Search
Register
Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

daniel door

Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show  Reply with quote  

wolf eyes:noise for noise's sake, really annoying, pretended to play songs but really just pressed buttons randomly and acted like assholes on stage

oddjobs:the beastie boys of tomorrow, good beats and shitty rappers that jump around waaaaaayyyyyy too much

alias:really fuckin boring, just stood there

handful of dust: shitty ass wannabe nine inch nails band that wants to look like marilyn manson
Post Mon May 19, 2003 7:14 pm
Royal-T

Baby Blue Sound Crew, but I expected it to be shitty I just went there cause they were in town and I had nothing better to do, they danced around and didn't rap or anything once they just had mic's yelling "WORD!, COMMON! UGH! THROW YOUR HANDS UP!, etc....."
Choclair, another one I expected to suck but checked out cause I had nothing better to do, and did he ever suck....he was rapping over himself rapping on beats haha it was pathetic.
The Grouch.....he hardly moved, and didn't seem very passionate in his delivery at all. But then again he did have to go on right after Sole's set which was mind blowing and pretty much untopable so most people would come off whacker than normal after that.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 7:28 pm
tom inhaler
me too!

Re: Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show  Reply with quote  

yay itz d00r wrote:
wolf eyes:noise for noise's sake, really annoying, pretended to play songs but really just pressed buttons randomly and acted like assholes on stage

oddjobs:the beastie boys of tomorrow, good beats and shitty rappers that jump around waaaaaayyyyyy too much

alias:really fuckin boring, just stood there

handful of dust: shitty ass wannabe nine inch nails band that wants to look like marilyn manson

roolette: rhode island heads know what i'm talking about... their music wasn't even necessarily bad, they were just kind of pathetic... they were one of like 15 local acts to open for blackalicious, and i had to leave at 12am... so not only did i not get to see the group i wanted, but they came off as amateurs... the soundman was playing their beats for them, and they would be like "alright, we're going to do this song......." and after waiting for ten seconds or so, the soundman would start the track.. it was wack as hell.. oh well. swann notty has moved on.

oddjobs were also at that show, but they had a really good set. i don't think they're like the beasties at all. and also, they did a totally acapella set.. no records, no cds, just rapping and beatboxes... sage even did "eye of the tiger" with mc squared... it was ill..

inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com
Post Mon May 19, 2003 8:31 pm
DM

Re: Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show  Reply with quote  

Yeah, Alias sucks live. So does Oddjobs. I saw Del once when he was drunk and I wanted to get on stage and slap him for wasting my money.

abacus
Post Mon May 19, 2003 9:48 pm
SergOne

man there are a shitload, golden tung, bunch of shitty guys from scottsdale arizona who actually used to go by Triple S P(South SideScottsdale Posse), scottsdale is just about the most bitchmade place ever, and these fools were fronting like they badasses and jacking beats left and right, shit sucked

then there are the "southwest ridas" they actually opened for sole and it was so fucking retarded, couple of 15year old who wished that kid frost would fuck them in the ass

then we got the BrownTown Looters, I saw these guys at bunch of lowrider shows, these guys sucked so hard Thump records wouldn't even sign them, and if you don't know about Thump well they would sign any fucking hispanic rappers as long as they wore locs and dickies, talent didn't matter for shit

this dude Vontell, with a really shitty combo of r&b and rap that fucking sucks ass, I had to watch this guy open for a coco brovas show and I just couldn't take it and I left, it was fucking horrible
Post Mon May 19, 2003 9:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lazy Eyed Pea

Bob Dylan (a few months ago (he's dead (really dead)))
Post Mon May 19, 2003 10:05 pm
FoNiKs

SergOne wrote:
man there are a shitload, golden tung, bunch of shitty guys from scottsdale arizona who actually used to go by Triple S P(South SideScottsdale Posse), scottsdale is just about the most bitchmade place ever, and these fools were fronting like they badasses and jacking beats left and right, shit sucked

ha! rappers from scottsdale, being someone who has to visite there every christmas because his grandparents live down there I can tell you thats the funniest shit I have ever heard. Rappers from scottsdale represent.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 10:21 pm
Don Knotts

SergOne wrote:

then we got the BrownTown Looters, I saw these guys at bunch of lowrider shows, these guys sucked so hard Thump records wouldn't even sign them, and if you don't know about Thump well they would sign any fucking hispanic rappers as long as they wore locs and dickies, talent didn't matter for shit

Haha, thats funny cuz I used to work for Thump Records...and your on point
Post Mon May 19, 2003 10:48 pm
PaigeMaster6

ace lova or ace lover or ace lovah...dude sucked. even the people he was performing with were pushing him off the stage. he was the absolute worst shit i have ever seen.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 10:52 pm
elbkdelgrande

On the Revenge of the Robots tour, with el-p and Lif, they brought Cage and Copywrite and they sucked pretty bad, wich was disappointing cause I was amped to see them, and they where shitty like some toilet paper.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 11:19 pm
Satyre

On the Live Band Dead Poet tour when it came to Columbus,OH the Trailer Park NInjas sucked ass so bad.And I think that's all,i'nn high.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 11:30 pm
DarkSelectaDub

shit i got too many to list, seems like every show i go to ends up with at least one craptastic act. I give respect to all performers whether it's a kid at an open mic or my favorite performer, but it boggles my mind how lame some peoples performances are.
Like the majority of hip hop from Chicago, for instance the last show i went to there was this guy infinito. His style involved dropping names, heres an example, nelson mandela, james brown, any other black icon, uhhh yeahhh. Wave your hands! uhhhh al sharpton uhhh. But my favorite part about his half hr set was when he asked a kid if he wanted to be an individual or be like someone else. The kid replied that he wanted to be an individual, then infinito told the audience that everyone that wanted to be an individual to say "one" with him. So here were all these individual's chanting the same thing. Hahahaha classic!
Post Mon May 19, 2003 11:49 pm
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

Cannibal Ox
Tomahawk
Post Mon May 19, 2003 11:56 pm
futuristxen

elbkdelgrande wrote:
On the Revenge of the Robots tour, with el-p and Lif, they brought Cage and Copywrite and they sucked pretty bad, wich was disappointing cause I was amped to see them, and they where shitty like some toilet paper.

word. It was a good thing I bought Cage's album before they performed because they were bad. And not like bad as in good. Like bad as in I was uncomfortable watching them. They would have gotten the gong. They should have gotten the gong. That really killed the show for me. RJD2 was great. Mr. Lif was pretty nice, but he and El-P weren't enough to keep me at the show after the Cage/Copywrite performance. I left pretty disillisioned. Everytime I listen to Cage's album I have to get past the wackness that was his stage performance.

I mean...damn.
Post Tue May 20, 2003 1:20 am
iamjoao

damn cannibal ox sucks live? i was so excited to see them some day...
Post Tue May 20, 2003 2:03 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next