Shane

Last edited by MessiahCarey on Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:56 pm
sleeklegend

word, dawg
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:59 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

im obiously not the man when it comes to 'straight edge ideals'......but maybe its trying to promote what they think is 'wrong'....i dunno....lol@messiah
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:02 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i worded that wrong...promote what they think is right......is what i ment
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:05 pm
argot

Bad run in with people?
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:06 pm
Satyre

I like magic mushrooms.
I like LSD.
I like X.

Bye bye.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:07 pm
Reggie

This assessment will obviously not be true for ALL straight-edge people, but many people that adopt the purist straight-edge ideals are teenagers that seek acceptance with a group that refutes the prvious generation. At the same time, teenagers cope with the frustration of not having ready access to drugs and alcohol while older counterparts might. So many teenagers will dismiss that which is not already available to them and adopt a hard-line rhetoric which fits their already existing lifestyle and is at the same time marginally threatening.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:24 pm
sliquid

Most of all the straight edgers in my town are straight edge until they are 21. Then they all seem to turn into bigger drunks than anyone else.

They also tend to be the "jocks" of the scene.

assholes....
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:27 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

I guess I could be called straight edge.. I've never been drunk or high
My friends respected that and that was that. I dont judge them for drinking or doing whatever they do and they dont judge me
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:35 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Straight Edgers  Reply with quote  

In my town, Fitchburg MA, there was a whole 'crew' of hardcore sxe kids. They would do things like go to hardcore shows and hang out in front of Denny's. They would put thick black x's on their hands to indicate that they indeed were straightedge. They would start the craziest mosh pits, and boy, if you messed with them....you'd get it. They HATED drugs and alcohol.....so much.

5 years later many of them decided heroin was a better path to fraternal bonding.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:05 pm
hugh grants hooker

haha.

i told you.

its pathetic.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:19 pm

SKeptiK

hmm  Reply with quote  

{from an older post}

Seriously, pepole who make a choice to be substance free-cool, go for it....thats your thing, people should do what works for them.

But when the people, or groups, or organizations, or whatever the fuck, that practice abstinance from alchohol and other drugs get really preachy about it....or even just talk about it constantly...it seems to cloud things.

If someone doesnt drink-big fuckin deal-thats their choice, but I've seen it a million times.......
Some kid seeks out an answer to his insecurity, tries drinking but gets clowned because he yaks and makes an ass out of himself or something, or is just too scared to drink or experiment with drugs, and decides to go the sxe route without any solid convictions.....at the end of the day, hes got a newfound vow to sobriety that will haunt him in various social settings.

All in all, i think many of the people who talk about and exploit their commitment the most-are the least comfortable with it, and have the highest likeliness to go against their established doctrine.

I think the people who truly have good reason, and conviction to being substance free already know that the choice they made was for themselves.....not for the people drinking at the party...and not the people listening to their music. When all is said and done.....who are some people trying to convince?

I hope the "straight-edge movement in your backyard" is over....

If you dont drink, say you dont drink-if you dont do drugs or fuck or whatever, say you dont partake in said activity....do not call yourself straightedge if you dont understand what it means. Learn about what it has done for people, what it hasnt done for people, and what its really about. Learn about Ian MacKaye, and what he spoke for.

I have friends that dont drink....and one thing I noticed about them that seperates them from people who are extra preachy about their convictions....my friends that dont drink(do drugs), have no problems functioning in a social enviroment where poeple are drinking and doing drugs.

Yet at partys I see substance free people who mereley function as complete troglodytes, having complete difficulty even engaging in a conversation. Like I said, people should do what works for them.

I need a beer,
SKeptiK
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
hugh grants hooker

when people act like straight-edgers are the preachy ones... ugh.

man, at least once a week or so someone will come on here with rhetoric about legalizing weed, lowering drinking age, or how marijuana is suddenly good for you and would cause an economic boom. pffft

in any given 2 week period, i read more pro-drug ranting on here than i have seen pro-straight-edge in the last year.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:26 pm

DM

Re: Straight-edgers are bad people.  Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
I can't beleive these fucking people.

Peace,
Shane

I'm NOT straight edge...but you ARE an idiot. Get lost.

abacus
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:27 pm
YapDaps

Re: hmm  Reply with quote  

SKeptiK wrote:
I need a beer,

truer words were never spoken.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:27 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next