Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Strange Famous Forum
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

Author Message
Sara



Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 89
Location: Portland, Oregon
 Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
My credibility gets shot by posting messages on a forum.


Your credibility gets shot when you post bully fodder and fan the flames. In my opinion your interviews and intelligent posts definately add to the credibility of your art, as they echo what I percieve you are trying to express.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 1:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
agent00f



Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Posts: 187
Location: worldwideweb of lies
 Reply with quote  

from sole "FUCK THE INTERNET!"
Post Sun May 04, 2003 10:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11616
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

i think sage sums it all up in the 'subtext' on the main board to the forum


Quote:

whos crying?

:)
Post Mon May 05, 2003 1:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
agent00f



Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Posts: 187
Location: worldwideweb of lies
 Reply with quote  

after rereading this long ass threadits funny to me that people are upset at sage for posting shit about people bothering him...i mean come on what if you did something you loved and were good at and random people off the streets came up to and wanted to "get to know you" after a while you would be pissed and you would somehow want to get across that you would like some privacy...so what would you do...in this case the people that IM sage and ask him to talk are foolish to think that they have that right because if they "ran into him" on the streets or whatever would they expect that sage should talk to him....the answer should be no....and if you were in sages position you would somehow want to let people know why you dont like people coming up to you..remember these are fucking strangers...so to be pissed at sage for posting these intrusions...is stupid for one...and nobody should have to go through any shit like that...i have pissed sage off on this board maybe more than once and i emailed him and squashed beef and i found that sage is the nicest person on the block and for someone who doesnt have to be shit to anyone..i believe he feels that since he has a "fanbase" he does whatever in his power to be real...and thats all it comes down to being real...so if someone wants to hide behind a computer and try to "get to know someone" then that shit is wack period get off the mans back its just as bad as being on his nutts...for real i dont like everything sage does with his music but i support cause i know he is real
thats my motherfucking word god damn it
peace
david
TERRORisHIM
Post Tue May 06, 2003 4:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara



Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 89
Location: Portland, Oregon
 Reply with quote  

The obvious difference here is we aren't running up to him on the street wanting to get to know him, he is offering up information about himself presenting an aura of approachability. I've no doubt he wants his privacy and as I've said before, he could just change his aim name.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 7:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
agent00f



Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Posts: 187
Location: worldwideweb of lies
 Reply with quote  

Sara wrote:
I've said before, he could just change his aim name.


why?
respect peoples private respect.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 7:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scribble



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 197
Location: eau claire wisconsin
 Reply with quote  

is any one going to the national poetry slam in august in chicago?
Post Wed May 07, 2003 8:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sara



Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 89
Location: Portland, Oregon
 Reply with quote  

agent00f wrote:
Sara wrote:
I've said before, he could just change his aim name.


why?
respect peoples private respect.


We aren't talking about me, we are speaking generally and generally speaking, people who don't read this site religiously wouldn't know that Sage dislikes IM's. They would see his AIM logs, get his AIM name and message him, which they do.

You cannot expect to have a forum that you post in on a regular basis with your AIM name and email address all over it and expect people will inherently know not to contact you, can you? We have a site/forum with a readership of about 2,000 people a day and we get all kinds of shit from people that read it, but we started it to communicate with people, I enjoy being communicated with.

If I missed the FAQ that explicitly states DO NOT MESSAGE SAGE FRANCIS HE MIGHT JUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF YOU give me a heads up, but I've been reading this board for about 3 months and I've only seen about four diatribes about how much he dislikes people messaging him. He can change his name or be messaged and complain about it -- those are the options.

On another note, why are people so compelled to speak for him? I offered a viable suggestion, if for whatever reason you don't like it keep in mind it was an OPINION and this forum is nothing but, sorry if you disagree such is life.
Post Wed May 07, 2003 7:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scribble



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 197
Location: eau claire wisconsin
 Reply with quote  

why should he accomadate somebody he doesn't know. if they want to fuck with him then they should be humiliated he warned everyone. i dont listen to his music religiosly and it doesnt impact me, not because i dont know were hes coming from, but because its just music that entertains. if he wanted to send a message he'd go mainstream. im not speaking on his behaif because i dont know what he thinks but im getting the vibe that he doesnt like people he doesnt know or like to talk to him well he's trieing to continue with his live.




opinions
Post Thu May 08, 2003 8:55 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
scribble



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 197
Location: eau claire wisconsin
Re: Strange Famous Forum  Reply with quote  

The_Human wrote:
What is the point of posting peoples Emails and IMs up for everybody to critize and make fun of?? Seems kind of childish to me. Its like the highschool syndrome and I just dont understand it. Those people obviously idolize you or they wouldnt take the time to Email you and be on your message board. I realize that some of them may be a little stupid but I just dont get it.... Actually I find it pretty sick. Most of them are obviously young teenagers who just had their egos crushed. Is there some enjoyment in all this?? Sage is the example and everybody huddles around and pokes fun, in my opinion, that shit needs to stop. Hating on your fans who support you?? Seems kind of backwards to me. Im sure I dont understand the "harassment" that you recieve every day but that stuff isnt very cool. Some insight please??




im sorry i forgot to read this at first. but before i make an argument to this paragraph i want to hear the humans views on the poperatzi. im not baggin on it but i do want to hear something other than sage, like maddona.
Post Thu May 08, 2003 9:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
agent 0 0 f
Guest




i cant believe im discussing this "issue"  Reply with quote  

Sara wrote:
We aren't talking about me, we are speaking generally and generally speaking, people who don't read this site religiously wouldn't know that Sage dislikes IM's. They would see his AIM logs, get his AIM name and message him, which they do.

yes i was talking about people "like" you i mean you think that youre justified in saying that "sage should just change his AIM"
Sara wrote:

You cannot expect to have a forum that you post in on a regular basis with your AIM name and email address all over it and expect people will inherently know not to contact you, can you? We have a site/forum with a readership of about 2,000 people a day and we get all kinds of shit from people that read it, but we started it to communicate with people, I enjoy being communicated with.

hey sue him for what you think as him not having internet manners..people who do AIM him will either learn two things...they will find that he doesnt want to be bothered or maybe just maybe someone will hold his attention long enough to hold a convo. thats all AIMpeople can hope for..really im not a spokeperson for sage but put yourself in his shoes..which if you were him you would simply change your AIM..me if i was him i wouldnt.
Sara wrote:

If I missed the FAQ that explicitly states DO NOT MESSAGE SAGE FRANCIS HE MIGHT JUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF YOU give me a heads up, but I've been reading this board for about 3 months and I've only seen about four diatribes about how much he dislikes people messaging him. He can change his name or be messaged and complain about it -- those are the options.
"those are the options"
for you cause itsobvious you would like to talk to the man..i dont blame you..writea letter to him..just because its easy to get ahold of mr.francis doesnt mean that you or anyone should.im sure sage gets more stupid AIM messages from people and for the few he did post...i mean come on these people are pathetic...so im sure he hasnt even posted half of the people that AIM him
Sara wrote:

On another note, why are people so compelled to speak for him? I offered a viable suggestion, if for whatever reason you don't like it keep in mind it was an OPINION and this forum is nothing but, sorry if you disagree such is life.

like i said im not his spokesman..it boggles my mind that you or anyonelse for that matter are pissed about something like this.
some points that i may have missed
1-we both need to find a better waste of time..a hobby perhaps.
2-no one should change who they are..even little things like AIMuser names
3-jesus h christ drop it already
peace
Post Thu May 08, 2003 3:51 pm
 
Sara



Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 89
Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: i cant believe im discussing this "issue"  Reply with quote  

agent 0 0 f wrote:

yes i was talking about people "like" you i mean you think that youre justified in saying that "sage should just change his AIM"

I don't believe those two types of people are one in the same.
agent 0 0 f wrote:

hey sue him for what you think as him not having internet manners..people who do AIM him will either learn two things...they will find that he doesnt want to be bothered or maybe just maybe someone will hold his attention long enough to hold a convo. thats all AIMpeople can hope for..really im not a spokeperson for sage but put yourself in his shoes..which if you were him you would simply change your AIM..me if i was him i wouldnt.

OK. However my point was, if you don't want to deal with people messaging you, make it so they can't. If you enjoy random conversations with people then what's the problem? I was under the impression this is something he didn't want to deal with, changing your AIM name is good way to solve that problem.

I can put myself in his shoes as I get a whole lot of random correspondence and as I said above, I enjoy it.
agent 0 0 f wrote:

"those are the options"
for you cause its obvious you would like to talk to the man..i dont blame you..writea letter to him..just because its easy to get ahold of mr.francis doesnt mean that you or anyone should.im sure sage gets more stupid AIM messages from people and for the few he did post...i mean come on these people are pathetic...so im sure he hasnt even posted half of the people that AIM him.

Would I? If you think I'm a scorned fan think again, disappointed maybe but I could care less if he wants to talk to me, he's just a guy. I'm sure he does get a lot of stupid shit. And yes, some of them are pathetic, no more than a lot of the people that post in this forum or shop at the grocery store that doesn't mean they deserve to be chastised in public -- or fuck maybe they do.
agent 0 0 f wrote:

like i said im not his spokesman..it boggles my mind that you or anyonelse for that matter are pissed about something like this.
some points that i may have missed
1-we both need to find a better waste of time..a hobby perhaps.
2-no one should change who they are..even little things like AIMuser names
3-jesus h christ drop it already
peace

You sure as hell look like a spokesman, it boggles my mind that you automatically discredit what I have to say because you don't agree with me.

Some points you may have missed
1- Speak for yourself, maybe you need a hobby seeing as you don't know me AT ALL you can't say what I need. I spend a very limited amount of time of the internet, I'm involved in this thread and therefore chose to spend it here.
2- I disagree I think we should work to improve who we are all the time, to say we shouldn't change excuses all that is wrong with the world as I know it. Furthermore, your AIM name does not define who you are.
3- Stop making it personal and I'll stop feeling the need to defend myself.
4- Sage Francis is a regular man, that's not to say I don't enjoy his art -- If I didn't respect what he does I wouldn't be here, but I'll be damned if I'm going to kiss someone's ass because they're famous, albeit strange.
Post Thu May 08, 2003 7:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scribble



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 197
Location: eau claire wisconsin
 Reply with quote  

theirs a line between kiss someones ass and buggin the hell out of them.





sara-but I'll be damned if I'm going to kiss someone's ass because they're famous, albeit strange.
Post Fri May 09, 2003 6:45 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
agent 0 0 f
Guest




Re: i believe im discussing this "issue"  Reply with quote  

sara wrote:

Some points you may have missed(**these are good..yes i missed these points alright**)

1- Speak for yourself, maybe you need a hobby seeing as you don't know me AT ALL you can't say what I need.(**yes i need a "hobby" i was being sarcastic..i mean i thought we were discussing an "interesting" topic you are pleading out for justice ie sage should stop making "examples" out of people and change his friggin'AIM username and im pleading for mercy ie forgive sage if he "makes examples out of people in a less than perfect manner" im not attacking you personally sara and i hope you arent mad at a faceless name on this here board**) I spend a very limited amount of time of the internet, I'm involved in this thread and therefore chose to spend it here.(**go on with yo bad self..i anit a hater**)

2- I disagree I think we should work to improve who we are all the time, to say we shouldn't change excuses all that is wrong with the world as I know it. Furthermore, your AIM name does not define who you are.(**is this statement drug induced? i know that a AIM doesnt define anything anyone is..im saying that I..me personally..dont think that sage should change his AIM that is all that i am really saying**)

3- Stop making it personal and I'll stop feeling the need to defend myself.(**im sorry that you feel personally attacked..i just quoted the last person that said that sage should change his AIM...and it ended up being you..and i must say you are a "firecracker"..i agree with some of your points..so dont think that im trying to discredit everything you say or anything for that matter**)

4- Sage Francis is a regular man, that's not to say I don't enjoy his art -- If I didn't respect what he does I wouldn't be here, but I'll be damned if I'm going to kiss someone's ass because they're famous, albeit strange.(**true and i dont feel like im sucking his Ecock "defending" him as you say..just give the man a break...so in closing i would just like to tell mr.francis that i.."agent 0 0 f" says i think yo should change your god damn AIM name already!!!!!!**)




here is a hug from me to you saraXOXOXOX
Post Fri May 09, 2003 6:57 pm
 
Sara



Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 89
Location: Portland, Oregon
 Reply with quote  

Sorry if I came off like a complete and utter bitch --- I suppose I do perceive there to be quite a bit of Sage Ecock sucking going on around here and I feel compelled to snap some reality into people occasionally.

In closing, I could honestly care less what his does with his AIM name.

Thanks for the debate -- it held my interest for sure :).

Scribble though I'd love to rip apart your bizarre posts, I am quite certain it's a futile endeavor. So I'll only say this if you want people to take what you're saying seriously --- think, type then re-read before you hit submit.
Post Fri May 09, 2003 7:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon