Search
Register
"COPPER GONE" - MP3, CD, VINYL, tapes & errrrr
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

mancabbage

this album really is brilliant. New fav track every couple of days, loving ID thieves loads at the mo
Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 pm
poisonfree

holy shitballs.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Sage, you done did it now.

I am leaning towards this being one of your best. I need to give it a few more full listens, but man.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FreddyD

'Over Under' is the fuckin jam. That first verse is flawless and hilarious and makes me hit rewind steadily. Beat kills.
Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:20 pm
poisonfree

Wait wot? Is Dan-o on that review Dan From here? Weird.

Lol. Everyone hates you. EVERYONE!.

Definitely an awkward read, like a letter written by an ex.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Limbs

jakethesnake wrote:
Limbs wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
The video for Grace will be released in a few days. Very anxious to get that out there.

What's up?

I think there's something going on called a "tour". Some archaic thing where people get together instead of meeting on the intertubes. From what I can tell from my research, it's similar to a traveling minstrel show. Must take up a lot of spare time.

Duly noted, you'll be quoted in the eulogy
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:32 am
Perspective

This is my first post in a long time. Feels great to be back!

Love the album. I hope it will stand the test of time as well as Personal Journals did for me, this is a great quality album. From the opener I could tell I was going to like it. Really looking forward to seeing some of this material live.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:18 pm
xGasPricesx

Damnit, I want my copy so bad right now. I've still held off listening to anything except for Vonnegut Busy. Everyday for the past week when the mailman arrives I get so excited that it's here, only to be disappointed. I still refuse to listen to any other tracks until I have the physical CD which I can listen to in my car, which is the best sound system I have available. So excited for this album though, and the upcoming show in a few weeks. It's been a few years since Sage and B have been to my hometown, but last time they were here it was amazing, and considering they are playing a way better venue this time I couldn't be more excited. If the album doesn't come tomorrow though I may just have to make the 20 mile drive to the local record store that I know will have it cause I can't wait much longer. I don't mind throwing some extra money to SFR, I just hate having to make the long, traffic-ridden drive over there.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:43 pm
Limbs

I think I'm gonna pick up the cd today somewhere. It doesn't feel right not having something in my hands. I want to forget the vinyl is even coming and have a real good day in July.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:00 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Macksherl Rothermore-types beware.
Uncle Sage is on the hunt.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:56 pm
xGasPricesx

T-Wrex wrote:

So is Brother Ali.

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:48 pm
mancabbage

xGasPricesx wrote:
T-Wrex wrote:

So is Brother Ali.

love it,
Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:56 pm
xGasPricesx

What's a Monkey to a Beatle after all?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:56 pm
xGasPricesx

So I caved and bought another copy at the record store the other day while I wait for my pre-order. I'm definitely digging it so far, although I think this one will take a little longer to digest for me than Li(f)e did. At the moment though, Make 'Em Purr is really bringing up some crazy memories.

Personal story time: About 6 years ago a girl I had been dating for a few years left me, and as it turns out, she left me for one of my best friends/room mates at the time. I happened to be the last one to find this out, about a month or two after everyone (and I mean everyone) else already knew. The way I found out wasn't pretty, but I also wasn't totally innocent in this situation. My friend at least had the courtesy to leave the house while this all went down and had been staying up at his parents and her house, so it's not like they were around the whole time and I just hadn't noticed. Anyways, I was pretty broken up when she left me, and when I found out they were together, it made it a lot worse. Shortly after I found out, I packed up a few things and headed out to the middle of nowhere, where my grandparents had a small cabin they never used. The place barely had electricity, but I knew fairly well how to live off the land. That's what I did for awhile, left my phone and computer and all that, had no communication with anyone. The only company I had up there was my dog, a 9-year old lab with increasing health problems.

I remember when I came back a lot of my friends were almost mad at me, they had been worried I was dead or something, even though I had been calling my mom every few days from a nearby payphone to let her know I was alright, and they could have just talked to her. I was mad at a lot of them at the time though, I felt betrayed that everyone knew about my ex and friend being together, and no one told me. I eventually came to understand it wasn't really their place, but I wasn't totally rational at that time. Make 'Em Purr really just bring a lot of those memories back up for me though, kind of in a good way, or at least not in a bad way, it reminds me how even when it seems like you will never get over something, you eventually will.

Also, as far as my ex and old friend go, they are still together 6 years later and are very happy. She was recently accepted to a very prestigious graduate program and he is making a lot of progress in his chosen career path. I'm happy for them now, even though I do find myself missing her sometimes. We talk on occasion and even get together every now and again when they are back in town. I never thought I could be happy for them being together, but I guess it's funny how things work out sometimes.

Anyways, that's my personal (not so) sob story that the album reminded me of. Really excited to dig in my heels more and find some new favorite tracks.

Edit: Yes, I realize that I've taken a few liberties with my interpretation of the song. There were just a few lines in there that really made those memories start flooding back. Also really enjoying 'Grace' right now. The album is definitely warming up to me, not sure if it will be my personal favorite of Sage's discography, but it's definitely pretty great and was well worth the wait.

Last edited by xGasPricesx on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:30 am
defdans

Sage, this is an amazing album. Might be your best. It's a busy album with a lot to digest. Every time I listen I pick up another couple lines I didn't catch the last time. The set up is the only song I haven't gotten into yet. The rest are taking turns being my favorite. Great work!
Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:01 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next