Search
Register
Gravity Hill: going up in neutral on an inclined hill
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

uptown geezus

Gravity Hill: going up in neutral on an inclined hill  Reply with quote  

Gravity Hill

I've heard about the "legend" of this mysterious place for about four years, but now it was time that I actually experience it firsthand. So after a barbeque with the homies, we went on deciding where to go. Someone then brought up Gravity Hill and we all agreed. While driving to Gravity Hill, everyone was laughing at the top of their lungs; cracking jokes and doing stupid shit of provocation. We were crammed into a tiny corolla, while I got the honor of being the "bitch" sitting in the middle of two fat asses so as they refer to themselves as (a big disadvantage, if your skinny or not fat enough) We also had another car full of buddies go with us.

Gravity Hill is located in the city of Corona, CA on some hill, hence the name. After taking numerous freeways, we finally arrived there. As we exited, we saw some blue VW bug and it scared the shit outta us. I kept my cool though as I am known for my calm nature. As we went across the hill from the exit, there was a sense of eeriness. The thing was that we had to turn around and put the car in neutral on the opposite side. So as we turned around, we drove up a little and the driver left the car in neutral.

Slowly, the car began to be "pushed" up by some mysterious energy. At this very moment, we were quiet, but the mood of the experience quickly changed to that "panic feeling" of I'm going to fuckin' die. We quickly got the camera ready to take a picture of that spirit. We tested the camera out and it worked fine. My friend and I looked back and suddenly we saw some "shadow" that was pushing the car. The shadow crept at first and then quickly ran to the car and putting its hands and " pushing" it. I tried to get a picture of the spirit, but the button just wouldn't go, but once turned away from the spirit it took a picture of my friend.

At first, when I saw the "spirit," I thought it was one of the people from the other car that came to fuck with us, but there was no way he/she could have ran back to the car so fast. This was no joke; I know that what I saw was in fact real. I mean, shit I saw it with my own eyes. At this time, everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs exclaiming, " that's some scary shit. " It seemed surreal, so we went for another turn. I mean, shoot we drove a very far distance, so we mine as well get the full experience.

Second Round. We went and it did the same shit, it pushed us up. This time we saw no sign of the "spirit." Before we even went up on the hill, I assumed I would see some being, but from my pure instinct, I knew I wouldn't be able to see it again. We were trying desperately to get a picture, but as I said the camera just wouldn't work. My friend even tried it out and experienced the same complication. The time was around twelve or one in the morning and it certainly didn't reach two yet. At this time, everyone had that "traumatized" feeling like why the fuck am I here? Well, I kept my cool, but was thinking about the mysteriousness of it all.

We then went a third and fourth time and we even tried to going to the opposite side (place where we exited from) and put it in neutral and it pushed us backwards. (The first round being that it pushed us forwards on an inclined hill) The hill seemed to only go one way. We experienced the same shit and just couldn't catch the spirit in action, so we decided to leave. In the other car full of people, they all just didn't seem to get scared and were joyously laughing. One of them even came running out of the car posing as the spirit.

Well, so as the legend goes, there was some kid that ran over here and it's the kid that pushes you. As we were driving home, everyone was just paranoid and questioning certain things. We even discussed things like epistemology, physics, dreams and similar stuff. As for me, I was keepin' my cool still, but when I got home, I couldn't really fall into a deep sleep. The mental depiction of that spirit just couldn't be erased from my memory. By the time I got home, it was about 2 or 2:30 AM. The first thing I do is talk to my mom about. I felt weird to even go get some water outside in the kitchen. After that, I go to sleep. I wake up around 4:30 AM and my dad's getting ready for work, so I borrow some of his time and tell him what happened to me. Interestingly enough, he found an interest for it and told me to get the directions to Gravity Hill. By the way, I was the minor of the whole trip, while all of the other people were either in college or just had graduated from high school. They said I was being a hardass, but I really showed them who was the "real bitch." Moreover, I advise everyone to go there and experience it firsthand, whether you are a thrill seeker or just another person ready to shit in your pants.

Sometimes there's things that can't be explained by reason.
BELIEVE OR NOT. Just go for yourself and see. [/img]
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:39 am
tatto0edhands

haha that doesnt happen when we go there! we just go to blaze it. nice little spot.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:14 am
uptown geezus

leave ya car in neutral??
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:06 pm
Mikal kHill

Actually, we do have a Gravity Hill in North Carolina, and it works. IT's out in the middle of the fuckign boonies, though.

You're supposed to turn yoiur car off, and turn the lights out, though, and allegedly (and this could just be more bullshit) some people got killed by some rednecks out there one night while they were doing it. I played a club in that area a few weeks ago, and judging from the hillbillies I played for, that could quite possibly be true..... I don't know how the hell we wound up playing this, but we pulled up and there were rebelflags hanging everywhere, the club looked like a converted church... I was afraid for my life. I'm just glad we have a live band, or htey would have probobly lynched us right before some Skynerd cover band went on... We showed them our DJ's turntables, and they were like "Why do you have recordplayers?"
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:33 pm
Mikal kHill

TYhe legend here is that the car hit someone, and in the process the baby was thrown from the car, and the other car's wheel rested on the baby's dead body. The car moving is supposed to be the mother trying to shove your car off of her dead baby.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:36 pm
wordsauce

it is not only cars that get pushed by spirits... piss on the ground and see which way it flows...
take a level with you to check if it really is amazing...
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:45 pm
illmatik06

uptown, gravity hill is big talk around here. haha. the legend claims that a schoolbus tipped over or something...and the spirts pushing your car up are children?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:11 pm
uptown geezus

i heard the schoolbus one was something about train tracks and shit. like now if you go to that certain area and leave your car in parked on the tracks, that shit'll push ya.

MikalkHill's one is sorta similar to what i've heard. well i heard some shit that a kid got run over and he's just pushing the car.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:19 pm
tim

crazy phenomenon... there's one in pasadena too and it works every single time.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:38 pm
duke_city

Wouldn't a better name for this hill be "Anti-gravity hill" ?

My guess is that there is an unusually large magnetic field near this hill and since all cars are made out of almost nothing but metal the magnetic force pulls it.

On second thought "ultramagnetic hills" is cooler.

A true test of my theory is to bust out a skateboard and see if it gets pulled as well.

Brian
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:00 pm
Abinatra

I call bullshit
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:38 pm
esreV-eR
sir-n00balot

i also heard about one in Connecticut, a friend was telling me about it last week so to see this thread is weird. anyone know where in conn this is supposedely located
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:19 pm
uptown geezus

my neighbor and i were discussing that it might not even be a spirit or whatever, but probably just that the hill looks like its inclined but its really the opposite.i duno; this is hard to explain.

its like there's this house in wisconsin where its slanted on a hill and when people stand inside, they feel perfectly normal and don't feel like they're standing slanted, but if someone were to take a picture they would see themselves as slanted.

those are legit reasons, but i still don't get the "shadow" i saw, where the hell would that come from?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:45 pm
Lazy Eyed Pea

Yeah hook it up with directions to the one in Connecticut. Re-Verse a Kingston resident? Who's this?

And I propose it's a government agency dispensing stories like this to test new types of supermagnets and hollograms and whatnot. Magnetic track under the road, hollogram projector in a tree. Straight up.

Actually... the dude that was installing the hollogram projector got beaten to death by the boogie monster and his ghost is just pissed off, but all he can do is push cars! Shit sucks.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:17 pm
slothrop

there is a gravity hill up in the sylmar cuts, i think around kagel canyon by this old kkk park. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, not sure if it's bullshit but its all if you believe in ghosts or not because many people have died in that canyon but your supposed to put flour or some shit like that on your trunk and you will see handprints from the ghosts pushing...
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next