Search
Register
Anticon is neither Sage, Buck 69 or Hip Hop!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

CFL

I apologise...I'm just sick of reading about "Anticon ain't hop" or "This is hop, but that isn't..."

I find it insulting that people feel the obligation to even voice thier opinion over "hip-hop" (GRANTED: it's the net and that's what it's for...)...

Whether it's the whiteboy in Ottawa pumping Sole while grimacing at a Nelly video, or the brother in Queens cranking Jigga while laughing at the concept of Anticon...

...isn't it a little obvious to everyone that all the petty whining about what is or isn't hop isn't going to change the fact that nobody owns this shit.

It's just a bunch of sound vibrations. That's right, eskimos will eventually start keeping the price tags on thier winter jackets and saying "peace, god", and they'll have debates over KRS' stature, while secretly keeping a journal of written battle raps that they'll never perform to anyone except a mirror.

Deal with it.

To say that Anticon isn't hip-hop implies that one knows something about music....hhmmmmmm, I doubt it.

Again, no direction at you, futeristxen, I just can't tolerate this dead horse being kicked any more. It's fucking embarrassing. We all SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED.

My Little Pony.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:42 am
jjay

if a fat man fell in the shower and there was no one around to hear it, did it happen?
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:48 am
futuristxen

jjay wrote:
if a fat man fell in the shower and there was no one around to hear it, did it happen?

And is it hiphop?

I say yes.

and CFL. I agree with you. Whether something is hiphop or not has no bearing on anything to me anymore. I listen to Waylon Jennings and Ludacris on the same playlist. And I think the nearest comparison to Personal Journals in my collection is Blood on the Tracks. Ever since I got over my stigma about Country as a genre, I've stopped thinking in terms of orthodox genre terms. In the end it's always about what the music means to you.

but yeah. High horse. yada yada. My kingdom for some better air conditioning. It's hot in here.(not message board here. my home here.)
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:16 am
Beep

yea anticon is gay  Reply with quote  

yea, gay
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:10 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5