Search
Register
what does it mean to be agnostic?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

The_Human

kese wrote:
it just means don't get arrogant, we as a planet don't knows shit, if god created existence than he created everything i'm only smart enough to belive that he exists but that since we're stuck in such bullshit as arguing over message board, that we're not close enough to him to even have a clue, so to call an agnostic confused is pure ignorance

Being agnostic and confused are one in the same.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:27 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

so am i agnostic or not?

because i dont give a flying fuck if god exists or not
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:28 pm
The_Human

bluntedinmichigan wrote:
so am i agnostic or not?

because i dont give a flying fuck if god exists or not

I think were floating around in the same fucking boat, and its about to sink but we just dont really care.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:29 pm
The_Human

I assume, though, to be agnostic you probably have to have an opinion based on the evidence at hand.

If you dont care, then your probably not agnostic.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:30 pm
hugh grants hooker

blunted - nope. you arent agnostic.
'not giving a fuck' is one of the forms of atheism.

there are 2 defintions of atheism, one of which pertains to those who argue that there is NO god what-so-ever and that believing in one is silly.
the other form of atheism suits you, people who dont know and dont care to know.
here is the one that suits you:

Atheist
A person who has no belief in a God or Goddess. Just as a newborn has no concept of a deity, some adults also have no such belief. The term "Atheist" is derived from the Greek words "a" which means "without" and "Theos" which means "God." A person can be a non-Theist by simply lacking a belief in God without actively denying God's existence. This is the definition of Atheism used by most Atheists.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:33 pm

hugh grants hooker

The_Human wrote:
I assume, though, to be agnostic you probably have to have an opinion based on the evidence at hand.

If you dont care, then your probably not agnostic.

correct.
if you state that there absolutely can not be a diety of any kind, an agnostic will probably argue against you. stating that it is possible, but they dont know if its true.

if you state that there is definitely a god, once again an agnostic will argue against you stating that you cant prove it.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:35 pm

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

ive always assumed that atheist was a non belief in god

hmmmmm

*scratchs head*
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:35 pm
kese

The_Human wrote:

wrong use of words then of course agnostic means being confused, but i meant this in earthly terms, for someoneelse to say they weren't confused, would mean they were bullshitting(especially for them to be on earth let alone bullshiting on a message board). to not know god is to be knowlegable about god, there is no better way to put it. all we may know are simple basic things. but please don't claim to know the right path, how do i get to saturn again?, please don't say you're close enough to god to know what it may be...
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Human

hugh grants hooker wrote:
blunted - nope. you arent agnostic.
'not giving a fuck' is one of the forms of atheism.

there are 2 defintions of atheism, one of which pertains to those who argue that there is NO god what-so-ever and that believing in one is silly.
the other form of atheism suits you, people who dont know and dont care to know.
here is the one that suits you:

Atheist
A person who has no belief in a God or Goddess. Just as a newborn has no concept of a deity, some adults also have no such belief. The term "Atheist" is derived from the Greek words "a" which means "without" and "Theos" which means "God." A person can be a non-Theist by simply lacking a belief in God without actively denying God's existence. This is the definition of Atheism used by most Atheists.

So..................

Did anybody catch the World Poker Tournament on The Travel Channel today??
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:39 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Quote:

if you state that there absolutely can not be a diety of any kind, an agnostic will probably argue against you. stating that it is possible, but they dont know if its true.

if you state that there is definitely a god, once again an agnostic will argue against you stating that you cant prove it.

i agree with the 'agnostic' point of view
but i dont care either way if god exists or not...

if it ever can be proven for fact i will change my view and belive in a god
if they cant well we will never know

hmmmm

*scratches head*
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:40 pm
The_Human

[quote="kese"]
The_Human wrote:

wrong use of words then of course agnostic means being confused, but i meant this in earthly terms, for someoneelse to say they weren't confused, would mean they were bullshitting(especially for them to be on earth let alone bullshiting on a message board).quote]

I couldnt continue reading, I need more stimulation. But you keep talking all this shit about being on messages boards;

NEWS FLASH:

YOUR ON ONE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

If you had a point, spice it up a bit because I would rather sit here and see if I can kill myself by not breathing.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:41 pm
hugh grants hooker

and who cares how to get to saturn. that has nothing to do with god, unless you're pagan. this thread isnt about paganism.

and no, I'M not confused. i know what i believe. does this mean i'm claiming to know what god is? no.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:47 pm

kese

see i'm not claiming to know what god is, i'm just claiming that none of us do...good try though guys.. you get a round of applause for chivalry, you will be knighted by the Queen, be given medals of honor by the US Milatary, and be sanctured Santhood, by the Pope.... We're too limited, unfortunately words can't expalin what i have to say........
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

kese wrote:
see i'm not claiming to know what god is, i'm just claiming that none of us do...good try though guys..

what? who accused you of claiming to know what god is?
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:01 pm

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

could you guys just shut the fuck up i asked a question got it answered for the most part

LET THIS THREAD DIE
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:04 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next