Search
Register
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

duke_city

djdee2005 wrote:
Fuck you, dicknose.

This thread is about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

If you have nothing to contribute with regards to this topic, get the fuck out.

If you want to criticize Ebert, criticize his essay that I just posted, and state reasons WHY you disagree, not just that he's a fucking fat bastard.

Christ.

Simmer down now son, sorry to diss the so called "greatest american film critic in the history of this country".

I'll have to check out "The Good, the bad and the ugly" first chance I get, I love that movie.

Brian
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:55 pm
hugh grants hooker

as long as you've got a 1,000 word essay on here by ebert, about how genuis he is when watching movies... this thread is about ebert.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:57 pm

am01ne

On topic, check the ill cover art for the upcoming "Once Upon A Time In The West: SE". This Leone flick kicks ass, I think its better than The Man With No Name trilogy imo, except "The Good The Bad & The Ugly". Cant wait to see this digitally restored and remastered in cinemascope...

And yeah, Ebert is a dick and check Leonard Maltins website for some real insight into classic American cinema...

peace.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:59 pm
Soul Khansenses

hugh grants hooker wrote:
as long as you've got a 1,000 word essay on here by ebert, about how genuis he is when watching movies... this thread is about ebert.

Perhaps you didn't catch that the essay was composed of Ebert's thoughts on the film, not Ebert himself.

:roll:
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:00 pm
hugh grants hooker

perhaps you didnt check the tone of it. perhaps you only see basic words... try scanning it for tone, context, and ego.

:roll twice:

why must you constantly beg for my attention?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:06 pm

Dee

Why can't you shut up?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:08 pm
hugh grants hooker

you posted an essay and asked us not to talk about it?

what the hell, topic nazi.

just delete the essay, while leaving that picture, and people will begin to talk more strictly about the movie.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:12 pm

futuristxen

I love the man with no name trilogy. My favorite one is actually For A Few Dollars More. That showdown with the chimes is one of my favorite moments o' cinema.

But yeah Good Bad And the Ugly is nice. Obviously Ebert can go back and reconsider a movie. Time changes a lot of things. He needs to go back and reconsider Blue Velvet.

I still haven't seen either of the Once Upon A Time Leone movies. That SE for Once upon a time in the old west, looks frickin sweet. Even if I wasn't a fan of the movie.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:14 pm
hugh grants hooker

futuristxen wrote:

Obviously Ebert can go back and reconsider a movie. Time changes a lot of things. He needs to go back and reconsider Blue Velvet.

i dont think so.

if he's wrong, then he's just wrong.

time doesnt change the movies unless they release some new version with additional footage. if the movie is the same, then he shouldnt go back and say 'oh yea, i think its good now'. its really him just wanting to not be wrong about a movie thats so obviously great.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:18 pm

Dee

hgh, please, just stop posting.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:23 pm
hugh grants hooker

same to you
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:29 pm

vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

hugh grants hooker wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

Obviously Ebert can go back and reconsider a movie. Time changes a lot of things. He needs to go back and reconsider Blue Velvet.

i dont think so.

if he's wrong, then he's just wrong.

time doesnt change the movies unless they release some new version with additional footage. if the movie is the same, then he shouldnt go back and say 'oh yea, i think its good now'. its really him just wanting to not be wrong about a movie thats so obviously great.

this is so dumb dude. what, you have to watch a movie once make an opinion on it and set it in stone.

i mean do you realize how stupid this idea is.

every single time you watch a film, read a book, listen to a cd, fuck see a sunset you have a different set of circumstances/knowledge/experience/ect inside yourself that effects the way you view it. to deny this is extremely limiting
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:42 pm
hugh grants hooker

vintge wrote:

this is so dumb dude. what, you have to watch a movie once make an opinion on it and set it in stone.

i mean do you realize how stupid this idea is.

whats his job again? haha

okay, so if a plumber comes to work on your house and he fucks it up and leaves leaks and shit... he can just come back later and do it again. and thats okay with you? hell no. he fucked it up.

his job is to see a movie and set his opinion in stone by stating it in a paper or on tv. so yes, thats what i expect of him.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:45 pm

Dee

I'm outta here....  Reply with quote  

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:48 pm
hugh grants hooker

piece.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:57 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next