Register
transcedental psychedelic experiences accepted by the masses
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Thats like, your opinion, man. - The Dude
Post Sat May 10, 2003 5:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dee

SneebDotCom wrote:
Thats like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Hahaaaa! Nice. you got a chuckle out of me.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 5:46 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

I'm sorry, but, I still don't believe you exist... chuckle or not.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 5:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

holy...shit.

That story about the balloon made me laugh harder than I have in a while.

The story up until the part where he pops the balloon is the best. After that moment...not so cool. but hey...drugs are the gateway to fun
Post Sat May 10, 2003 5:59 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Like you need drugs to want to pop a balloon and jump out the window to your death, PFFFT.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 6:30 pm
ObliO

My opinnion is...LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery  Reply with quote  

I've dosed more than 50 times it's safe to say...I really can't describe anything else on the earth that is as unique and humbling/liberating than an lsd trip. Even a terrible trip teaches you about yourself...when you think yr just about to die or go nuts you start thinking about "your last moments alive" it's really unveiling alot of who you really are.

"After LSD was becoming popular timothy leary was in Tibet and he gave a monk LSD ,in his tea without the monks knowledge or consent. After a few hours there was no signs that the monk was tripping, so he dosed his drink again, and a few more hours past...finally leary said to the monk 'i don't understand, i just dosed you twice with an incredibly potent substance that expands your mind, perception, and spiritual being...you should be a lot more visually perceptive and audibly responcive, even nervous or self-concious, or more into your surroundings, etc.' to which the monk responded 'thats how i am all the time, thats my state of being perpetualy"

I'm not a MONK.

I am a mushroom hunter...I always eat and hunt wild (psilocybin) mushrooms. Except when the sun lets the winter stay.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 6:59 pm
wordsauce

As to DJ Dee's comment about higher consciousness, who knows if it is really a higher consciousness... but it is a different consciousness.

It taps back into whatever consciousness Dali was within, taps back into the Centran American elders as referred to in Carlos Castaneda's The Teachings of Don Juan, taps back into the potentiality of the universe rather than the actuality of it.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 7:39 pm
sequence

Can someone tell me what the hell it would mean to speak about a 'higher form of consciousness'? I don't even know what it means to talk about human consciousness, so please enlighten me.

I completely agree with djdee on this one. The chemicals in your brain go haywire, your perception of the external world thus gets filtered through a bizarre and unfamiliar mechanism. The actual intricacies of human perception are considerably more fascinating to me than talking about something like a higher form of consciousness. I tell you what, go to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Find someone with a sauna who lives on Lake Superior. Get that fucker cooking at about 200 degrees, sit in it, steam yourself until you can't physically bear it anymore than jump in the freezing-ass-cold lake. Repeat that about 5 times and you'll be talking to Cthulu in the batcave with Alfred serving you deep-fried twinkies. Fucking up the stability of the fragile state that is the equilibrium of the human body will make fucked up shit happen to what your brain perceives as the outer reality of the world.

Remember, we are always partially constituting our reality.[/quote]
Post Sat May 10, 2003 7:56 pm
ObliO

yeah but mushrooms don't have any bad side effects or negative effects on the brain, lsd is safer then drinking, less habit forming. it doesn't create higher consciousness it just shows you what part of yr brain is capable of accessing in your surroundings and ultimate self. i know substance in any form (chocolate, birth control pills, caffeine, oxygen, mercury[fish], tatto ink, spicy food, cough syrup, sugar, salt, oregano, cheese, tap water) all effect yr existance.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 11:40 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Is it just me... or should Timothy Leary have been shot for dosing a fucking MONK with LSD without prior consent. JESUS CHRIST.

I am a fan of Tim Leary for the most part... his ideas on dropping out of society and forming your own religion and what not are all very interesting and valid ideas.... but jesus, spiking an innocent monk's drink with acid? Fuck that.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 1:01 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

It's the only way for him to get what he needed to get.

But I still don't buy the story.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 1:05 am
killedbysharks

ive never taken lsd, shrooms, or anything like that, but every night when i go to sleep i have dreams similar to what a person experiences on lsd and such. I think that my brain just produces an insane amount of dopamine when im asleep. for me i get the hallucinations without the negative side effects. You cant learn anything about yourself when you are on drugs, you can only learn about what the drugs do to you. I have known lots of people who met god while on lsd and still really believe it was god. that is sad.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 3:19 am
wordsauce

you cant learn anything about yourself... you can only learn about what the drugs do to you?

NO. you can learn about yourself no matter whether you have been on a fast or whether you have been eating processed fast food every day for your life. you can learn about yourself no matter whether the temperature is hot or cold. you can learn about yourself no matter the circumstances around you.

do not look at your body as an isolated machine that is separate from the world. you are always learning about yourself even when you think you are learning about something else.

if everybody comes to their conclusions from the world around them based on their interactions with the world, then what makes your conclusions, experiences any more valid than any body elses? your experiences are ultimately chemical reactions within your brain. oh, that's what tripping is? oh, that's another experience from the same real world you learn about yourself in...
Post Sun May 11, 2003 11:35 am
sleeklegend

djdee2005 wrote:
I don't buy this "alternate consciousness" and "new level of thought" crap. Its your brain on a fucking chemical. If you inhale gasoline, you're not going to figure out the truth to life's secrets. I'm all for legalization, simply because I don't think chemicals are the gvoernment's responsibilty, but lets get real here - psychadelic drugs are not a gateway to "higher conciousness" any more than any other chemical is.

From someone who just had his first LSD trip last night, you sound absolutely idiotic.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 11:58 am
Dee

For those of us with our feet on the ground, bullshit.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 11:59 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next