Search
Register
how many people have met sage francis?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

thisunu

lord grunge is a pretty great guy, i'm from pittsburgh and so is he, and on the back of the sparkle classic album there's a picture that looks exactly like me, i was kind of shocked so i bought it... and that's why he's a great guy
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:00 pm
Clark Nova

kangaruhbarbecueball  Reply with quote  

gainesville w/ gruvis - complimentary blah blah

orlando - didn't want to talk to sage cause i was faded on delerium. was told we had a conversation that ended with him putting his hand on my shoulder and saying, "you got the right idea, you just need to grow up."
thank you. i needed to hear that. still would like to know what was exchanged...
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:08 pm
darnell

wow sage, you're an extremely popular guy you must be putting out. slut!
ha ha
danielle
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:09 pm
raylah

I met him at Princeton NJ and in Philly.....he was real cool. I had read a lot of shit about how he treats his fans like shit but in my experience it justain't true. At Princeton he took a break from setting up and jumped in a cypher with all the fans and started freestyling.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:11 pm
name

Sage Francis wrote:
all I want is hugs and kisses. really. those are the things that feel real. words don't most of the time.

wait wait wait.
you mean to say that you wouldnt insinctively give me a judo-chop if i came at you after a show to hug you without saying anything. i find that hard to believe, but okay.
next time keep your eye out for me, i'll be there right after your set... coming at you from stage left, running in slow motion with arms outstreched. he he.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

my man...after a show I can be found hugging random people whether they like me or not.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:25 pm
angrymushroom

.  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
my man...after a show I can be found hugging random people whether they like me or not.

that's the good stuff...there's nothing like a random hug here and there
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:28 pm
corpse

I spoke with sage briefly during the last Charlotte show. I had to drive straight from work in greensboring just to get there in time, so I was quite the herb in my business casual.

So I went up to the merchandise table (First of many trips that night) and picked up the makeshift patriot ep. I paid sage and as he was giving me my change back, he held out his hand, like to give a high five. Star struck by the situation, and sort of half assed recpriocated. As he thanked me I walked away quickly to go puke in the corner from fear. A completely unworthy encounter by me.

I should have just given you a hug.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:29 pm
DM

.......  Reply with quote  

...Sage, I'm the Asian guy who shakes your hand and don't say much every time you're in San Fransisco. Remember me? I didn't think so. I also met Sage in San Jose at a long gone club called The Cactus Club in around 1999 or 2000. It was nice to put a face to the music.

abacus
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:37 pm
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

I met Sage and Chuck D the same night!...remember that PE show Sage?...Flavor Flav eating that hawaiian style cheeseburger on stage was the best,not to mention Griff's roundhouse
peace
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:02 pm
Leyburn

I made a pretty shitty joke to Sage in the mens toilets of Glasgows West 13th while drying my hands. I then tried to tell him 'Cafe Girl' was the best song ever, but he couldn't understand my accent.

I also spoke to Lord Grunge at the guest house he was staying at in Glasgow the day after a Grand Buffet/Sole gig, I was there for an interview with Sole.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:02 pm
ghettomonk

I met sage at the minneapolis show in march.

I shook his hand.

Our eyes met.

I think he winked.

When he signed a flyer he drew a heart with an arrow through it.

(!)

I stepped back from the merch table and swooned.

one of the best nights in a while.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:03 pm
ONE.

Sage Francis wrote:

next show look for me comin for my hug... ;)

peaces.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:08 pm
weaselmoustache

sages breath smells like cat food  Reply with quote  

i met sage at the seattle show on his recent tour, my girlfriend saw him at his merchandise stand. i didnt believe that it was him for a little while. i was such a pussy that she ended up going and getting a blue vinyl signed. the only thing i could think to ask him over the roar of the music was, ...uhhh...so..why do you cross out yer eyes on yer pictures? Sage shrugged his shoulders and took off his glasses, he looked at me with his eyes all crossed an really freaked me out.... that was fun.

luckily i got a chance to meet him after the show and introduced him to my friends. i told him id draw him some shit but i dont know where to start .(im still sketchin up sum shit )he then limped off over to his stand ( howd that ankle go anyway, sage?) to go finish sellin sage-a-phenailia. quite a firm handshake, ill say
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:22 pm
excellrec

the first time i met him he seemed a little more interested in my girlfriend than me, then again she was buying his cd's.....because i was broke , then during the show he kept staring at me while he was on stage and tried to get me to sing the whoremonger song. Which wasn't good because i had been off my medicine for anxiouis deppresion for awhile and i was packed like a sardine with sweaty potsmokers while i was being fingered out from the stage, sage. sage is a fuckin ass.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:34 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next