Search
Register
smoke weed, keep brain cells. hooray!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

kese

what's an honest career? i'm an advocate, and an artist, people like you buy my paintings because you can't make them... what's more valuable, a Picasso, or a router?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RapCat

I'm an electronic engineer for a major company in the silicon valley, I've been on my own since I was 16, put myself through college, and have been very successful. And I smoke pot everyday. Basically I agree with everything Shane said, I don't advocate pot but saying people that smoke pot cannot be successful or are less intelligent is just stupid.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:32 pm
hugh grants hooker

someone said that i 'just buy into the rhetoric. i guess i do:

--------------------
Harmful Effects of Marijuana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The harmful effects of marijuana on the Brain and Central Nervous System
Impaired thinking, mood, memory, and coordination
Marijuana (THC) is an extremely powerful and pleasurable intoxicant. It affects, alters, and damages brain cells controlling thinking, emotion, pleasure, coordination, mood and memory. The pituitary gland is also damaged which regulates hunger, thirst, blood pressure, sexual behavior, and release of sex hormones.
Clogged synapses, brain damage and addiction
Marijuana accumulates in the microscopic spaces between nerve cells in the brain called "synapses." This clogging interferes by slowing and impairing transfer critical information.
Long term use causes the brain to stop production of brain chemicals necessary to "feel good" - a negative feedback condition. And, the user becomes chemically addicted to marijuana.

The harmful effects of marijuana on the Heart
Speeds up heartbeat as much as 50%, increases blood pressure, and poses great risk to those with hypertension and heart disease.
The harmful effects of marijuana on the Endocrine System
Marijuana damages the network of glands, organs, and hormones involved in growth and development, energy levels, and reproduction.
Organs and glands affected:
pituitary gland
thyroid gland
stomach
duodenum
pancreas
adrenal glands
testis

The harmful effects of marijuana on the Reproductive System males and females
Marijuana use can decrease and degenerate sperm, sperm count, movement, and cause lowered sex drive. Females can have egg damage, suppression of ovulation, disrupt menstrual cycles, and alteration of hormone levels.
Regular use during pregnancy can lower birth weight and cause abnormalities similar to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (small head, irritability, poor growth and development.
Can destroy the number of chromosomes, resulting in cell abnormalities and impaired function.
Other affects on the central nervous system
distortions of perceptions, thinking and reality
Difficulty in forming concepts and thoughts
Poor concentration
Mental confusion
Loss of motivation
Wide mood swings
Aggression and hostility
Depression, anxiety and paranoia

The harmful effects of marijuana on the Eyes
Sleep looking, blood-shot eyes with dilated pupils.
The harmful effects of marijuana on the Throat
Irritates membranes of the esophagus; increases chance of developing cancer of larynx and esophagus.

The harmful effects of marijuana on the Lungs
Significant damage and destruction of the air sacs of the lungs, reducing the lungs ability to bring oxygen and remove carbon dioxide - Emphysema.
Causes bronchial tubes to be inflamed, thickened and to produce more mucus; resulting in narrowing of the air passages - Chronic Bronchitis.
Marijuana smoke has twice as much "tar" as cigarette smoke and significantly increases chance of lung cancer, inflammation and infection.

http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/harmful-effects-of-marijuana.htm
---------------------------------

...and kese - 'router' is the correct answer. a picasso hasnt ever been in my house or done shit for me. also... picasso smoked weed?

also, if any of you can actually show proof that putting this into your body will make you more creative... please show proof. until then i'll just sit here laughing at the thought.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:41 pm

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i can probbly find websites that contradict everything you just posted

prove to me what you just said is true hgh
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:44 pm
kese

MADLIB! pothead extrodinare... musical genius. that's proof enough for you right there. Also router may be the right answer for you, but i'm sure Picasso has inspired many more people..I doubt he smoked weed, i was just sayng i do, and i paint, He painted. What i was getting at is: there are museums (etc.) dedicated to peoples creative expressions, creative expressions are to some people more valuable than, material. That's why we're using these routers, and other electronic devices to access this webpage, The focus of which is Frankie's creative expression. Does he need pot, nope, does he need routers (etc).. nope. But maybe by using these things he allows for himself different opportunities, you have to admit that you at least think and feel different when you're high.. where do these feelings come from except within yourself, you must be tapping into something.I was trying to determine what was a honest career...There must have been some miscommunication. Also i don't believe shit the government tells me, it used to be illegal to not grow weed, why the complete turn around? You got your information from an anti marijuana website, of course they're going to make it look bad..that's like trying to get an unbiased opinion on the war in Iraq off of CNN it ain't gonna happen. Did you know the plant is more useful than the soy plant, and that it's exquisite to look at? The pot plant uses the suns' energy more efficiently than any other plant.. That it contains protien and can be eaten. go to the link posted on the first page of the thread you'll see.

Now why would they go to such great lenghts to make it seem evil, it has been around since before civilization, what do you think was in the Native Americans peace pipes.?
We're all being misinformed for some reason or another.. is pot illegal because when you smoke it you are making a sacrifice to the devil, or is it illegal because you can survive off of it, and grow it yourself, thus eliminating the need for other items distributed by major corporations.
Just some thoughts, if you can do fine without it, you get my utmost respect, but in the same vein, what i have learned about pot, that hasn't come from the racial profiling, brutal, police, or the crooked bought out government, and backward propagandistic media, is that it isn't that bad.

Last edited by kese on Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Weed is good. We are finding out now that humans and plants co-evolve.... plants we were eating or whatever millions of years ago now activate parts of our brain. Weed definitely activates the intuitive part of the human brain. It's tricky though... you have to weed out the paranoia from the real intuitive stuff. Weed out was not a pun, fuck puns.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:14 pm
Daniel Carver

This post doesn't need to go any further, HGH and Dallasbitchboy are just grasping at straws. Is it really necessary to have this go on any longer? Although it is funny to watch them pick n choose what they want to respond to, it's just getting old. They've obviously both led very sheltered existences and my guess would be neither of them have even had one toke of reefer in their life. Why else would it turn into an "Us" vs. "Them" type of thing? Apparently they're intimidated by people who can keep a healthy balance to their life while indulging in the sweet herb. These 2 have proven time and time again to be some of the most close-minded assholes on this board ...stop feedin' em!
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:40 pm
Daniel Carver

btw, HGH.

posting your so called marijuana "facts" from Narcanon AKA (SCIEN-FUCKING-TOLOGY) just makes you look even more foolish.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:47 pm
mattrego

Ahh.... The war on marijuana. Hey, shouldn't this thread be in the "Fuck This War" Forum?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
nonesuchone

Daniel Carver wrote:
btw, HGH.
posting your so called marijuana "facts" from Narcanon AKA (SCIEN-FUCKING-TOLOGY) just makes you look even more foolish.

Ouch.

That one shook my apartment.

Damnit, now all my router paintings are askew.

[BRB]
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:39 pm
hugh grants hooker

you potheads have just PROVEN yourselves to be fuckin retarded. in that last pothead thread, you guys kept saying "nothing matters unless you post a link"... well... i posted a fuckin link. and you say 'prove it'. haha. thats a good request if your a fuckin idiot. get a clue: we are on the internet

i cant really 'prove' anything in any way other than posting links. same as you. and i posted a link to a source, therefore i gave as much proof as is possible. if you choose to look the other way in the face of that proof, then that is your problem.

also, madlib's "musical genius" as a pothead (In your mind) means that pot makes you creative? no. explain then, why sage francis is three times what madlib even dreams of at night.

and if words shake your apartment, you need to go see your super... cuz your shit aint got no support (much like your pro-weed arguement).

ANYONE... proof that marijuana causes creativity? nothing. oh i thought not.

daniel carver - pick what you want me to respond to. you momma's boy.
everytime someone doesnt smoke weed, a pothead says that person was very sheltered. i love it. shows your education.
where did i grasp at a straw? was it when I post a source for my side? HAHA

also, daniel... how many dicks have you sucked in your life? I bet not even one... but then why would you? YOU arent gay are you. no. so why does this arguement hold up toward us 'non-junkies' when applied to weed? it doesnt. once again... shows your education. thanks for giving this one to me. haha
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:56 pm

FoJaR

fojar no likey marajuana. marajuana helps fill kese's pitchers with weaksauce.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:11 pm
Machiavel

hugh grants hooker wrote:
i cant really 'prove' anything in any way other than posting links. same as you. and i posted a link to a source, therefore i gave as much proof as is possible. if you choose to look the other way in the face of that proof, then that is your problem.

Nah sorry dog, you cant prove anything because your arguments are weak, and you always cite shitty extremely biased sources. You dont see people who are arguing for pot citing "high times" do you? didnt think so.

You have never made a coherent reasonable post opposing marijuana and i doubt that this thread will be a first so you might as well not bother.

Your dick sucking refrence was out of place, because it had to do with sexual prefrence. your argument would have been better if you had said heroin, because not that many people have tried heroin and most people think its bad, which is alot closer to your cause.

I can summ up the rest of your arguments for you "you potheads are all junkies and you are stupid!" there ya go, you dont even need to bother posting now. wasnt that nice of me?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:23 pm
FoJaR

pot is pot is pot. warcraft is warcraft. you smoke pot to relax and have a good time, i play warcraft to relax and have a good time. even if pot isnt bad for you as you claim it isnt, whats left in the end but a bunch of wasted time.

the clock is slowly ticking, gentlemen. when you die, are the hours you spent masturbating and wasting time going to equal the time spent doing things that were worth while?

pot may make for interesting daydreams, but "you can dream a little dream or you could live a little dream, i'd rather live it, cause dreamers always chase but never get it."
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:33 pm
hugh grants hooker

my reference was on point.

i'm arguing AGAINST smoking, and he says i lose the arguement BECAUSE i dont smoke. haha. THAT is biased.

okay, if you dont like my source... thats fine. i just did a google search for marijuana and thats the first thing that came up. however, you CANT say that it wasnt rational. i was completely calm and rational in that post.

okay lets try another link, whats your beef with this one (other than opposing weed):

http://www.uihealthcare.com/news/news/2000/04/040600block.html

or

http://www.pnp.gov.ph/lib_&_ref/prohibited_drugs.htm

or this little thingie

[url][/http://www.everlastinglife.net/smoking_mar.htm[/url]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARIJUANA

(HARMFUL EFFECTS)

Marijuana, often called grass, pot, or weed is a crude drug made from Cannabis sativa, a plant that contains a mind-altering (psychoactive) ingredient called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

Marijuana slows down the user’s mental and psychomotor activities. Users don’t remember what they have learned when they are high. The effects of marijuana can also impair thinking, reading comprehension and verbal and mathematical skills. Marijuana creates other health problems related to: the reproductive system, the heart, the lungs. It has been found that marijuana use may lead to cancer. Long-term regular use of marijuana may lead to psychological dependence. Once started, it may take more of the drug for the user to get the same effect.

Young marijuana users are more likely to go on experimenting with other drugs.

IMMEDIATE EFFECTS:

* Faster heartbeat and pulse rate

* Bloodshot eyes

· * Dry mouth and throat

· * Altered sense of time/disorientation

· * Forgetfulness/inability to think

· * Impaired reflexes, coordination and concentration

* “Acute panic anxiety reaction” – extreme fear of losing control.
LONG TERM EFFECTS:

* Chest pain

·* Irregular menstrual cycle

·* Temporary loss of fertility for both sexes

·* Premature babies/low birth weights

* Cancer

* Marijuana “burn-out” (dull, slow moving, inattentive, and unaware of surroundings)

-----------------------------------------

any of that post not rational?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next