Search
Register
Buck 65's Book
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

remind
probably drunk

Buck 65's Book  Reply with quote  

Anyone cop this? How is it? I'm about to order it, next book on deck.
Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Buck sent me the first draft, which I really enjoyed. However, I was told that the final version is a lot different. And it's longer than what I read apparently. I don't want to read this on a computer screen so I'm waiting to see if I can get my hands on a hard copy.
Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:50 pm
CaptainFantasy

Where are you ordering the book from? This is the first I've heard of it. Buck used to be all over facebook and I haven't seen him post anything on there in a long time. Maybe my news feed just isn't showing it. I'm not sure how the feed chooses what appears and doesn't. His website news hasn't been updated since 7/28. I still haven't got Neverlove because I haven't seen anywhere to buy it on CD(yes, I still buy outdated technology). I'm sure the guy is busy but it seems he's kind of disappeared.
Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:49 pm
remind
probably drunk

CaptainFantasy wrote:
Where are you ordering the book from? This is the first I've heard of it. Buck used to be all over facebook and I haven't seen him post anything on there in a long time. Maybe my news feed just isn't showing it. I'm not sure how the feed chooses what appears and doesn't. His website news hasn't been updated since 7/28. I still haven't got Neverlove because I haven't seen anywhere to buy it on CD(yes, I still buy outdated technology). I'm sure the guy is busy but it seems he's kind of disappeared.

I downloaded it on my Nook (so, Barnes and Noble). I was thinking the same about his social media activity because he hadn't tweeted in a while, but I noticed that he's been tweeting from his alternate, baseball-related account, so I followed him there. And, yeah, I don't have Neverlove either for the same reason. Buying Buck CD's can be annoying if you don't feel like paying $30 for it haha but I'm sure it's available somewhere for regular price.

I'll report back on the book after I finish it!
Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm
anomaly
Loserface

http://buck-65.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/never-love-cd
Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:05 pm
lacezilla

I ordered it through amazon but through amazon.ca. I'm sneaky and it was cheaper than on American amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/Wicked-Weird-Amazing-Tales-Buck/dp/0385679726/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445448897&sr=8-1&keywords=buck+65+book
Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Cheeky! Still cost $30, but somehow the US version was $5 more with shipping. Huh.
Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:22 pm
Limbs

Ah! Thanks for the reminder.

I've lost all my buck cds except for situation on vinyl from a christmas bundle I got as a gift from someone through sfrstore. i love that album but it kills me my language arts cd is whoknowswhere. and i hate cds.
Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:05 pm
laurapalmer

I was hoping someone would bring up this book. Between the Canadaland criticism/backlash, and the weird Facebook posts Buck made, I don't understand what was supposed a joke and what was real.

It was pretty uncomfortable shit to read though, so I had been holding out on the book. Is this worth reading?
Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 pm
remind
probably drunk

laurapalmer wrote:
I was hoping someone would bring up this book. Between the Canadaland criticism/backlash, and the weird Facebook posts Buck made, I don't understand what was supposed a joke and what was real.

It was pretty uncomfortable shit to read though, so I had been holding out on the book. Is this worth reading?

Yes! Sorry for the delayed response. The plan was to come back here once I finished the book, but it takes me forever to finish books haha. I'm about halfway through it and I'm in love with it. Buck's transition from songwriter to book writer is seamless. Everything we've come to love about Buck's music... his charm, his pain, his attention to detail, his funny stories. It's all here. I thought he'd cover more of his come up in the rap game, but again, I still have much to go so maybe it's coming.

You should read this book even if you're not a fan of his music. But if you are a fan, then you should definitely read it.
Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to: