Search
Register
NFL and College Football 2013-2014
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

sewer samuel wrote:
i think san diego might be the team to upset this week. nothing is expected of them, theyre playing with house money. they look loose and to be having fun.

I totally agree. They've already shown they can beat Denver, though the previous meeting now means that the Broncos can make the necessary adjustments to win. I don't trust Denver's defense to keep the Chargers out of the endzone at all, but I think that Manning is going to get surgical. You know he's been studying game film all week once he knew they were playing San Diego, and he's going to take full advantage of any weakness he finds. He also knows that this may very well be his last go of it, with Decker and Moreno entering free agency in the offseason, and his body continuing to feel its age. We shall see.

I'm really looking forward to the Saints-Seahawks game in a little bit. I have Seattle pegged as Super Bowl champs, but one never knows. I do know for sure that they have the most terrifying defense of all the teams in the playoffs, with SF a close second. And who wants to defend against Lynch and Wilson when he's hot? Nobody. I would be ecstatic if Seattle took it all this year. Bout time.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:04 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

The Patriots' run game is such an amazing plot twist to what was destined to be a dismal season. When there's a Bill there's a way.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:39 pm
Limbs

Man I was really pulling for Luck. He's easy to root for. Hope they put some talent around him.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 am
Captiv8

I don't think Luck has what it takes to win a Super Bowl. He's being hailed as some sort of legend for the comeback against KC, but in reality the man has thrown 7 picks in the last 2 games. He seems to win, if you'll pardon the obvious pun, by luck half the time. It's weird. He has the skillset, so many it is a personnel issue. Still, you can't give up the ball that many times and expect to lead your team to the championship. My guess is Indy will stick with Richardson and Brown in the running game, as they both seemed to do fairly well. Get in a really solid o-lineman to add protection and help out the running game, and get a quality receiver in there. Fleener is a really solid TE, so I think that's good.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 am
Captiv8

It's too early in the game to tell at this point, but I'm continuing my support of Cam Newton. I honestly didn't think he would amount to much in the NFL, but he continues to show improvement in his mechanics and decision-making. He also looks really comfortable in his first playoff game. I think the only reason the score isn't higher in favor of Carolina is bad goal-line playcalling by Rivera. Also, this Mike Mitchell guy for Carolina is a dick. He's talking a lot of shit and hasn't made a single play.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 pm
Captiv8

I clearly wrote too soon. The interception Newton just threw was atrocious. Just a terrible pass. Man. I really didn't want to see SF in a position to be in the Super Bowl again. Here's hoping that Seattle gets their offense going next week and kindly ushers the 49ers out of the playoffs.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:49 pm
organize

The 49ers are one superbowl loss away, from being halfway to the 1990s Buffalo Bills. If that makes sense

I'm hoping they win in Seattle and lose in the superbowl.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:40 pm
Captiv8

So Jim Caldwell is the new Lions head coach. I'm not sure how I feel aout that. He does have the advantage of having been Peyton Manning's QB coach for a number of years, but I don't know how much we can say Caldwell affected Manning and how much was innate skill. I don't remember being particularly impressed by Caldwell when he was the head coach in Indy either. I don't know. I wanted Mike Munchak, to be honest, not Whisenhunt. I thought Munchak had the right kind of mentality and ethic to turn the Lions around. This, to me, seems like a "let's get Caldwell before the Browns do" move.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am
Captiv8

A lot of people are hating on Richard Sherman right now. Fuck 'em. You played very well dude. So what if you're arrogant when it comes to football? Help bring the championship home to Seattle and you'll be a legend forever. And always rest easy in the knowledge that you made football so much more interesting and exciting because of your brashness.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:37 am
organize

I dont have a problem with Sherman or what he said. I am in the camp that thinks he is the best corner in the NFL right now.
The people that have a problem with what he says and how he holds himself on the field probably haven't been watching football or sports for that long. Names like Deion Sanders, Joey Porter, Bart Scott, James Harrison, and Steve Smith automatically pop into my mind when it comes to "talking" before, during ,or after games. And thats just people in the NFL. Outside of the NFL you have Muhammed Ali, Grant Balfour, Nick Diaz, Mike Tyson, etc...
Being vocal gives certain people an edge. It gets underneath the opposition and throws THEM off their game. I'm all for it.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm
sewer samuel

i dont have a problem with what he did or said either. but in his article he wrote for monday morning quarterback the next day, he said "I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off."

the context that he makes it seem like it happened in was completely different than how it actually happened. he was doing in an extremely patronizing manor, one in which the majority of football players would react to. like i said, i dont have a problem with what he did, but if is going to be an arrogant asshole he should own up to is actions and not try to back down from what he actually did/said the next day.

Last edited by sewer samuel on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 pm
Captiv8

Well turns out they had Sherman mic'ed up for the game, and he did actually say "Helluva game, helluva game." Is that patronizing and gracious? Not really with the way he did it, but from everything I've read and heard there was some kind of preexisting beef between Sherman and Crabtree. I don't have a problem with anything Sherman did, at any point. He's a passionate player who, right now, is one of the best corners in the game. I'm rooting for the Seahawks.
Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7