Search
Register
A Real Life Time Traveller?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

A Real Life Time Traveller?  Reply with quote  

This is fun reading if you enjoy this sort of thing.

www.johntitor.com
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:27 pm
hugh grants hooker

hilarious highlights i found here:

There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When I'm with my parents, I live in a community made up of "tree houses" on a large river in Florida.
-----------------------------------------------------------
After the war, my father made a living selling oranges up and down the West coast of Florida. My closest friend raises horses and another works for a company that maintains "wireless" Internet nodes.
--------------------------------------------------------
I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville.
--------------------------------------------------------

Why did you go to 1975?

(29) We need they system to "debug" various legacy computer programs in 2036. UNIX has a problem in 2038
-------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^haha, so '75 has technoligies that 2038 cant duplicate? if so, we're all fucked.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:54 pm

The_Underground_Kid

cool interesting thanks
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:07 pm
Hellen Earth

hugh grants hooker wrote:
^^^^haha, so '75 has technoligies that 2038 cant duplicate? if so, we're all fucked.

he explained that by saying how the certain technology he needed was deemed obsolete, and hence forgotten over time and a civil war.

his story really does hold together a lot better than most of these stories.

can anyone find any contradictions? or anything not make sense at all?
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:17 pm
hugh grants hooker

well he first mentions how russia struck the major u.s. cities with nuclear weapons.

then later he says he remembers where he was when Jacksonville was hit with the nukes.

its a big stretch to call jacksonville one of americas major cities.

also, he never really seems to answer technical questions.
he mentions y2k like its some genius thing to know about... but he's saying these things after y2k.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:25 pm

Dyss

Earlier you said something was wrong with the UNIX computer code on your worldline. What's wrong with it?

Yes…and with yours too. I have to believe there must be a UNIX expert out there someplace that can confirm that. I'm not exactly sure what the technical issue is but I believe some sort of UNIX system registry stops in 2038.

And that is true!
Btw, Hooker. He do answer some technological questions. If you would go back in time, would you be able to answer all the tech-questions asked?
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:41 pm
Hellen Earth

Hmmm.  Reply with quote  

The truth of the story aside, the world that this guy is describing is basically what we are moving towards now. It's a totally possible, if not likely scenario for the next 30 years, and for that reason alone I think it's worth reading.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:44 pm
hugh grants hooker

oh my god, you guys seriously believe this clown?!!!

how about just breaking it down by common sense now?

pensacola being the most military city in america, its obviously a 'first strike' target for any country seriously battling the u.s.
also he says jacksonville was blown up.

he says they're using nuclear weapons.

nukes leave a LARGE radiation field for a LONG time.

however, he claims to live in tampa now.

with pensacola and jacksonville blown up by nukes, do you really think he'd be fine and dandy while living in tampa?
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:46 pm

Hellen Earth

hugh grants hooker wrote:
oh my god, you guys seriously believe this clown?!!!

how about just breaking it down by common sense now?

pensacola being the most military city in america, its obviously a 'first strike' target for any country seriously battling the u.s.
also he says jacksonville was blown up.

he says they're using nuclear weapons.

nukes leave a LARGE radiation field for a LONG time.

however, he claims to live in tampa now.

with pensacola and jacksonville blown up by nukes, do you really think he'd be fine and dandy while living in tampa?

Who said anything about believing him? I just find it interesting, and fun.

You say nukes leave a 'LARGE radiation field for a LONG time'. Do you know the actual numbers?
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:01 pm
am01ne

dude... he was obviously in cahoots with the russian army to nuke the states so that his family could bank off the profits of orange sales. think about it, after they dropped the warheads, he hopped into his time machine and conveniently showed up in tampa with his dad to reap the harvest of the mutant radioactive produce. its just common sense. first he flies to russia disguised as a US government representative and tells the communists theyre a bunch of fat bearded smelly balerina dancing funny hat wearing sissys, than he slaps boris yeltzins mother and calls her a whore and next thing hes down in sunny florida living large off the tangerine trade.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:01 pm
Hellen Earth

am01ne wrote:
dude... he was obviously in cahoots with the russian army to nuke the states so that his family could bank off the profits of orange sales. think about it, after they dropped the warheads, he hopped into his time machine and conveniently showed up in tampa with his dad to reap the harvest of the mutant radioactive produce. its just common sense. first he flies to russia disguised as a US government representative and tells the communists theyre a bunch of fat bearded smelly balerina dancing funny hat wearing sissys, than he slaps boris yeltzins mother and calls her a whore and next thing hes down in sunny florida living large off the tangerine trade.

man, at the beginning of your story you said he wanted to profit of ORANGE sales, then at the end you say TANGERINE trade. Ha..ha..I just debunked your whole theory.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:06 pm
duke_city

This guy is talking about Russia like it was the 1980s.

Russia is nothing now, their military is crippled, and their beef with the US has long been extinguished.

Brian
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:26 pm
Dyss

Exactly, who said we believed him. Boy you quick jumping to conclusions...
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:30 pm
Sarcastro

2015: world war, kills 3 billion people
2034: they build a time machine
2036: "Food and livestock is grown and sold locally"

so they built their civilizations back up from a war, and within 19 years were able to come up with something as complex as a time machine, which would gaurantee the need for factories, groups of engineers, scientists, etc, and yet somehow they all still live in farm areas and sell livestock.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:53 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

The funniest part about all this is how you guys are actually mulling this information over. It's good you guys have an open mind... but this is so obviously bullshit, come on.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next