Search
Register
Kids today
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

hugh grants hooker

it scares me how seriously people can take anime.
its just a cartoon.

and it still cant fuck wit bugs bunny. WHAT!

haha. cartoons.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 11:53 am

rae_rae

RandomSurge wrote:
american children scare the fuck outta me

HAHAHA
Post Thu May 22, 2003 11:53 am
Nope

hugh grants hooker wrote:
it scares me how seriously people can take anime.
its just a cartoon.

and it still cant fuck wit bugs bunny. WHAT!

haha. cartoons.

what anime have you seen?

dragon ball z?
pokemon?

is this what you're basing that opinion on

you can make quite the serious animated piece...back in the day, before you could do anything you wanted with computers like you can now...the anime genre was the one pushing the boundaries...it allowed you to do shit that you couldn't do with real sets and people.

yeah...it's just a cartoon...it's animated

so that completely eliminates the subject matter?

I appreciate your american closemindedness
Post Thu May 22, 2003 11:57 am
Fladlien

Okay, this has gone on too long. I am surprised no one has mentioned what I think is a significant point. We no longer watch cartoons with the same perspective and mind frame we did as kids. Think how much your mindstate has changed since you used to watch your classic cartoons. You can argue all you want til you're blue in the face, but I think today's cartoons are just as well recieved by our youth as were ours. ten years from now on some message board out in cyber space, the next cartoon generation will be making the same argument. That they had all the good cartoons and the cartoons that are out now are crap. It's all about when you grew up. The same can be applied to music. When I grew up I was raised on ATCQ, de la soul, rakim, big daddy kane, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, etc. etc. Kids today just don't get that in my opinion. But I remember growing up not being aware of how "lucky" I was to be apart of this generation of music. To me it was just dope music. It wasn't til years later when all the smoke cleared could I appreciate what I had a chance to listen to. And That is the problem with cartoons and music today. If I were a child growing up today with the cartooons and rap music going around now, I wouldn't really appreciate how dope it actually was til many years later. It's the fact that time has made these groups stand out. Plus, time has a way of easily helping you forget the bad more than the good. Anyways, I hope my point got across, because I am just on my lunch break and didn't write this out as clearly as I would have liked to, and I kind of just presented it disorganized, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:00 pm
hugh grants hooker

your foriegner ass is mistaking "opinionated" for 'closeminded'.

close minded would be if i had never seen anime and refused to do so.
i have seen anime, shit was wack.
i've seen all the kiddy anime that comes on tv.
and people a few years ago recommended a few movies to me.
the only title i remember is "Heavy metal", but rest assured that all them shits was wack.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:03 pm

Nope

your foriegner ass is mistaking "opinionated" for 'closeminded'.

close minded would be if i had never seen anime and refused to do so.
i have seen anime, shit was wack.
i've seen all the kiddy anime that comes on tv.
and people a few years ago recommended a few movies to me.
the only title i remember is "Heavy metal", but rest assured that all them shits was wack.

it's ignorance based on ignorance

the only shit you've seen is the crap that they allow on the states...that's usually the shit that's for little kids outside of it

"i've seen all the kiddy anime that comes on tv."

so all of the sudden the discredits the whole genre????

I don't like that shit either...it's pathetic that that's what they let in

I could say:

"I've seen these wack american teen movies....all american made movies blow"

blah
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:06 pm
hugh grants hooker

anime is made by the japanese. so they will send what they want me to base my opinion on.

they sent it, i saw it, it was wack.

sorry to insult you and the people at your anime party.

i bet you like pictures of dragons and drive an import dont you? haha
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:08 pm

Nope

anime is made by the japanese. so they will send what they want me to base my opinion on.

is this you playing the ignorant card to just for the sake of arguing or are you truly this ignorant???

what you see is what you are ALLOWED to see...do you actually think they allow everything they send to be on tv??? MOST of the shit doesn't pass the censors...that's why they don't show it. You'd be surprised how long it has taken them to even bring the wack shit like dragon ball z

anything dealing with ANYTHING is not allowed in...because you wouldn't want children watching cartoons that deal with serious issues

I actually think the censor dragon ball z...which to me is hilarious. That show is about NOTHING...the character's names are FOOD and SKY for shitīs sake...that shit is WACK

they allowed it in because it's completely harmless....just a bunch of monkey boys fighting....please

keep basking in your ignorance...I'm done with you
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:18 pm
hugh grants hooker

ignorance is on your side again. why do you keep talking about what they'll allow on tv?

there are video tapes and dvds now-a-days. they are nice, and you can sell anything you want on those things. just the other day i saw a guy selling dvds of women fucking horses and dogs. i'm sure his distributor could get your "hot shit" anime. haha

dumb dumb dumb. we can get whatever we want.

go ahead name off some obscure supposedly good anime bullshit, and i will check it out... but when a fight scene comes up they had damn well better fight... none of that posed flying! and the background had better not turn into a solid colored screen or just a blur. and when they are done talking, their fuckin mouths had better not magically disappear. pffft.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:25 pm

Sarcastro

I haven't seen too many anime movies or anything, just the big name/popular ones, but you should watch Ghost in the Shell, that movie is hella philisophical

and watch Ninja Scroll, the fight scenes in that kick ass, even though you'll probably mock the scenes where the same ninjas jump across the screen for like 5 minutes, but other than that it's amazing.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:43 pm
hugh grants hooker

i've seen ninja scroll, mad wack.

its got the goofball fight scenes.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 1:05 pm

Random Sample

I am not a big anime head, but I own these and I thoroughly enjoy them.

Ghost in the Shell - this is my favorite
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Golgo 13: The Professional
Noir
Neon Genisis Evangelion
Blood the Last Vampire
Vampire Hunter D
Initial D - If You are into cars check this one out if not it is a waste of your time
X
That is all I canthink of right now. Check some of these out you will probably enjoy them.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 1:24 pm
hugh grants hooker

i've heard alot of people mention that 'ghost in a shell' movie.

i'll watch it in the next couple days. we'll see.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 1:27 pm

Nope

I'm not a big fan of the dubbing they did...the girl's voice gets really annoying at times

for some reason, english dubs of anime tend to blow chunks...I never got that

I like ghost in the shell...it's a flawed piece...very flawed actually...not as amazing as some people will try to tell you it is...especially with the english dubs hehe

It's still a good piece of work...isn't almost like 10 years old now? that's ridiculous
Post Thu May 22, 2003 1:53 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

im not big on anime
but cowboy bebop is a well done cartoon
the english 'dubs' are well too
Post Thu May 22, 2003 5:42 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next