Search
Register
Is all this punk rock stuff really scaring y'all?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Is all this punk rock stuff really scaring y'all?  Reply with quote  

Right now the eclectic music fans are showing their support. How many of you hardcore rap fans are shifting in your seat right now? I am just wondering.

The Non-Prophets HOPE album should restore any faith you may have lost in my hiphop. I love hiphop. I just don't like where it's at or most of the people who are part of it. Time to expand and follow the natural progression of things. Gang Starr can release the same album for 10 years. I don't think that's in my cards.

Here's all I know about the next tour:

I will be touring in the Spring as the main act.

my set will be long enough to only require one opening act.

the show will end a half hour before closing time so that no one needs to be rushed out by tough-guy security.

I will have water back stage, and nothing else.

The tour will be called Fuck Clear Channel (FCC for short)

I will do my best to make most of the venues all ages.

It will happen in the Spring.

I will hit up every city that can set up a proper show.

this is all I know right now.

Thank you for giving me some outside perspective on things.

I'm sorry that I have been all piss and vinegar on this messageboard for so long.

peace,
franky

Last edited by Sage Francis on Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:32 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i really dont care who you tour with im not big on punk bu till check it out

come to closer to detroit next time around please
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:35 am
August Spies

punk/hardcore and hip hop are the only two genres worth following these days.

my 2 cents.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:38 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kese

word bro, do you..
I'm always inbetween weather i have more respect for punk rockers or hiphoppas, they're both so similar and both have their strengths and weaknesses, it'd be perfect to take the best from both and make something of it, it looks to be something powerful, I know though at the end of the day i want to hear some funky boom-bap. Keep it fresh, and stick with the flow, we're only channeling something bigger, mad props sage, you get the respect. you get on it.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tatto0edhands

i know you love hiphop. and i know you're making decisions that are right for you, which is very respectable. i personally dont like the punk scene. and it would take a lot for me to see you open up for a punk act due to the fact that i cant stand the music or the audience. BUT we all have to make sacrifices. youve definitely made some for hiphop. i will make some for you.

and no one jump on me for not liking punk. NOTHING you say will change my mind. it will probably make me hate it more. i respect your opinions. you respect mine. thank you.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:58 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

they will be opening for sage
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:00 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

I have no interest in seeing you tour with punk artists..thats not my scene...with that said would it stop me from seeing your show..I doubt it..I would leave early or come late to avoid the punk groups
I hate 95% of hip hop but thats where my core is..if that makes sense
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:02 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

as far as punk goes, Bad Religion is damn amazing to me.

"Institution" by Suicidal Tendancies will be my favorite punk rock song ever.

but I really don't know shit about punk. I don't know whose "cool" who "sold out" who "fell off" who "fronts."

All I hear is the music. And some of it is so great to me. If I had such a naive view of hiphop than maybe I would love it just as much right now.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:04 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Sage Francis wrote:

"Institution" by Suicidal Tendancies will be my favorite punk rock song ever.

that is a good tune..I dont mind them... "all I wanted was a pepsi and you wouldnt give it to me"...
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:07 am
Will Shire

Punk is in a fairly bad state these days, but there is still lots of cool stuff around. I've only really been listening to Propagandhi Shai Hulud and Swinging Utters, Todays Empires Tomorrows Ashes by Propagandhi in particular. George W Bush are pretty cool as well.
Oh, and Melt-Banana - way cool Japanese spazz-core

Bad Religon may as well be christian rock as far as I'm concerned, some of their songs are catchy but it's some of the worst lyrical crap I've ever heard. Regurgitating Armchair Philosophy 101 using lots of unnecessarily long words, but with virtually no abstraction whatseover is fucked.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:42 am
Hitokiri

not even gonna front, all the punk stuff has me a lil'...confused, weary, and uneasy...but. i was gonna pick up your shit anyway. nice to hear you're still hip hop tho. this tour better be coming thru minneap. i know it will, just lettin you know tho. fuck clear channel.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:56 am
intuition

sage, when i opened up for you in santa barbara in june i had the crowd chanting "fuck mtv" and then "fuck clear channel" and they were loving it...that was two months ago, does this mean i get royalties on your tour title?

ps. i'm just kidding
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:53 am
Schilluh

I hate my job  Reply with quote  

Ya know, I couldnt understand why in the hell Makeshift Patriot was on a punk compelation CD...Not that I bought that cd... I work with a full on, punk rockin, girl(bitch)and Im not saying that cuz I call all girls bitches or anything (full on bitch) anyway she was listening to it. I was totally confused until i recently found this site and read an interview saying Sage had signed with epitaph. I asked her what she thought of Sage and she, of course, said "i cant stand his voice" That stupid hooker listens to the worst punk rock including the transplants and the donnas and a lot of stuff that is more vulgar and ignorant than that. And she has the nerve to not like Sage's voice. I could give a shit if you rap like Pee wee Herman, its your lyrics that got me Sage, and the beats too joe. She loves the voices of these moshers who can never hit a note on purpose. I like some punk but this stuff is ridiculous. Anyway, it should be interesting to see how Sage and the punk crowd mix. By the way, does this mean you might be doing the warped tour?
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:06 am
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

no one has lost faith in your hip hop man.

keep expanding.

be selective like you said in another post. youve definitely earned at least that ability. but dont limit yourslef. you are 100% right about new crowds whethr its just for personal variety or spreading theword.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:23 am
The_Underground_Kid

hmmm. at first i was a little like "thats funny, im going to tell my punk friends and piss them off" (which did happen btw). but i can't stand 99.9999% of punk music, if its softer i'd like it a lot more, like how i like rock. maybe im being ignorant but its more the screaming i really really dislike. I never really thought you'd change your "style" into a punk thing, Im more worried about Atmosphere after hearing that new track. Im hoping they just made that to be more welcoming to the punksters out there. anyways sage ill definitely be seeing you when you come to the bay, and ill make sure no one disses you for slapping people.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:27 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next