Search
Register
Police State
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Bleys

No, it is a good example. I didn't mean out into public (and no one said the guy can't wear his peace shirt in public), I just meant out into the mall.

If I want to start a mall where I allow people to wear lingerie around, I can (though in truth I might have to bar entrance to young patrons)... by the same token, if I want my mall to lingerie weaing free, I can do that too.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:18 pm
MessiahCarey

RandomSurge wrote:
the law needs to be changed

you need to give a specific reason as to why someobody is trespassing

you can't just kick somebody out for no reason, and because they refuse you call them out for trespassing

There was a reason. Not a good one, in my opinion, but a reason nonetheless.

I think it's shitty, but making a law about it is what defines the difference between ACCEPTANCE and TOLERANCE.

Peace,
Shane
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:19 pm
Nope

all I'm saying is...there has to be a legit reason for kicking somebody out

kicking them out because they refused to take off a harmless t-shirt doesn't seem like a legit reason to me

gluegun: chill the fuck out. just cause you're depressed doesn't mean you can go off cursing people off and shit. Chilllll....
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:19 pm
MessiahCarey

RandomSurge wrote:

For this example to make sense, you would have had to kick someobody out for CARRYING the dildo

I am willing to bet, if I was in a mall that had an adult store and I bought a dildo, that they wouldn't let me carry it around out of the bag.

Look...I really don't agree with what these people did, but relying on laws is not going to help. The real way to fix this is to deny them their source of income by being a pest protesting in front of the mall - thus driving business elsewhere.

- Shane
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:21 pm
ihaveagluegun

one: im not depressed, im angry, this is a serious issue, and stupid people who dont understand the constitution need to read up

two: what you are saying is wrong, they are NOT obligated to give a reason
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nope

I mean...if we uphold laws without good reason...what does that say?

I understand the law. All laws have loopholes...

they find loopholes for soft money...does that make the way they finance their campaigns right??

sure, according to the law, it's all nice and dandy...that don't mean even the law makers agree with it
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:23 pm
Nope

MessiahCarey wrote:

Look...I really don't agree with what these people did, but relying on laws is not going to help. The real way to fix this is to deny them their source of income by being a pest protesting in front of the mall - thus driving business elsewhere.

I agree...just because somebody can get away with something doesn't mean what they did was right
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:25 pm
ihaveagluegun

eh, you are hopeless, maybe one day you will realize whats up, talk to me then

Last edited by ihaveagluegun on Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MessiahCarey

RandomSurge wrote:
all I'm saying is...there has to be a legit reason for kicking somebody out

kicking them out because they refused to take off a harmless t-shirt doesn't seem like a legit reason to me

gluegun: chill the fuck out. just cause you're depressed doesn't mean you can go off cursing people off and shit. Chilllll....

I agree it's not legit, entirely. But it is legal, and I fear changing the law in the event that it may change what business owners can do to combat the KKK scenario I presented.

Basically, I've heard the same EXACT argument you're using used to defend a friend of a friend (not my friend) for wearing a swastika on his sweatshirt.

- Shane
Bleys

How about this: would you honestly argue as much as you are if the guy's shirt said "LET'S BOMB IRAQ! WE NEED THE OIL!" and he also bought it in the mall?

Somehow I doubt it.
Nope

ihaveagluegun wrote:
one: im not depressed, im angry, this is a serious issue, and stupid people who dont understand the constitution need to read up

ok take out your agression out on me all you want...but that doesn't mean you're furthering the discussion nor helping me along to understand your point of view
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:27 pm
Nope

Bleys wrote:
How about this: would you honestly argue as much as you are if the guy's shirt said "LET'S BOMB IRAQ! WE NEED THE OIL!" and he also bought it in the mall?

Somehow I doubt it.

if the shirt had been sold in the mall...yes

I doubt many people would have protested, but I would still be arguing about it in this board

choose to believe that or not...it doesn't matter to me
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:28 pm
ihaveagluegun

ive said all i can say, whats there is fact, truth, law, and just.
and once you start to change these laws, you too can get fucked.
you are beyond help obviously, if you WANTED to understand you would by now, i have a feeling you care about arguing, not understanding
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:29 pm
Bleys

So your view is that you should be able to wear anything you purchase in a store in the store as long as it does not interfere with obscenity laws?
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:30 pm
Nope

MessiahCarey wrote:

Basically, I've heard the same EXACT argument you're using used to defend a friend of a friend (not my friend) for wearing a swastika on his sweatshirt.

what's wrong with that? is he doing anything? if he is caught doing something, then arrest him. But I don't see the problem with that at all

one person wears a piece sign, the other a swastika...the law upholds the rights of both people to do so

if the friend of your friend had bought that sweatshirt in the mall, and they had told him to take it off and he refused and got arrested for it

I'd be here arguing
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next