Search
Register
The nature of Protests and Rallying...my two cents...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

MrHourGlass

The nature of Protests and Rallying...my two cents...  Reply with quote  

For the reck-ord. I'm all for freedom of speech, the expression thoughts and idea, feeling and emotions. It a beautiful thing when people exercise this right.

BUT.

When, (for a lot of people) this fad of protesting wears off...again, for some people...a lot of people have been acting upon their words for decades.

But I see a fad or an attraction developing to the whole "fuck the war" concept...that doesn't seem to be following its most sincere intentions. I get the feeling like, some people really have this mentality, as if I want to protest and shout "fuck the war!!" because It's cool to oppose something, and to follow the unspoken majority.

Well...my only hope, my only suggestion is that...all these new "fuck the war" recruits, will see the light, and participate in the most effective, non-violent, direct means of Protesting and rallying...

Class: this would be? VOTING! Vote and vote and vote and vote...learn and understand the people whom you are voting for! Please o please...

Believe it or not...voting is not a joke, not something as comical as the extremely high percentages of NON-VOTERS laughed at the Florida scandal. It's what will determine the state of this country in future years. I don't want to have to rely on marchs, protest and rallies, when I can potentially ensure the right decision will be made, without said above.

So in conclusion to my depreciating valued 2-cents, I hope the majority of "fuck the war" gung ho activists, remember what they were shouting, once electorials come around. Word.

Peace

HourGlass

Last edited by MrHourGlass on Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:30 am
illusion

i think its pointless to speculate what would have happened and more important to focus on what is happening.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:34 am
MrHourGlass

...  Reply with quote  

the point remains the same...after everything settles...how many people won't vote? Right. Then, how many hippocrites will emerge, complaining about their ambigious fate, when they do nothing to try to help themselves.

Point taken..speculate on the now..but all I hope for, is that people will remember how they were speculating conditions now...and try to avoid these situations in the future. I know that sounds very vague and indirect, but believe me, there is a lot of relevance to what I'm saying. Believe you me.

HourGlass
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:41 am

lets face it...sadam has cheimical wepons that he was planing to use.we should disarm them and keep sadam on lock down.

but war is just dumb.were in debt like crazy and this fucking war will cost alot and our econmy is allready bad

.plus when we go to war.its going to be urban warfare.alot of american solders might die . sadam said that if us started to take over he'd scorch earth policy with gases.

f the war.. lets just kick sadam in the balls and warp a lesh around his neck and make him our bitch without going to war.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:51 am

MrHourGlass

...  Reply with quote  

or maybe with a competent leader...we may be able to deliberate in accordance with the UN and our coalition...

fuck the persons who makes war the first priority mang. Yes US soldiers will die, which is tragic...I really mean that...but how many innocent people will have to die in Iraq?

Does anyone see the similarites between Bush and Sadaam? It's so ferkin unbelievable that people can chastise a man, an "evil doer", for killing his own innocent people...but then decide okay "let's take him out, while killing more of his innocent people"...that's a paraphrase of all the B.S.

Word.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:58 am
ihaveagluegun

Re: The nature of Protests and Rallying...my two cents...  Reply with quote  

MrHourGlass wrote:
For the reck-ord. I'm all for freedom of speech, the expression thoughts and idea, feeling and emotions. It a beautiful thing when people exercise this right.

BUT.

When, (for a lot of people) this fad of protesting wears off...again, for some people...a lot of people have been acting upon their words for decades.

But I see a fad or an attraction developing to the whole "fuck the war" concept...that doesn't seem to be following its most sincere intentions. I get the feeling like, some people really have this mentality, as if I want to protest and shout "fuck the war!!" because It's cool to oppose something, and to follow the unspoken majority.

Well...my only hope, my only suggestion is that...all these new "fuck the war" recruits, will see the light, and participate in the most effective, non-violent, direct means of Protesting and rallying...

Class: this would be? VOTING! Vote and vote and vote and vote...learn and understand the people whom you are voting for! Please o please...

Believe it or not...voting is not a joke, not something as comical as the extremely high percentages of NON-VOTERS laughed at the Florida scandal. It's what will determine the state of this country in future years. I don't want to have to rely on marchs, protest and rallies, when I can potentially ensure the right decision will be made, without said above.

So in conclusion to my depreciating valued 2-cents, I hope the majority of "fuck the war" gung ho activists, remember what they were shouting, once electorials come around. Word.

Peace

HourGlass

I hate to interfere with the controled environment in which you placed these "fuck the war" people, but I this thread was useless, if you really thought about things like this, you wouldn't have bothered posting it, at least not the first half. You must take into consideration, that not only may there be people who are "jumping on the 'fuck war' band wagon" (which there is no presented evidence show that may have led you to this conclusion, making it pure assumption, you know what assuming does, eh?)
However, I KNOW for one, that people run about pro-war during this time, I go to school with classrooms full of highschool kids who are pro war. no questions asked. "we should just bomb all them goddamned A-rab, mufukas" and you have to see, these kids, are the future voters that you are calling to the polls, which is fine. But. these are not informed decisions, these words, and their votes would be based on fear. Granted, there are people who just jump on the band wagon, but it is not limited to one side or another. stop bitchin about it, uninformed people are essential to the balance of the government, you cant force someone, they are free to vote or not. However, I do agree about the AMOUNT of people who should be voting.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
futuristxen

if this is a fad for people it's a much better fad than 50 cent. So I say let them jump this bandwagon. it's the happening place to be right now.

fuck the war.
and
no blood for oil.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:28 am
MrHourGlass

...  Reply with quote  

well I can see where your thoughts are coming from...

but...

I think this post is very useful. I knew I should have kept my post more concise, with less drama. Nevertheless, the main point was, not to criticize anyone affiliated with "fuck the war" nor any other type of movement. I definitely agree and promote these undoubtedly.

But my ASSUMPTIONS???!?!!?! Are you kidding me?...If I could run a study, to see how many people who protest, did not vote, the results would most likely be very high. You could argue that an assumption right there, but it's almost "common knowledge" the amount of non-registered voters in this country is pathetic. Atleast that's what I've read. Someone who is good with numbers, please grab a stat for me.

IhaveaGlueGun: And you have gotten your data from high schools. Mind you, this is one of the reasons why juviniles cannot vote. But I do see that mentality in adults too, so...heh

My point is this....please remember these protests once voting comes around...because ultimately, this is one of the most effective ways your opinions to be taken, physically.

Peace

HourGlass

ps, as i re-read my replies, there is no arrogance or sarcasm in any of my lines..I got that impression myself...so please don't read into those...
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:38 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i seen somthing on cnn about australia<i think it was>and they have a mandatory vote....i forgot what the fine was if they dont vote but they said theres something like an 85 percent turnout @ the polls......

far more impressive then in the states.....

maybe we should do something along the lines of that....
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:44 am
MrHourGlass

...  Reply with quote  

bluntedinmichigan wrote:
i seen somthing on cnn about australia<i think it was>and they have a mandatory vote....i forgot what the fine was if they dont vote but they said theres something like an 85 percent turnout @ the polls......

far more impressive then in the states.....

maybe we should do something along the lines of that....

very interesting. I know the voting system has its own flaws...but it works well when people use it. I agree blunted...I'm not saying if 85% of the people in states voted, all of what is happening would be avoided, but It sure would be nice to see what would happen if 85% did turnout. Who would be in office? What type of decisions being made? Feel me? Maybe nothing would change? But it's all worthwhile in thinking about...

but hey, you can still catch me in tha club...haha
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:54 am
Alxotty

Yea, 'cause freedom sucks.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:56 am

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:14 am

ihaveagluegun

ok ok, I agree that there are the people that you were talking about, however, I said assumptions, only because you gave no evidence, people cant just say, without evidence, matters not if they are wrong are right.
common knowledge, just isn't common

whoa, rethink back to whenever you were in highschool....we are 18...we voted...worry, about it, 'cause those kids I talked about, vote, most of them, and they arent just stupid, a few of them belonged to the top in their our class
dont diss the data, i mean...i had some...and its true, i have seen it...

and I understand your point about voting, but what you do when voting time hasnt come around and you dont agree w/ something, why would anyone forget these protests when voting came?
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Moolah

bluntedinmichigan wrote:

Yeah that's Australia. It's only a small fine, but enough to make you want to take 10 minutes to vote.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:44 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i havent had the chance to vote yet.....i turned 18 last year.....

i almost dont see the point in voting but like i said in another thread awhile back 'one vote against one asshole is a vote against the other' .......right??????

well its 5 am here....i might re read this later today and decide i changed my mind.......so dont rip my asshole apart if thats some 'ridiclous' statement or something......
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:47 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next