Search
Register
hey ladies! get funky.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

crafty

hey ladies! get funky.  Reply with quote  

i just got finished watching the show on mtv about the double standard between men and women. i am so happy that it was aired and the outcome.i don't really like talking about double standard shit because i don't think that way and it's a waste of my time to talk to people who do. but, nevertheless, it basically said everything that i've always thought. i do own my sexuality and carry condoms. i don't believe that the amount of people you've slept with (if many) makes you a slut. i'm a woman well out of high school and those thoughts just really seem juvenile to me. i've also been lucky to grow up in a home that offered me freedom in thought. i was a virgin til i was 18. i don't know if that had anything to do with it. it's so funny because now, even my boyfriend can't keep up with me.

anyways, enough of my life story. what do you think?
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:21 pm
Abduct0ne1

i think sex should be something kinda special, sometimes i know it can happen and it might not be to meaningful. I do think the amount of people you slept with makes you slutty. i mean i know shit happens and some people do shit without thinking, but still when youra girl and you did alot of shit with alot of people of course people are going to think of you like that. Does anyone get kinda freaked out about the girl/boyfriends past?
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:22 pm
hatinphonies

the fact that u sleep around with anybody and everybody makes you a skank, whether ure a guy or a girl.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:43 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

I think sex feels good so theres no problem with having it alot..... i also think theres a definate double standard in that a guy who fucks alot is considered a 'playa' and gets admired, but a girl who fucks alot is called a slut.

But yeah... i think sex is extra special when you're with someone you love or care about alot, but even if its a 1 night stand, it feels good so do it.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:58 pm
Petrouchka Rasputin

I think looking down on someone for not considering sex something shameful or special is like looking down on someone for liking ice cream a lot.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:10 pm
Dionysus

hatinphonies wrote:
the fact that u sleep around with anybody and everybody makes you a skank, whether ure a guy or a girl.

it's a pretty big jump to take the conversation from feeling comfortable with your sexuality, and not getting hung up on our socially prescribed mating rituals (and what moving outside of that circle might "say" about us) to "sleeping around with anybody and everybody". I'm not going to go molest some street kid on Broadway, but if I met somebody at a show or a party, and felt a connection, and took part in "recreational activities" with this person after only knowing them a short while, I am not going to accept that I am therefore to be labeled as a "slut" in the eyes of my community. The pieces just don't fit together.

To have consensual, safe sex, to use my body to make myself and somebody else feel good - what the fuck is the big deal? Is your dog a slut because he is willing to mate with anything on four legs, and some on two? No - it's just what he does - he's got instinct and hormones and does what feels good. Oh, but I'm a person, and my society has intellectualized all the spontaneity and fun out of the activity - and has given guidelines in which I am supposed to operate to retain my social status and respectability. I call bullshit.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:42 pm
notguilty

Dionysus wrote:
hatinphonies wrote:

Is your dog a slut because he is willing to mate with anything on four legs, and some on two? No - it's just what he does - he's got instinct and hormones and does what feels good. Oh, but I'm a person, and my society has intellectualized all the spontaneity and fun out of the activity - and has given guidelines in which I am supposed to operate to retain my social status and respectability. I call bullshit.

i don't know about u...but i'm glad i'm a human being and not an animal...if i were an animal there'd be nothing wrong with mating all the time...take it from me...i have one kid and another on the way from an individual that i never really loved...sex w/o love is just fucking...and itz (for me anyway the end result) a 15 second spasm of good feelings and dopeamines that i can just as easily release with a good imagination and my hand...no more fucking or sex for me...not till i find the person i'm going to be with for the rest of my life...then again, i've made my mistakes and have had my fun
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Jesse

she's crafty and she's just my type  Reply with quote  

Rasputin drops the concise deathblow once again. Word up.

I'm personally VERY disturbed by the perpetuation of sexual fuckwittery in our culture (others too, but I only live in this one so...). I've only recently come to observe how childish a lot of otherwise thoughtful, sensitive and intelligent guys are when it comes to views upon women.

Let alone how women pick apart other women. Everyone's so stuffed solid with resentment, frustration, contempt, guilt and shame that they're tearing one another down all the time.

THe closest thing you'll get to tearing down the old standards is people saying "guys can be sluts too". That's not terribly progressive, thanks very much.

I don't believe in sluts. I don't like that word. It's thoroughly demeaning - it literally denotes worthlessness. Let's not pretend we ALL don't enjoy sex... so is our choice to avoid actually having it really the ultimate determinant of our personal worth?

Fuck that.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:26 am
MessiahCarey

...  Reply with quote  

Hating "sluts" is kind of like verbal gay-bashing.

You're pushing YOU'RE morality regarding sex onto SOMEONE ELSE.

If gender doesn't matter, why should frequency?

That doesn't mean it's WISE to have sex with everyone, but that's not the point.

- Shane
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:15 am
Nope

Re: she's crafty and she's just my type  Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:

I don't believe in sluts. I don't like that word. It's thoroughly demeaning - it literally denotes worthlessness. Let's not pretend we ALL don't enjoy sex... so is our choice to avoid actually having it really the ultimate determinant of our personal worth?

just because you don't like the word doesn't mean it doesn't apply

to me, a slut is somebody that is a slave to reproductive organs

if your whole life revolves around getting pussy, and all you want to do is fuck fuck fuck for the simple gratificiation of it...well sorry dude, but you're a slut (sober or not sober). Your dick has taken over your brain and you'll do anything just to get your penis in something...I think slut fits nicely here

and the amount of guys that are like this is mind boggling...which makes it hilarious when they call a girl a slut...

if you're a slave to pussy...hell dude, you're a slut yourself

It has a negative connotation, and deservedly so.

Ps. (I only used heterosexual males as an example here, I didn't feel like going into all the possibilities)
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:26 am
MessiahCarey

So if someone enjoys sex and pursues it, in accordance with the enjoyment they have of it - they deserve to be looked upon negatively? Bullshit. It may not be for me, but who the fuck are YOU to dictate the morality of someone else's interests?

Now, if it's taken into the context that the person will fuck someone else over in order to acquire sex (which often happens) then they are an asshole...not because of the sex they want, but because of the bullshit they do to obtain it.

I think it is a shame that you think a person can be looked down upon because of the personal decisions they make regarding sex...like you're the sexual morality police or something. Heh.

This whole post has no specificity regarding gender.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:34 am
Nope

MessiahCarey wrote:
So if someone enjoys sex and pursues it, in accordance with the enjoyment they have of it - they deserve to be looked upon negatively? Bullshit.

no

I didn't leave it like that

that's why I used the word SLAVE

and said that if you think with your dick ALL THE TIME

you can pursue sex, OF COURSE

but when that's ALL YOU THINK ABOUT, and ALL YOU TRY TO DO

then I think the term fits
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:49 am
emynd

RandomSurge wrote:

no

I didn't leave it like that

that's why I used the word SLAVE

and said that if you think with your dick ALL THE TIME

you can pursue sex, OF COURSE

but when that's ALL YOU THINK ABOUT, and ALL YOU TRY TO DO

then I think the term fits

You're still on some judgmental shit, though. How do you really know if someone is a "SLAVE" to it? If that's all they think about and/or all they try to do?

I don't think anybody is really a SLAVE to it (save for nymphomaniacs, etc), but they value sex to a detrimental degree.

I agree with Messiah on this one. This makes them an asshole more then it makes them anything else.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:01 am
Nope

and by ALL I obviously don't mean ALL

just the vast majority of the time...think about the term "slave"...

I had friends that were like this. pussy it's all they talked about, and everything they did was to further their chances of getting some. that's bordering on disease if you ask me
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:01 am
Reggie

I don't look down on sluts, but I do look down on slutty Canadians.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:03 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next