Search
Register
"Ban White People From Hip-Hop"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Down Since 2001

Re: FUCK ALL THIS  Reply with quote  

Bathtub wrote:
if you all are to scared to say this. white mcs are mainly ALOT more talented than any black MC. with exceptions to cats like icon the mic king, aceyalone, bus driver, eligh, pheniox orion,nga fish, just to name a few. let the preacher bitch about it, we all know none of that shit he says has any relevance to our music or our "culture". hes just a black preacher and all they do is complain about how life is these days and how "hard" it is for a black man to suceed. seriously, pop on your head fones and listen to common or gangstarr or talib kwali, and then try to say they are more talneted than noah23, alias, dose one, radioinactive.
BLACK IS A COLOR-NOT A CULTURE

You should be ashamed of yourself. Shut the fuck up and die.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:05 pm
Mysterious Dr.Q

That's why they call America a free country. Anyone can do as they please. Whether it be to "hip-hop" or any other kind of music. No music in America
is liscenced to a particular race.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:17 pm
Jesse

selected quotations and reactions  Reply with quote  

Quote:

everyone thinks Jazz is crowned by Kenny G,

NOBODY thinks that.

Quote:

Music defines a culture

Never, never, never. That is never true. Music can come from a culture, but NEVER the other way around. A culture is not simply a marketing subset.

Quote:

Elvis, to the casual rock and roll fan, is considered the father and king of rock and roll

King yes, but father? I have never heard this suggested.

Quote:

The hip hop culture is nothing like the classical culture

CLASSICAL CULTURE!? There's no such thing! Who's repping hard for classical!? Yeeeeesh!

Classical II da bone! Mozart 'til I die, my good fellow!

Quote:

sumthing else, music is not culture, it is a form of entertainment

That's on the right track. I mean, the thing is that culture is way more than any music and/or its attendant fashion must-haves... and hip hop isn't.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:07 pm
praton3030

thanx jesse for agreeing with me, there r some smart ppl in here after all
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:15 am
kilgore trout

well...

if white ppl weren't allowed in hiphop we wouldn't be @ this message board now would we?

i mean, really.

heres my thing was racism. i know a really sweet person. her name is jess. she has been my friend through alot of things, and blah blah. but.. she is ashamed of the fact that she had a fling with a black guy for a week, that is, more than anything else thats what i playfully tease her about that she gets PO'ed about. she was raised to believe that white ppl had suttin not in so many words but in like, when she was dating a filipino, her pops was like " so will i be eating paper at your wedding" [referring to the stereotype that filipinos eat paper, dirt, etc. ] now her pops is cool as shit.. i dunn think he even realizes this is the case.. and she denies it whenever i say.. but i tink that deep down, they are somewhat bigoted about other races. its just as stupid, to say that all racists are clueless assholes as it is to say all blacks sit around spending their welfare money on watermelon kool aid.

also, despite all that, common sense or kweli or gang starr are all so much more talented than dose one or noah23 its not even funny. maybe if you'd said names like trick daddy and nelly vs. aesop rock and sage francis, but please, if you're gonna generalize at least do it on the basis of statements that aren't ridiculous on the face of them.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:45 pm
praton3030

that guy before me here is right, racists r not clueless assholes, i think it the fact that the parents r stupid enough to make their child believe that. he is also right about the music comparison issue, no one should make an ass of heirselvesa by saying dose one is better than gangstar, that just stupid, aesop rock and sage francis rule.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:27 pm
Betamaximus

i thought hip hop was invented in 1996
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:24 am
Soul Khansenses

idiocy  Reply with quote  

Bathtub, why not compare someone such as Pharoahe Monch to Circus, that babbling asstard from Shapeshifters?

Perhaps, you could even assess J-Live against Evidence from Dilated Peoples?

I can name an equally worthy Black MC for every white cat you select, but that isn't the point, because race is irrelevant in hip hop.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:27 am
Jimmie Ooombar

Bathtub wrote:
if you all are to scared to say this. white mcs are mainly ALOT more talented than any black MC. with exceptions to cats like icon the mic king, aceyalone, bus driver, eligh, pheniox orion,nga fish,
Is this more jokes? Cause I swear Eligh is white.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:35 am
Soul Khansenses

[quote="Reggie"]
Bathtub wrote:
if you all are to scared to say this. white mcs are mainly ALOT more talented than any black MC. with exceptions to cats like icon the mic king, aceyalone, bus driver, eligh, pheniox orion,nga fish, just to name a few. let the preacher bitch about it, we all know none of that shit he says has any relevance to our music or our "culture". hes just a black preacher and all they do is complain about how life is these days and how "hard" it is for a black man to suceed. seriously, pop on your head fones and listen to common or gangstarr or talib kwali, and then try to say they are more talneted than noah23, alias, dose one, radioinactive.
BLACK IS A COLOR-NOT A CULTURE

To echo Reggie, most of those Caucasians you listed are absolutely dreadful lyricists. Common and Kweli are incredible mc's, while Alias, Dose One, and Radioinactive cannot make even close to the impact that Com and Kwe make with their lyrics. Alias is a formidable beatsmith, but his records deal with pretty severe subjects in banal ways. Dose has a unique flow, but he's too incomparable to be measured by the same standard as others. Noah23 and Radioinactive are just pallid clowns with delusions of being actual artists. Common and Kweli skillfully weave their verses. They're more attentive to rhythm, word choice, and poetic devices than almost any other lyricist. You're just impressed by elevated diction, even when it doesn't serve as much of an improvement over how those white mc's would sound without it.

Now, dissing Common was a cardinal error, but Guru....GURU! He may not have spit the most profound ish, but as a vocalist, he CRUSHES someone like Noah23 or Alias. Guru doesn't have his voice electronically affected. Ever. That's how ill he sounds. He also was quite experimental in his selection of words to rhyme on each of Gangstarr's records. He devised corresponding pairs which you probably would never imagine yourself.

Oh, and Living Legends and Jedi Mind Tricks suck. Get a real fucking education and you'll understand why Talib Kweli is a fucking genius.

And just for my clarification, what is your ethnicity?
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:38 am
Funcmastac

F___ all this culure bullshit. I'm all about what sounds good to me. for real though, i had a friend that was actually disappointed when he found out sage was white because he didn't think white people were capable of making beats like that and rapping like that and that most white rappers write about stupid shit. but it has nothing to do with race or culture or any of that bs, its passion and how we relate.

perhaps hip-hop became a part of black culture because, and correct me if im wrong in the assumption that, black people were the first to start the whole scene so it got a black image. that right off gave other black people something to relate to hip-hop and discriminated the average white person. but i don't think the point of music is image, its sound not sight, obviously. so more inteligent/open minded people could relate to"hey thats a sick beat" and not "that person is black just like me." its so fucking obvious too, i can't understand why people are so stupid, we were given minds to think with, and so much of it is wasted on stupid shit. I know that Im a big retard it just makes it more inconcievable to me how most people are even worse. its human nature i suppose, to find ways to discriminate and relate to eachother. but there are the people like that preacher that complain of these injustices but are just contributing to the problem. if people didn't discriminate over this petty bullshit and realized we weren't that different and that the only differences are the people that braught us hear and the places we were born. Do you think that "evil" manthat drove that plane into the skyscraper would've done the same thing if he was born in Canada? We are all brainwashed from the day we are born what to believe in to fit into the society we had no choice but to accept. Im sick of accepting it. blah blah blah. but it doesn't matter because it will never change no matter how fustrated I get. the pile of shit will continue to grow and we will all die anyways.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 4:51 am
praton3030

i think that 9/1 really challenged us all when it came down to discrimination, alot of ppl were pointing their fingers at a certain race, and that was bullshit, no, my brother's friend did not know osama bin laden was going to do what happened. we shouldn't have discriminate then, and we shouldn't do it now, whites have every right to rap. You fucken racists out there, we get the picture that we treated u black ppl unfairly back in the 50's, that don't mean u have to glote it in our faces every chance u get.

peace,
Brian aka praton3030
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:25 am
Betamaximus

praton3030 wrote:
You fucken racists out there, we get the picture that we treated u black ppl unfairly back in the 50's, that don't mean u have to glote it in our faces every chance u get.

???
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:34 am
Solomon Klepto

I think its pretty simple....  Reply with quote  

There 's only one race that should be allowed to make Hiphop..... The Human Race.... Its unfortunate that this debate still exists, I remember hearin it when I first started Rappin over a decade ago..... And Unfortunately Racism will never lose its power in this cosmos.... Aslong as Racism is a word with a meaning, it will exist as dominant entity.....
Peace be with....
Sol Klep - MC3 - Obese Records
Melburn - Australia
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:09 am
Solomon Klepto

by the Way  Reply with quote  

on the Topic of Race and Racism, My parents are Greek and down here they call us Wogs ( a term given to ethnics ) which pretty much means foreign disease... The funny thing is Weve been called Wogs for so long that We proudly call ourselves Wogs now days.... Even Me.... I guess when You are continually called somethin it grows on Ya, no matter what it is.... But after a while I felt foolish proudly callin Myself a " Foreign Disease" so I gave the word Wog an Acronym : Worthy Of GOD.... Anyways jus thought Id share that with Ya's, seein that we are encountering the topic of Racism on this thread.... Bottom Line.... It exists everywhere.....
Sol Klep
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:40 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next