Search
Register
I hate these emcee's getting signed...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

angrymushroom

i have nothing to say.and this arguing is wasting space.
it goes nowhere.
argue about the genders of cereal icons
and how they effect the social status of
those who eat them.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:41 pm
Nope

Reggie wrote:
Word, I know exactly what you mean. It takes an introspective, sensitive adult to truly fondle Sage's cock in the proper manner. These 15 year-old girls on TRL don't even know the nuances of cradling the cock gently, let alone stroking it in the way that only super-intellectual, pompous rap fans can. Sage doesn't need his cock fondled by amateurs, and I can say for damn sure that the "mainstream audience"--you know, the people you see every day on the street that have their own lives, families, problems, jobs, concerns, and ideologies--these people don't deserve to fondle Sage's cock. In fact, I am considering making a counter offer to Sage regarding his Epitaph recording contract...I will DOUBLE his advance money if he will submit to being put in a small coffin that I can keep under my bed. At night, I will snuggle up to the coffin while Sage whispers super-intelligent raps to me and me alone. And I will giggle silently to myself knowing that I am the only person that can properly appreciate these wonderful, elitist, underground raps.

Thank you.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:53 pm
MessiahCarey

Reggie once again slams the hammer precisely upon the center of the nail's head, crushing any chances it may have had to seperate from its host.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:11 pm
bensandoval

^yep
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:16 pm
Doctrine

Reggie is right though talking to me...Sage IS under my bed in that coffin and I curl up inside of it with him whenever I wan't and there aren't a whole bunch of others who appreciate the intimacy we share and I don't wan't to share...It is VERY selfish of me...But let's get one thing straight...I have NO DOUBT in my mind that Sage won't lose his artistic edge and "sell out"...That's not my concern...This isn't one of those "sell out" rants okay Reggie? I seriously just like to think in my own selfish bubble of a world that revolves around me that there is just a small concentrated group of people who feel Sage's music and want to keep it that way...That's all...Good sarcasm though...
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:00 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doctrine

I gotta say...I like saying the phrase..."Oh, you've never heard of him?"...When someone's cherry is popped to his raw talent...
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FoJaR

heh, i know what you're talking about. i love being the one who introduces people to music, because then i can flaunt that fact in their face and be like "look at meeee, i was the ORIGINAL. thanks to ME you are enjoying this AWESOME MUSIC" and so forth.

FoJaR
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:16 pm
Doctrine

It's sick, but rewarding at the same time...My friends don't consider me a snob about it though...Because I get down with it ALL...
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:20 pm
FoJaR

oh no, i COMPLETELY act like a prick when i'm doing it. just gotta remind them that i am better than them in every way sometimes. keeps them in their place.

FoJaR
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:23 pm
hugh grants hooker

yea, i have this t-shirt that i made.

its just big ass writing that says
"remember who told you about sage francis!"

i have another i'm working on now with all the cliche artists listed.
the front says: "remember who told you"
the back says: "about sage francis, atmosphere, eyedea, sole, buck65, dose, aesop rock, etc..."

they are awesome. they come in yellow or pink. and only in xxxxL.
$50 each.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:28 pm

Doctrine

I only rock XXXL plain white T's with a little polo logo on the left bossom...Word...
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:35 pm
hugh grants hooker

if you want i'll paint that shit on there for you with puff paint.

i hand drawn message in puff paint on your polo shirt. shit is dope.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:41 pm

FoJaR

can you paint a swoosh with an X through it on mine? that way people will think i'm even MORE hardcore!!!

FoJaR
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:46 pm
hugh grants hooker

yea i put all that shit.

the anti-smoking sign with a swoosh instead of a cigarrette, a big sXe, and a tag on the sleeve the just comes right out and says 'i'm hardcore'.

and on the back of the shirt i'll draw an outline of a backpack and write "place backpack here".

so dope. i'll sell these on ebay.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:00 pm

TILTEDmurder

Re: I hate these emcee's getting signed...  Reply with quote  

Doctrine wrote:
I can't help but have my stomach churn when I hear about Sage Francis and Atmosphere getting put on to a wider exposure...No I don't think they are selling out...No I don't think they are sacraficing the art...It's the recipients of the music that makes me sick...Not to say EVERYONE who listens to quote "mainstream" music are dumb, they might not know what to check for...But I would HATE to see a Sage Francis video on MTV and think that 15 year old girls would be shouting him on TRL...I feel like the wider exposure takes away from the music being more personal and being able to be called mine, to being given up to a "chew you up, suck the flavor dry, and spit you out" society of listeners...Face it, thats what we do...That's what was done to offspring, people liked them, then you had their raw fans, but the commercial entertainment used what fruits they could give then dropped them like a bad habit...It's like the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill album and Fugees albums...There is some SERIOUSLY personal and heart-checking content on those things...Most people who have them only like the surface value of the music...I am very happy for these guys' success...But I can't act like I truly like the whole idea...Sorry...

No I'm not a backpacker nor an elitist...I just can't fake like I'm too excited...

and... i hate you for thinking this way. i dont usually bitch at people or be an asshole over an internet forum, but this just irritates me. how stupid are you to buy into that bullshit? you listen to fucking sage francis for the music he makes right? who gives a fucking shit if he blows the fuck up and is on TRL (even though it won't happen), as long as you like his music. next time you post something on this, dont make yourself sound so stupid, you fucking piece of shit.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next