Search
Register
Strange Famous Forum
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

PaigeMaster6

i agree with everything reggie has said about this...and sage for that matter.

you are too fucking sensitive if you are going to take offense to sage talking shit to RANDOM people bothering him...all the time.

get over it.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:38 pm
The_Human

Ok, dont get me wrong here, I havent sent an Email to Sage and been humiliated or anything, but Im just thinking of all those kids who dig Sage, try to talk to him, and he shits on them. And to top it off, the wolves gather around and throw salt in the wounds. Im just basically saying grow up, because making fun of people is pretty stupid once you get to certain age, but I guess everybodys threshold is a little different.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:56 pm
Reggie

The_Human wrote:
Ok, dont get me wrong here, I havent sent an Email to Sage and been humiliated or anything, but Im just thinking of all those kids who dig Sage, try to talk to him, and he shits on them. And to top it off, the wolves gather around and throw salt in the wounds. Im just basically saying grow up, because making fun of people is pretty stupid once you get to certain age, but I guess everybodys threshold is a little different.

But it's not immature to solicit strangers, right? No, because Sage has forced himself on everyone that thinks they have an affinity with him due to his lyrics. Also, "fans" have been so understanding about his right to privacy. Here's a tip: write love letters to Superman, and appreciate Sage Francis' music on your own. You'll live longer.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:00 pm
Nope

the point is

sage is open to being bothered

he has his email address out in public...

anybody knows that if you get lots of email from people, you have your REAL email address and then you have your GARBAGE email address

and he could easily switch screenames, save and load his buddy list and everything's fixed

but noooooo....let's keep getting bothered just so I can get upset, then post it on the messageboard so my little drones can laught at these morons with me

if he won't do any of this to prevent "the morons" from contacting him simply because of the principle of "I'm not going to change the way I do things because of some idiots"....well that's just simply childish...the bigger he gets, the more idiots he's going to have to deal with. Your lifestyle obviously changes the more famous you get...if all these entertainment shows that I watched when I was younger have taught me anything, it's that....

It all sounds like a masochistic situation turning into a slightly sadistic one...

but it's not even my problem...I'm not the one contacting sage, nor am I the one having to deal with shit like that

"so WHAT--EVER!!!"
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:03 pm
The_Human

CASE CLOSED, this is RIDICULOUS so lets end it. Thanks for the opinions.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:07 pm
Reggie

I don't get how Sage is reaping what he sows. So his e-mail address is public...he is his own promoter, publicist, and agent. If you want to book Sage, then you must contact him. That's just the way he does business. So why, then, should he have to contend with "hi, how ya doin'?" e-mails/IMs or, even worse, "will you please let me know what you think about everything in the world in ten words or less? Your music really touches me." It doesn't follow, especially since he makes himself available through this message board anyway!!!

I mean, Def Jux's address is public. anticon's address is public. Do you ever write their offices a letter like, "I really dig Jel. Do you think Grandmaster Flash is better than Grandwizard Theodore?" No, because it would be a waste of time. Just like when you address Sage in this fashion.

I'm not from the Sage Police, I don't contend with IMs like he does, but even the little junk e-mail I get annoys me. If every other e-mail was like, "Reggie, you're the bomb diggy" I'd probably sign off of the internet for good.

PS: I understand that younger fans might feel a connection with Sage or other artists because their music seems personally meaningful. Enjoy that. Don't pursue the artist. As an older person I tell you it usually results in disillusionment.

PPS: The funniest shit ever on the Strange Famous forum was when some kid ended his missive with, "Fine I like Slug better anyway."
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:12 pm
The_Human

Reggie wrote:

PPS: The funniest shit ever on the Strange Famous forum was when some kid ended his missive with, "Fine I like Slug better anyway."

Now thats laughable.........
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:15 pm
Nope

I have laughed my ass off at some of that shit

some of these people are plain ridiculous

but at the same time it never seemed right...from both sides of the coin.

the IM thing could easily be remedied...and IM convos seem to feed the forum the most
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:19 pm
The_Human

RandomSurge wrote:
I have laughed my ass off at some of that shit

some of these people are plain ridiculous

but at the same time it never seemed right...from both sides of the coin.

the IM thing could easily be remedied...and IM convos seem to feed the forum the most

Im guilty too, shit now you got me thinking about this again. Last point, Sage makes himself seem approachable[electronically, or what the fuck ever you know what I mean] and messages are sent on a personal level to Sage, but he exploits his fans trust.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:23 pm
Nope

that is not what bothers me so much...some of those people deserved to be ridiculed if you ask me

just the fact that the situation could easily be avoided (IM convos), yet it still happens...for who knows what reason

we all know he's not very computer literate...but he could easily ask anybody on here how to save your buddy list and load it on another screen name

I recommend "PudgySage"
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:32 pm
mack-mode

sage is more open to his fans to talk to than most artist. you can go buy merch from him at his shows, and he will shake your hand.

you can also contact him on this board quite easily.

I think what he does with those ims is quite entertaining. sage is probably just entertaining himself (in his sick little ways) people shouldn't take it seriously.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:09 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i dont see h ow someone could take him seriously 90% of the shit he put up there is a joke anyways<its gotta be>

i would guess its just that sage's music is on such a real level alot of people can relate to him

im sure he gets im's 24\7 when hes online and im sure it DOES get old
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:17 pm
Merganser

Reggie wrote:

If every other e-mail was like, "Reggie, you're the bomb diggy" I'd probably sign off of the internet for good.

"

Exactly, and why should he have to change his name just because you people cant respect what he asks. Even if he did change his name somebody somewhere would somehow find out what it is and this whole thing would start all over again.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:56 pm
pav

i can't believe you wasted board space complaining about this.. what a stupid post...
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:02 pm
DM

....  Reply with quote  

pav wrote:
i can't believe you wasted board space complaining about this.. what a stupid post...

Yup...exactly. No one is forcing you to come to this site and go to that forum. Personally, I think the Strange Famous fourm if funny.

Shut up.

abacus
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:09 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next