Search
Register
Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

rae_rae

i would have to say bush or judas priest or cheap trick or huey lewis and the news or the violent femmes or powerman 5000 or ICP or slipknot.

they are all tied for first.
Post Tue May 20, 2003 10:34 am
MAGIstraight

Hmmm... theres been quite a few.

Radioinactive - I'm not a fan of his solo stuff anyways, so when he opened for clouddead at that mush show, I wasn't enjoying it... I really don't like the way he flows and sounds, recorded or live.

Restiform Bodies - I saw them open for Themselves... I love their recorded shit, I love it to death I tell you, but I wasn't feeling them live at all, there was no life on the stage, just 3 dudes with keyboards and stuff, and all the songs I liked that they played had been majorly distorted from the album versions.

Awol One - Saw him at the Live Band Dead Poets tour in Sac, once again, I like his stuff recorded, maybe even live, but I think he was drunk that night, his flow was off beat, and it just wasn't enjoyable. Whoever had the opening slot at that show sucked ass too, I can't even remember the name, big goofy fat emcee from sac with his beatmaking friend.

and about Alias, he may not have much life on stage, but sound wise, he still tears shit up, I've seen him 3 times now and each time I dug it, the last time he was backed by Jel and the black dude with the dreads on keyboards who performed with Them when I saw that show...

good times.
Post Tue May 20, 2003 10:52 am
dabinduppes

*NOTE

AWOL is ALWAYS smashed when he gets on stage, its horrible, everytime I have seen him Circus had to pick up the pieces....sorry sorry sight indeed
Post Tue May 20, 2003 11:21 am
Say Sam Ting

Can Ox - Horrible.. really.. they were lucky Mr. Lif was sharing a set with them.. Can Ox Boring then out Comes Lif all happy.. then can ox then LIF!!! it was a really bad combo...

Bicasso- he opened for an atmosphere show in Slims i believe.. completely horrenduz...

OMD.. too chulo for me...

N.E.R.D - Sprite liquid tour... I hate Pherrelze's voice... beats were still knockin though..

Passage - was funny at first.. but seeing him a second time.. ehh kinda not funny anymore..

Grand Buffet - ha just kidding..

Pep Love- horrible...

Scarub - seen him once didnt feel it.. he might not be that horrible..

Lyrics Born- ha just kidding again..
Post Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Swipe

I saw Del at the Cali Comm tour and thought he did an all right job... Lifesavas stole the show though. Meanwhile, Skhool Yard was really horrid. Damn man. . . just damn.
Post Tue May 20, 2003 8:07 pm
bensandoval

GaryColemansStuntDouble wrote:
Tomahawk

and what gets me is that a lot of guys i know fucking love em

yeah, sole was decent but unimpressive

alias, very clear yet very stagnant

a grape dope(john herndon)-saw him w/rjd2 & prefuse73 in sf the other day and he must've made at least 5 major mistakes where he had to say "fuck!!,sorry", and start over, plus his tracks went nowhere. disappointing since he's such a good drummer
Post Tue May 20, 2003 8:22 pm
daniel door

im iffy on the band orthrelm
they are insane to watch, they will leave you in awe at how amazingly they play together but the music itself isn't something you can really listen to and enjoy on record so i'm not sure how they would be to see a second time.they're impressive but you can't get into them which sucks coz they are great musicians.
Post Tue May 20, 2003 8:23 pm
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

Del fucking ripped it at the middle east in 99,he did "Eye Examination" and everything,Deltron 3030 was hype too,although i bet bad Del shows have existed.
worst...
MC Paul Barman upstairs at the middle east 2002
Post Tue May 20, 2003 8:23 pm
am01ne

def jux shows all suck with the exception of lif.

i could care less about live hiphop these day, itll be a rare occassion that youll catch this kid at some grungy overheated overpopulated venue with shitty sound techs and a bunch of greasy teenagers ever again. the exception being sage and atmos and possibly a few others but i can think of better and healthier ways for a 21 year old to consume his nights than underground hiphop shows. theyre no longer my thing...
Post Tue May 20, 2003 8:32 pm
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

naw, Aesop Rock is on def jux and he can hold a show like no other.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 12:01 am
the Wiper

easily nas...

paid $35 for him to come out for 45 minutes, put together a lackluster set with mostly stillmatic songs (read: maybe 2 illmatic songs) and generally seem like he could give a flying fuck about being there.

worst 35 i've ever spent, and believe me, if he ever comes around again, not only will i not go, i will fervently argue with anyone who actually wants to...

bottom line: it was all money to him, no love of the crowd or hip hop or nothing. money, money, money.

edit: now that i'm thinking about it, we stood there for 2 hours, with NO FUCKING OPENING ACT, which was 'supposed' to be fat joe (not that that would have made it any better), and only a wack ass dj playing jay-z, method man and other radio favorites. so the wait needless to say was painful. when nas finally came out, him staying exactly (yes, i checked my watch) 45 minutes made it all the worse. i felt raped leaving that venue that night...
Post Wed May 21, 2003 12:22 am
slothrop

even though i think circus and awol put shit down, it's just when the shapeshifters got wayyy to many people on stage it's a mess,and ,makes eveyone sound like shit, maybe i just don't like cbs but who knows?

saw restiform and thought they had a great show, jim jesus and bomarr were fucking amazing, hit hard as fuck...
Post Wed May 21, 2003 12:36 am
mack-mode

I also liked oddjobs live. I thought they were the best set out of the zion i, lyrics born tour. minnesota has some nice acts. lyrics born on the other hand, was terrible.

cage and copywrite were real wack on the revenge of the robot tour.

when i saw can ox aesop rock was with them and they did maybe 2 or 3 songs and aesop did the rest of the entire show.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 1:17 am
Seamus Ignoramus

am01ne wrote:
def jux shows all suck with the exception of lif.

And with the exception of El-P
And with the exception of RJD2
Post Wed May 21, 2003 3:44 am
blake3030

.  Reply with quote  

Never seen anything real bad, but ARE Weapons were pretty ordinary recently. the music was okay but the vocalist was trying to be a rapper which he wasnt on record and he just came across as a bogan

best ive seen was badly drawn boy
Post Wed May 21, 2003 4:57 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next