Search
Register
Police State
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Nope

ihaveagluegun wrote:
RandomSurge, you are an imbecile, it is not that this is the law, it is that this can be based on issues of constituionality. OUR LAWS, WE THE FUCKING PEOPLE, ALL OF US, have rights, liberties, and these rights and liberties are not there to protect things we like, we would not need them if that was the case, these liberties are there to protect the things we hate. This countries bill of rights protects everyone, EVERYONE, what do you misunderstand about this? If you deny the owner of the mall his freedom then you have given yours away as well, this countries people need to keep each others freedoms safe, and that means supporting people who act within their rights, even if you disagree with their ideas, in turn, this confirms your rights, and you too are free, support people who act legitimately within their rights, they are the only hope for this nation, support them as well, and you will support yourself. an ideal that many lazy fucking americans have forgot.

have i gotten through your thick skull?

I already addressed this

it was within an american's rights to own a slave not too long ago

and no. I'm not comparing the two instances
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:01 pm
ihaveagluegun

thus you have no response
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bleys

Ok fine. Your first point about the back room is such such a stretch it's laughable, but I'll ignore it.

The second point... if I want to have a dildo store and require people to keep them in the box and in the back until they get out of my store I can. If someone were to take the dildo out of the box and just LOOK at it I have every right to say, "You need to put that dildo back in the box if you want to remain in my store." ... Seriously, I don't want people waving their dildos around in my dildo store.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:02 pm
Nope

Bleys wrote:

1. They DID give him a reason (his shirt was the reason)
2. He was kicked out of the mall, but he bought the shirt in a store in the mall (for all you know the owners of the mall might not have been aware such a shirt was being sold... stores are privately owned and rent space from the mall(
3. Malls are not public places. They are open to the public by the grace of the mall owner (and because they want to make money)... they are STILL privately owned, however. So they can make any rule they want (as long as it doesn't interfere with state laws)

1. and then they went on to say that the shirt didn't even matter...that the fact the he refused to leave was enough for an arrest

2. he bought the shirt in one of those stands in the middle of the "halls" where everybody can see them

3. I said exactly what you said here. The mall owners are going by what the law says. That doesn't make that state law right.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:04 pm
ihaveagluegun

Shut the fuck up Random, they have the RIGHT (do you understand that concept?) to refuse service to ANYONE they want, and they have no obligation to explain themselves

edit: no, your'e right, lets extinguish this rihgt, and while we are at it, lets get rid of freedom of press, due process, freedom of speech and all those other stupid ones...
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nope

Bleys wrote:
Ok fine. Your first point about the back room is such such a stretch it's laughable, but I'll ignore it.

The second point... if I want to have a dildo store and require people to keep them in the box and in the back until they get out of my store I can. If someone were to take the dildo out of the box and just LOOK at it I have every right to say, "You need to put that dildo back in the box if you want to remain in my store." ... Seriously, I don't want people waving their dildos around in my dildo store.

is waving a dildo and wearing a t-shirt that says "give peace a chance" the same thing?

one has a decency connotation...the other one is absolutely harmless
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:07 pm
Nope

ihaveagluegun wrote:
Shut the fuck up Random, they have the RIGHT (do you understand that concept?) to refuse service to ANYONE they want, and they have no obligation to explain themselves

edit: no, your'e right, lets extinguish this rihgt, and while we are at it, lets get rid of freedom of press, due process, freedom of speech and all those other stupid ones...

thanks for not taking the time to read my previous posts and taking out of context the ones that you did read

great job
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:08 pm
ihaveagluegun

RandomSurge wrote:
Bleys wrote:

is waving a dildo and wearing a t-shirt that says "give peace a chance" the same thing?

one has a decency connotation...the other one is absolutely harmless

THE FACT IS THAT THESE THINGS MAY BE SIMILAR FROM THE MALL OWNERS POINT OF VIEW, IT'S WHAT HE THINKS THAT MATTERS!

edit: Your'e a dildo
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:08 pm
Bleys

1. Refusing a request to leave private property is trespassing. If you can't understand that then you should look up the definition of trespassing. Or maybe I'll come take a shit on your front lawn and when you ask me to leave, I won't because that's ok right?

2. That doesn't change anything. The mall owners might still have been unaware the shirt was being sold. Even if they were aware, it doesn't change anything. Malls sell skimpy lingerie too, but you aren't necessarily allowed to wear it out of the store.

3. If you change the law, then anyone coming into your house can wear whatever they want and you can't do anything. Invite your best friend over, he's wearing a shirt you don't like... you ask him to leave, he says no... oh well... you can't do anything.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:11 pm
Nope

next time somebody comes by my store and buys a book, I'm going to tell them to not touch the book on their way out. And if they refuse, I'm going to tell them to leave. And if they refuse to leave with the book that THEY PAID FOR without touching it I'm going to have them arrested for trespassing

yes, now it all makes sense

Last edited by Nope on Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:13 pm
ihaveagluegun

Bleys wrote:

2. That doesn't change anything. The mall owners might still have been unaware the shirt was being sold. Even if they were aware, it doesn't change anything. Malls sell skimpy lingerie too, but you aren't necessarily allowed to wear it out of the store.

perfect fuckin example
ihaveagluegun

RandomSurge wrote:
next time somebody comes by my store and buys a book, I'm going to tell them to not touch the book on their way out. And if they refuse, I'm going to tell them to leave. And if they refuse to leave without the book that THEY PAID FOR I'm going to have them arrested for trespassing

oh no, but a book is so different from a shirt!

edit: come on, grasp for some more false representation of the thing that you are trying to defend, and obviously cant
Bleys

RandomSurge wrote:
next time somebody comes by my store and buys a book, I'm going to tell them to not touch the book on their way out. And if they refuse, I'm going to tell them to leave. And if they refuse to leave without the book that THEY PAID FOR I'm going to have them arrested for trespassing

This is different. They never asked him to leave the shirt he paid for, only not to wear it.

You can tell your customers not to read the book in the store, that would be fine. But if you tell them to leave without the book they paid for, well, then you're just stealing and YOU'RE the one who's going to jail.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:15 pm
Nope

Bleys wrote:

this is not the perfect example because again

wearing skimpy lingerie in public has a decency connotation to it, and there are actual laws against it. You need a liscence
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:16 pm
ihaveagluegun

listen fucker, there is a constitution about THIS, werent you listening!?
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:17 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next