Search
Register
Donald Trump
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Donald Trump  Reply with quote  

How far does this thing go? He's leading by a considerable number in the polls, he is ruining everyone's fun and is the sole person of interest in a sea of 17 candidates.

When does he drop out and what does this mean for the Republicans? Is he just securing a Bush nomination?
Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:43 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

He's certainly securing a deeply fractured Republican party for the next election, which I'm not mad at at all.
Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:50 pm
Limbs

Its just really depressing that Bernie will be called the crazy radical.

You gotta think after the republicans get destroyed in the general they'll rethink some things. Maybe? They are an utter caricature.
Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:55 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

It's almost like......America deserves him.
Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:49 pm
Mark in Minnesota

I think the most likely scenario for the Republican Party is a brokered convention, and Trump standing there with his hand out--doubly so, not just as a kingmaker for the eventual nominee but also by threatening to play the third-party spoiler unless the party moves sufficiently to placate him.
Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:32 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Sage Francis wrote:

#wordart
Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:37 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
I think the most likely scenario for the Republican Party is a brokered convention, and Trump standing there with his hand out--doubly so, not just as a kingmaker for the eventual nominee but also by threatening to play the third-party spoiler unless the party moves sufficiently to placate him.

The problem is... I really don't believe he has any particular platform other than "Donald Trump should be President." Which will make it pretty hard for any other candidate to sufficiently placate him. He's hired a bunch of Palin's old campaign staff, and I could definitely see him sinking the eventual nominee by becoming their VP in a similar way.
Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:44 am
Mark in Minnesota

He's already said on the record that he has no interest in a VP position. I personally doubt he even knows what he wants other than to exit the race from a position of perceived strength.

It's just fascinating to me that he has used his time on a Republican debate stage to essentially wonder aloud what the party will have to give him to keep him from torpedoing the election for them. What does being "treated with respect" by the winning candidate look like? And given that he already asserts a cash value to his personal "brand" in the billions of dollars, how is him demanding this kind of favorable treatment to get out of the race anything other than an open solicitation to bribery?
Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:39 am
xGasPricesx

Sage Francis wrote:

He really is the Frankenstein's monster of the modern American political system. On a side note, I wish we could get a video of Christopher Walken reading Donald Trump quotes, he's the one person who could really nail Trump's "unique" sentence structure.
Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:41 pm
Limbs

We still have over a year till the election. I am curious how many people watched the GOP debate sincerely. This is making it too easy on comedians. Stewart did a whole block without talking. Just airing politician clips.

If everyone votes according to where they stand on the issues Bernie will win the presidency handily. Trump won't matter anymore than he ever did as a rich and powerful white man on TV...

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:52 pm
mancabbage

man seems like a grown up slimmed down rich cartman in a wig. probably eats out of his colostomy bag. fuckin odd
Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Jump to: