Search
Register
Why do People say that Walt Disney is so Evil?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

FoJaR

squirtisblow, you messed with the wrong motherfucking toon.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:25 pm
MF TOON

Machiavel wrote:
on the other hand they suck, because they are trying to extend the copyright laws to 90 years instead of whatever it is currently, so they dont lose mickey mouse... but it would have a huge impact on other industries like the music and entertainment indurstry...

First of all its only 20+ years from 75 and you cant blame Disney for the Sonny Bono Act which was passed in 1998 as it pertains to each individual copyright and proprietor. Disney's main concern was to protect "Steamboat Willie" and they had every right to protect their prize asset. If antyhing, be irked at the people who hold copyright titles yet refuse to take any action with their licensed works in order to make them commercially viable. Thats the only detrimewntal factor I can see from any of this...
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:45 pm
squirtisblow

i took intro to walt disney, why dont u just jump on me....im telling u that i didnt even read what u wrote cuz its a waste of time...whatevers dude...i did take a class and i didn';t say anything about jews....i didn't know they were a race, thats all i can respond to after only reading the first few lines of your post...but your a funny kid and, its not all bull shit....but whatevers mang.pieces
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:59 pm
squirtisblow

oh and he wasn't fozen thats a rumor too.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:02 am
hugh grants hooker

walt disney isnt frozen.

the same way walt disney only hired straight laced whitebreads... i hear the current big wheel (isner, i think) is only hiring homosexuals. ones is just as bad as the other. if they'd hire based on talent, maybe someone could make a cartoon thats as good as bugs bunny.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:04 am

squirtisblow

hugh grants hooker wrote:
walt disney isnt frozen.

the same way walt disney only hired straight laced whitebreads... i hear the current big wheel (isner, i think) is only hiring homosexuals. ones is just as bad as the other. if they'd hire based on talent, maybe someone could make a cartoon thats as good as bugs bunny.

watch what u say mf toon might jump on u, cuz he took the advanced class.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:08 am
tom inhaler
me too!

Re: Why do People say that Walt Disney is so Evil?  Reply with quote  

i don't know about walt disney as a person, but if you look at some of the cartoons disney produced in the thirties, they were blatantly racist. of course, not to excuse it, but at the time, the sort of things in the cartoons (people with blackface, etc...) were commonplace. it was what entertainment was expected to be back then, and that's what they did.

song of the south is a racist film. that doesn't mean it's a bad film, but it's got some very racist overtones.

now, as for the evil disney empire... their merchandise would not exist if cheap chinese labor didn't. everything i've ever owned from them (stuffed animals, t-shirts, etc) has been made in china. now, this sort of thing is commonplace too, but that doesn't excuse it.

inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:25 am
FoJaR

wait, i just wanna clear something up.... MFTOON, you said you were amo, meaning amo1ne?
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:37 am
Wordsmyth

anyone who can make about 1.5 billion dollars every year -
( $667.7 million in filmed entertainment, $330.00 million in consumer products, and $528.6 million from its theme parks and resorts) - has got to be evil.....
unless you're bill gates - then your beyond evil -

you ever noticed that?....
if Disney had a personal monopoly game, Bill Gates would be on the chance card.....while little game pieces depicting animated characters traveled through chinesse sweat shops, and holly wood boulevard....

Well in Lion King, if you pause it at the right time, The clouds form the word "sex"......PROVEN.....
in Rescuers Down Under, during their inter-city free-fall you can see a picture of a woman, without clothes, and covering her breasts in one of the windows....PROVEN......
Little Mermaid, preist has boner.....if you wanna twist animation that way.....haha....or if you're Machiavel, sod eos the dude in the title-cover.....HMMM....PROVEN?....

Disney WAS racist, but not blatently.....just because he (MF TOON) supported American Troops during the World War, doesn't mean he was not racist.....he was not a Nazi though, whoever brought that up - he supported Democracy, and befirended mroe than one U.S. President....

***Song of the south was basd on racism -
***African Americans in his cartons were depicted as pure black, with wide white eyes.....(had minimal roles, if any)
***Black Characters in Disney Movies :

Beagle Boys - Robbers, resembling african americans (dark complections, big lips, wide noses)

Lil' Devil - Also Black, seen eating watermelon and shining shoes...Raaacist....

well maybe only his artists were racist

uno
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:35 am

The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

i do know that Walt Disney hired a former top Nazi engineer to design one of the rides in Tomorrow Land.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:40 am
Wordsmyth

nuts
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:46 am

firefly

I heard that the animator for "The Little Mermaid" found out that he was gonna get fired and decided to play a prank on his bosses so he drew the boner on the priest (and someone else I think.)
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:54 am
Reggie

Disney is so maligned because he ousted pre-WWII cartoon powerhouse Fleischer Studios (Betty Boop, the original Superman and Popeye) by essentially hiring away most of their animators. Fleischer pulled the anti-semite card, but neglected to note that nearly every one of the people hired away from their studios was Jewish.

Disney did rip-off Mickey Mouse from one of his staff by copyrighting it under his own name, which is actually standard corporate procedure today. I don't know of any company which does not claim sole proprietary rights over any inteleectual property conceived or executed on their premises. Many companies have rules to the effect that any intellectual property created while in their employment is technically theirs...meaning if you are writing a novel at home, after work, it is essentially theirs.

Really, Disney is evil because of his middle-of-the-road, boring approach to making beautifully rendered and animated cartoons. Also Disney, like Robert Moses and other contemporary urban planners, envisioned a bland society of how-do-you-dos and pleasant-weather-we're-havings. The Disney corporation went to far as to create a planned community in Florida...Celebration I think it is called? Yecch.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:26 am
MF TOON

Re: Why do People say that Walt Disney is so Evil?  Reply with quote  

inhaler/thecat wrote:
i don't know about walt disney as a person, but if you look at some of the cartoons disney produced in the thirties, they were blatantly racist. of course, not to excuse it, but at the time, the sort of things in the cartoons (people with blackface, etc...) were commonplace. it was what entertainment was expected to be back then, and that's what they did.

song of the south is a racist film. that doesn't mean it's a bad film, but it's got some very racist overtones.

now, as for the evil disney empire... their merchandise would not exist if cheap chinese labor didn't. everything i've ever owned from them (stuffed animals, t-shirts, etc) has been made in china. now, this sort of thing is commonplace too, but that doesn't excuse it.

inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com

Im not "jumping" on anyone but hese allehgations are so ridiculous...

Disney's cartoons were not "balatantly racist". They were not politically correct by today's standards but they were also no different from any other shorts produced by Famous Studios, Warner, Fleischer, Terrytoons, Harveytoons, MGM, Van Beuren, Columbia, Paramount, Universal/Lantz, etc... In fact, they were probably some of the least offensive by any standards. The only real "racial" content featured in any of Disney's shorts was made somewhat apparent by the likes of blackface gags, etc in a few of the early black & white Mickey shorts from the early 1930's such as Trader Mickey, Mickery's Man Friday, etc but these were a reflection of the times in which they were produced, take into consideration the historical context of these films. Cartoons are not meant to be real life adaptions, they are satirizations plain and simple. These cartoons are what the censored 11 are to WB. I dont think any of you are in the position to judge the content without actually seeing these cartoons. As far as "Song Of The South", please illustrate to me how that is even in the slightest sense "racist", I would truly love to hear this. At least your first staement had some sort of sigfnifigance but to say that "Song Of The South" is racist based on something you've read on the internet is just ignorant. It has nothing even controversial about it, despite what youve been told..
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:24 am
Reggie

Word to Toon. Warner Bros. made much more "racist" cartoons than Disney ever did...but in historical context that is debateable.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:27 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next