Search
Register
"COPPER GONE" - MP3, CD, VINYL, tapes & errrrr
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

"COPPER GONE" - MP3, CD, VINYL, tapes & errrrr  Reply with quote  

COPPER GONE package deals for CDs, Vinyl, Tapes, MP3, Gear: www.tinyurl.com/SFRcoppergone

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/copper-gone/id848498471

“Copper Gone is a massive emotional outpouring in rap form. The grit, grime, and brutal reality of being an independent hip-hop artist for decades all has been mashed into a whirlwind survey of how brilliance, independence, and creative commitment are dealt with today—all from perhaps our greatest modern-day poet.” - Chris Force, Alarm Magazine

TRACKLISTING:

01 PRESSURE COOKER (music by Cecil Otter)
02 GRACE (music by ALXNDRBRWN)
03 ID THIEVES (music by James Hancock andCool Poindexter)
04 CHEAT CODE (music by Reanimator)
05 DEAD MAN'S FLOAT (music by Cecil Otter)
06 OVER UNDER (music by Le Parasite)
07 MAKE EM PURR (music by Buck 65)
08 VONNEGUT BUSY (music by Prolyphic)
09 THANK YOU (music by Anders Parker)
10 THE SET UP (music by Alias)
11 THE PLACE SHE FEARED MOST (music by Reanimator)
12 ONCE UPON A BLUE MOON (music by Dub Sonata)
13 SAY UNCLE (music by John Ash)
14 MAINT REQD (music by Kurtis SP)

"SAGE FRANCIS...relocked and reloaded."

After a 4-year hiatus, the indie rap icon is taking his signature style of hip-hop and performance art back on the road to support the June 2014 release of "COPPER GONE" on STRANGE FAMOUS RECORDS. It features beat production from long-time music affiliates BUCK 65, ALIAS, CECIL OTTER, REANIMATOR, and more.  Physical/digital pre-sales are available now.

"VONNEGUT BUSY", the lead single, acts as a stylistic sample dish for what one can expect from the new album, transitioning seamlessly from socio-economic issues to personal politics, all while being punctuated by the project's overall mission statement: "When it seems like you're going through hell...keep going." The reference to Kurt Vonnegut in the title is accompanied by a quote from the satirical writer in one of the song's 3 sub-choruses: "Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, 'it might have been.'"

As fans and media may remember, Francis declared a sudden retirement from touring at the end of his "Li(f)e on the Road" world excursion in 2010. Many people misinterpreted this as a resignation from music altogether as his three album deal with Epitaph Records came to its conclusion. "It sort of offends my sensibilities to hear that some people thought I gave up music," Francis remarks. "I've been writing songs since I was 8 years old. Performing on stage since 12. Winning over crowds and losing partners in the process. As far as creative energy goes, my entire adult life and the bulk of my childhood has been dedicated to this craft. I don't even think I could stop that train if I wanted to."

In reality, Francis removed himself from the non-stop grind of the tour circuit in hopes of developing a healthier domestic situation. He did not achieve this goal, as numerous songs on Copper Gone clearly illustrate (some more overtly than others.) Over the course of the next few years, in the wake of some significant personal losses, Francis succumbed to his more hermit-like tendencies. He remained tucked away in the woods on the outskirts of Rhode Island, running Strange Famous Records remotely, all while continuing to write/record music in the isolation of his studio.

"No matter how much time I spend by myself, I'm constantly aware of how I need to keep this ship afloat. If not for me, then for the others who have jumped on board with me. That's not the main motivation for what I do, but it's probably good to feel pressured into staying active outside of my bubble. I'm stressed, overworked, and exhausted regardless of my situation, so I might as well step into the fire rather than just watch the world burn around me. At this point, that sounds a lot better to me than spending the rest of my life as a recluse, wondering what might've been."

Copper Gone drops worldwide June 3rd, 2014 on Strange Famous Records (in the UK it is being released by Scroobius Pip's Speech Development Records.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”Copper Gone Tour” will make its way through North America  from late May until early July with B. DOLAN and special guests, followed by a world tour beginning in October. Dates for the tour are listed below.  TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

Full list of UK/EURO TOUR DATES AT: www.tinyurl.com/CopperGoneTour

Copper Gone Coffee Mugs http://tinyurl.com/CopperGoneMugs
Available individually and in sets of 4. They also hold such inferior liquids as tea, hot chocolate and probably some random healthy stuff...

Last edited by Sage Francis on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 22 times in total
Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:23 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

as i said in another thread i was picturing something else but this cover looks really nice,

SFR album cover game has been on point lately
Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 am
xGasPricesx

Thank god you aren't playing The Clubhouse this time around. I think you will like Crescent a lot better, the only thing The Clubhouse sort of had going for it was decent sound occasionally, but I think Crescent Ballroom blows it out of the water in that respect as well.
Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:48 am
leg.donor

very exciting!
Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
al(phonic)

gorgeous cover. i am so pumped to see what you've created. fuck the rest of this month, april, may, and the first two days of june.
Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:27 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm aching with anticipation. I hate to rush time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want all of this anxiousness to be behind me already.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:04 pm
Lants

Yes please.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:32 pm
zeem

woo! Can't wait.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am
Mikal kHill

Man, that artwork is so fantastic. Really looking forward to this.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 am
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

When will the first single be released? Did I miss that in here somewhere?!
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:56 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Hellen Earth wrote:
When will the first single be released? Did I miss that in here somewhere?!

April 1st. No joke.
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:56 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

The artwork looks amazing and the show at the Mohawk is going to be nuts!!!! Cant wait to hear the new single on the 1st.
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:44 pm
remind

FUCK YES! THE WAIT IS OVER! SAGE FRANCIS!
Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 am
Jared Paul

I'm sooooo readeh for this...
Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mancabbage

i got my ears syringed last week, i am ready
Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next