Search
Register
Police State
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Nope

he could be wearing anything, though

if you just had a white t-shirt, and they asked you to take it off cause today was black t-shirt day or some stupid shit...you'd be arrested for trespassing if you refused to leave

it's just the basic principle of kicking somebody out with no good reason whatsoever....

I believe that you must give a proper reason...you can't just give them the power to do whatever they want with a paying customer

augusta is funny cause they have never given a reason for not allowing women....cause if they did actually give a reason then shit would hit the fan and people would realize that there needs to be more balance in the rights of the servicer to that of the servicee.

Giving the actual reason why they don't want women= bad pr
not allowing women= bad pr

there is no logical reason as to why the still don't let women in

"we just don't want them in here"...fucking JANE crow laws!!

if you allow people to do things to others with no good reason...well that just doesn't seem right

not to me anyway....if you think it is, that's fine
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:05 am
MessiahCarey

RandomSurge wrote:
he could be wearing anything, though

if you just had a white t-shirt, and they asked you to take it off cause today was black t-shirt day or some stupid shit...you'd be arrested for trespassing if you refused to leave

it's just the basic principle of kicking somebody out with no good reason whatsoever....

I believe that you must give a proper reason...you can't just give them the power to do whatever they want with a paying customer

augusta is funny cause they have never given a reason for not allowing women....cause if they did actually give a reason then shit would hit the fan and people would realize that there needs to be more balance in the rights of the servicer to that of the servicee.

Giving the actual reason why they don't want women= bad pr
not allowing women= bad pr

there is no logical reason as to why the still don't let women in

"we just don't want them in here"...fucking JANE crow laws!!

if you allow people to do things to others with no good reason...well that just doesn't seem right

not to me anyway....if you think it is, that's fine

I kinda find it odd that you think everyone should explain everything they do.

I don't know man, I just don't want to limit people like you do - it's not in my nature. I'm not the type to prohibit someone from dictating what goes on with their property.

Be good,
Shane
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:49 am
Nope

MessiahCarey wrote:

I kinda find it odd that you think everyone should explain everything they do.

well when it comes to cases like this...I think it's really stupid not to

shit, they kick the guy out, have him arrested, then drop the charges...yeah they got real strong convictions...if you kick somebody out with a good reason, you won't have people outside your place protesting

simple
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:00 pm
MessiahCarey

RandomSurge wrote:
shit, they kick the guy out, have him arrested

Umm...that's interesting.

They didn't have him arrested, he got hisself arrested - had he complied then perhaps he could have pressed charges on the grounds you speak of...but it was not complying with the owners of a property's request to leave that got him arrested - not wearing the shirt.

Peace,
Shane
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:12 pm
Nope

what if the guy had asked for a reason as to why he had to take the shirt off??

if there is a logical reason, and he doesn't take it off...sure, kick him out

did they ever say WHY they wanted him to take the shirt off? was it controvertial? offensive? did it go against a WRITTEN policy? Or had they even announced that they didn't want people with such shirts?

To say "take it off or you have to leave" and not give a reason or a good reason doesn't look right to me. "Well it's the law"...bullshit law then
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Nope

this is a case of the private sector having illogical rights over a person's civil liberties...yes you have the right to kick somebody out of your store...it's YOUR store after all

but without a good reason...it's just bullshit man

you can't fire somebody without good reason...why can you kick somebody out without good reason?
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:37 pm
darnell

i think people are really getting way too freaked out by this bullshit. whatever happened no shirt no shoes no service. I think the real question is WHAT WERE YOU THINKING AND HOW WOULD THIS BENEFIT OUR COUNTRY?(to the store owner who thought he was being patriotic and supportive of Pres. Bush) yes I'm scared too and my brother is already overseas but this is obviously not the way to handle things.
danielle
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:53 pm
ihaveagluegun

look, the balance is equal, you do what they ask on their property, they do what you ask on your property. there is no illogic, nor is there any unbalance. If you find these things you have a distorted view of the constitution, if you dislke others having freedoms, why don't you and conquer some little place where you can deny people rights whenever you want.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nope

ihaveagluegun wrote:
look, the balance is equal, you do what they ask on their property, they do what you ask on your property. there is no illogic, nor is there any unbalance. If you find these things you have a distorted view of the constitution, if you dislke others having freedoms, why don't you and conquer some little place where you can deny people rights whenever you want.

I can't believe that 9 pages later, you're still taking things out of context

they have rights OVER civil liberties...our civil liberties NEVER override theirs.....INBALANCE

what the fuck are you talking about????
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:09 pm
ihaveagluegun

RandomSurge wrote:
ihaveagluegun wrote:

they have rights OVER civil liberties...our civil liberties NEVER override theirs.....INBALANCE

great, so you are saying if our liberties override theirs, then there will be balance, nice job

edit: imagine the sarcasm
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nope

RandomSurge wrote:

you can't fire somebody without good reason...why can you kick somebody out without good reason?

somebody answer this

in one case you're paying for a service

in the other case, you're getting paid for your services (you labor)
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:16 pm
ihaveagluegun

Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:17 pm
Nope

ihaveagluegun wrote:
RandomSurge wrote:
ihaveagluegun wrote:

great, so you are saying if our liberties override theirs, then there will be balance, nice job

edit: imagine the sarcasm

why do you post???? you have not added anything to this whole discussion...

way to take things out of context again...take the gluegun out your ass

I'm a fag cause you're looking like a complete moron simply by posting?

sure, I'm gay...but you're still an idiot
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:17 pm
quasifoto

this whole post shocks me. i wouldn't expect it on this forum! not like this. a guy wore a peace shirt in a mall!!! it's really that simple, he was targeted when he shouldn't have been. what if a muslim was told they couldn't wear something that was from their heritage from the mall because it was disturbing the shoppers? it's private property but come on, it's not like it's somebody's house. shit, anyone who kicks someone out of their home for wearing a peace shirt needs their head examined. the mall dropped charges, backtracked, they regret it- BIGTIME. but you'd still defend them? come on. this post is sick.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:33 pm
Nope

RandomSurge wrote:
RandomSurge wrote:

somebody answer this

in one case you're paying for a service

in the other case, you're getting paid for your services (you labor)

I think it's great that nobody answered this...not being sarcastic
Post Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:40 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next