent heard sage.

hey, GO CHECK OUT SOME SAGE! IT'S GOOD STUFF!
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:21 am
TBerculosis

well Reggie heres the full effect  Reply with quote  

I was summoned here, by hellen earth, it caught my attention, due to most Message boards are annoying and are a cesspool of negativity. This does have some interesting moments. I feel I have a different take on the message board because I dont worship this Mr. Francis like most everyone else on here. So I dont change my views to impress him like most you fools HAHHA

Last edited by TBerculosis on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:22 am
FoJaR

rimshot  Reply with quote  

good one.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:26 am
Awww mn

dear non prophets board,

that was the most non-wackest, most entertaining self-referential post i have ever read on you.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:31 am
Samtron

i dont worship sage francis. i do respect him and his work a lot though because it is so different from what i have listened to in the past. by the way who is Hellen Earth and can you recommend any good music?

i suppose im giulty of trying to change the direction of threads to my own agenda. i suppose im too selfconchouse to start my own thread. its a hange up i have i know and im sorry. ive learned my lesson.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:40 am
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Samtron wrote:
who is Hellen Earth
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:48 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Reggie,
Unfortunately, I seem to be the only one who maintains this board in any fashion whatsoever. Like you, I am slightly impressed that some people are still posting worthwhile material, but overall...this board is bombarded by bullshit people with bullshit comments/agendas.

They will all get deleted. People who respond to these posts will also get deleted.

People should only be posting when they actually have something substantial to say.

With each project I release, a swarm of newbies is sure to flood this board but they will be dealt with accordingly. In the process, we will actually gain a couple great forum members who stick around and offer great feedback, ideas, opinions and stories.

As always, I WILL NOT TOLERATE the "this forum is starting to suck" posts. That shit is posted once every two weeks. As if that shit is true, observant or helpful. It's not. You will get deleted.

The Non-Prophets Board,
You wrote that post well enough for me to accept you as the actual entity of this non-prophets forum. Thank you for helping me gauge the demographics of my fanbase.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:42 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next