Search
Register
matrix theory
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

note1

....  Reply with quote  

BKGSP.....yeah you are right Neo doesn't get to repopulate....I would still like to volunteer for the job with jada pinkett and trinity.

Swipe...what you said makes as much sense as anything else being said about this film. I think you are right about some of that....I knew there had to be a signigicance to the fact that Neo is the 6th 'one"

I just hope Revolutions has some surprises...and whats up with Roy Jones Jr being in there and not kicking somebodys ass!! I wanna see that.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 6:33 pm
BKGSP

-yeah i dont think it makes sense that Neo is a program....just doesnt fit....i explained it in a previous post

-no the oracle says he cannot see the choices that he doesnt understand

Quote:

It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

-according to the statement, the other "The Ones" chose to save zion, thus allowing for the creation of a new matrix......however, from the way it sounds, this may be the first time that "The One" has had love for another individual

-if the theme of predetermined action holds true, then yes all three programs knew he was gonna save trinity instead......this can also be seen by the fact that the architect didnt seem at all confused or perplexed when Neo began walking towards the door back into the matrix.....what i dont understand is why the programs dont want Neo to instead save Zion, thus ensuring the creation of another matrix (which will save everyones lives).....maybe the assumption we make that all three programs want Neo to reset the matrix is false

-when everyone was meeting at the secret location, that was located within the matrix, not in zion i believe....thats why they had to look for a safe place to dock the ship.....as far as i know, the only trace of agent smith being able to enter zion is when he infiltrated a rebel and went through the phone line
Post Mon May 19, 2003 6:33 pm
mack-mode

READ THIS  Reply with quote  

http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm
Post Mon May 19, 2003 6:37 pm
BKGSP

Krang wrote:
from that second quote it sounds as though the 'real' world with zion is in fact the real world, due to the fact the individuals neo has to choose will be for reproducing (16 female to 7 male). If it was another matrix they could just create it.

let us not forget that the matrix is the world that surrounds the people, not the people itself......so it is still possible zion is a parallel matrix, except with the re-population, it will contain new people with no known knowledge of the previous versions
Post Mon May 19, 2003 7:09 pm
BKGSP

interesting read from the Corporate Mofo Guide link.....alot of great pts.....i especially liked the part bout machines not having free will so they need a human to destroy humanity......interesting twist
Post Mon May 19, 2003 7:31 pm
PokeHerFace

sorry, but i didn't read everything on this thread, mostly half and skimmed the rest...but...

The two main theories are good ones, both I struggled with after digesting the movie:

1)Neo is not human, a program, all part of the matrix.

2)"Real World" is actually a matrix within a matrix, and neo realizes this at the last minute

I tend to lean more towards #2. Matrix within a Matrix. Strictly because the programs that Neo runs into throughout the movie are very cocky. They say they "know" what Neo is going to do. However, I think that is just to get into his head. Like in the first Matrix when the Oracle says after Neo broke the vase "what will really get your head spinning later is when you ask yourself 'would i have broken it if she didn't mention it'". I think the main theme in this Matrix is fate vs. free will. Up till Neo, the Matrix has been able to play this "the One" game 6 different times. Every time they tell the One the right shit that gets him to the Source, the Architect. The Architect then tells the One something and gives him a choice, one that the Architects states "doesn't matter because he already knows what choice The One will make". For one, who is to say the Architect isn't lying, or isn't programed to simply be The Liar. Up till Neo, lying or not disclosing the Truth has worked to their advantage and has satisfied the Matrix's sic fettish.

Most importantly, the crux for Neo's realization, I feel, is what the Oracle mentions as human's Fatal Flaw. That being, humans never think for themselves. Humans simply "do what they are told to do". That being said, I think the 5 or 6 "Ones" that came before Neo failed because they left the Architect and pretty much did what they were supposed to, and kept the Matrix Game alive and recycling. However, Neo has "the Sight". He saw past his own dialogue with the Matrix, a computer program, and was able to feel himself and his connection with the Machines. He was the only one to decide for himself that, "No, what the Architect and everyother Program told me was not being 100% the truth". He had to see for himself and that is a sign of Humans in the Matrix breaking from their chains for real.

The reality, I think but don't obviously know for sure, is that there is a Matrix within a matrix.

Or, another theory: Let's not forget that this is obviously a Christian Allegorical movie. Who's to say that Neo, while in human form, is not divine, is not God or a Prophet?

That is most likely a stretch, but not ouside what this movie allows me to ponder.

peace
Post Mon May 19, 2003 9:09 pm
zeem

"Will Neo wake up and say, "Bill, dude, you won't believe this bitchin' dream I just had. . ."? "

ahhhhhhhaaaaaaaa
Post Mon May 19, 2003 9:23 pm
mack-mode

another theory could be maybe when him and agent smith bonded a part of him became able to stop machines and sence them outside of the matrix.

i think morpheus, trinity, neo all of the humans are human cause they all have the code of a human.
Post Tue May 20, 2003 1:30 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3