Search
Register
Anticon is neither Sage, Buck 69 or Hip Hop!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

duck_shoe

August Spies wrote:
you guys need to get overyourselves if you think he doesn't fit in with emcees like Sole and Alias. Not in the same vien? Give me a break. It is the same fucking artery.

Exactly. There's a reason Sage and Sole sound so good together, and it's not because they're polar opposites.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:30 am
August Spies

(given your absurd post counts I would be willing to bet you DO care what sage thinks...)

regardless, my point was simply that Sage himself clearly thinks he has somewhat of a connection with Anticon or he would not have worked with them.

once again you lose.

Quote:

I don't like anticon. get over it.

Hahah... give me a break kid. Everytime someone posts something about anticon you run into the thread and post some flamebait like "anticon arne't hip hop" "anticon suck and are pretentious" or some other b.s. No one is stuck on your hatred of anticon and we would quickly get over it if you didn't keep constantly putting it in front of everyone.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:33 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dee

August Spies wrote:
(given your absurd post counts I would be willing to bet you DO care what sage thinks...)

Well, obviously if you just proved some point to me, I should change my mind and suddenly think you're right, right? I mean, I care what sage thinks, that's why I have all these posts...oh shit. I better like anticon now.
Fuck off.

Quote:

regardless, my point was simply that Sage himself clearly thinks he has somewhat of a connection with Anticon or he would not have worked with them.

OK...and this is relevent to me how? I don't like them. GET OVER IT.

Quote:

Hahah... give me a break kid. Everytime someone posts something about anticon you run into the thread and post some flamebait like "anticon arne't hip hop" "anticon suck and are pretentious" or some other b.s. No one is stuck on your hatred of anticon and we would quickly get over it if you didn't keep constantly putting it in front of everyone.

Thats not what happened here. I didn't instigate shit. I said one line - "thats why I don't like anticon." If that's "putting it in front of everyone," and it seriously offends you, well....

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:57 am
Mike McDermot

I'm not going to post AGAIN what I feel about anticon but you all should figure something. READ (that's right R-E-A-D) the non-prophecy by joey beats (link on homepage) and then tell me Paul has pledged his undying love to anticon. Why isn't his new LP being released by anticon? Isn't it possible he was down with them before but isn't anymore? Isn't it possible he has mixed or bad feelings about anticon and that's why he'd never joined one of these threads?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:06 am
INCREDIBLE MAN

is yogurt ice cream?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:00 am
Mike McDermot

no
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:01 am
barlow

Krishnatautmi wrote:
I'm not going to post AGAIN what I feel about anticon but you all should figure something. READ (that's right R-E-A-D) the non-prophecy by joey beats (link on homepage) and then tell me Paul has pledged his undying love to anticon. Why isn't his new LP being released by anticon? Isn't it possible he was down with them before but isn't anymore? Isn't it possible he has mixed or bad feelings about anticon and that's why he'd never joined one of these threads?

Is it not possible that whilst Personal Journals belonged on Anticon, Hope doesn't?
No matter how "hiphop" you think Anticon is/isn't, you have to admit that they dont make records that sound like anything else in the hiphop section of HMV. Maybe the fact that Hope is a more straight forward "hiphop" album (and I don't mean that in a bad way) means that it wouldn't feel right or sit right amongst the rest of the current Anticon catalogue.
Maybe Lex pay more :)

If he isn't down with them, how come he just did a 2 month tour with them, under the banner "Anticon Allstars", long after the announcement that Hope is going to be released on Lex?

Anyway, that aside, I am sorry.

I posted this link because I thought the "buck 69" in title of the auction was funny. I should have guessed it would turn into this.

Ho hum.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:08 am
Buddy Peace

The fun got sucked out of the thread pretty early on.

It was fun for a bit though.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:04 am
August Spies

Djdee:

Quote:

I said one line - "thats why I don't like anticon."

actually you said they were "pretentious bullshit." aka flamebait.

get a life.

Quote:

Well, obviously if you just proved some point to me, I should change my mind and suddenly think you're right, right? I mean, I care what sage thinks, that's why I have all these posts...oh shit. I better like anticon now.
Fuck off.

haha if you think that is what my post meant you have very bad reading comprehension skills.

you boring predictable posts dont' offend me, don't give yourself so much credit, they are just annoying. We know you dont' like anticon, get over it.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
futuristxen

barlow wrote:

I posted this link because I thought the "buck 69" in title of the auction was funny. I should have guessed it would turn into this.

Ho hum.

Weren't you the one who posted that thread about Dose One being so great and then it turned into like a 6 page deal?

Barlow, barlow, barlow, when are you going to stop instigating all of this trouble.

It's a fact that any thread containing anything anticon related will go at least 4 pages.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:54 pm
Dee

August Spies wrote:
Djdee:

Quote:

I said one line - "thats why I don't like anticon."

actually you said they were "pretentious bullshit." aka flamebait.

get a life.

That would be my response to someone else....you get awfully testy when I insult them. Chill the fuck out.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:46 pm
August Spies

eh... c'est bon avec moi.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:26 am
tatto0edhands

why do people always argue about anticon shit. i dont get it.

it's fucken old already.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:38 am
August Spies

kids on this board like to argue about everything. Ive seen worse arguments over Aesop Rock and Atmosphere.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:41 am
JTP

August Spies wrote:
kids on this board like to argue about everything. Ive seen worse arguments over Aesop Rock and Atmosphere.

Really, no shit? Then shut up kid.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:00 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next