Search
Register
BREAKING BAD : Final Episodes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

anomaly
Loserface

and they both eat breakfast, because that's just about all Jr does.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:10 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

word on the street is that stealing Holly was Walt's way of getting the cops to monitor the phone, and the call was his way of taking full responsibility and clearing Skylar as an accomplice before getting the double hoover deluxe with the shampoo or whatever and vanishing.

I find it hard to understand how people don't see Walt as either a monster or a pathetic piece of shit. I loved seeing him realize that he couldn't cleverly snake his way out of the hit he basically put on Hank, for once.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:57 pm
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

I don't think I have a rooting interest in the show. i think it is a fabulous show but I would be content with everyone dying except for holly. Everyone on the show is really a POS. I don't care for Walt Jr. much either. What should happen is Todd's men should go to Walt's house, kill walt jr, skyler and marie. Walt comes back and there is an epic shoot out in the meth lab which then explodes and everyone is dead. End of show, time to go home.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

http://imgur.com/E60ZhXV hm not a coincidence
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm
xxdr. mad69xx

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
word on the street is that stealing Holly was Walt's way of getting the cops to monitor the phone, and the call was his way of taking full responsibility and clearing Skylar as an accomplice before getting the double hoover deluxe with the shampoo or whatever and vanishing.

I find it hard to understand how people don't see Walt as either a monster or a pathetic piece of shit. I loved seeing him realize that he couldn't cleverly snake his way out of the hit he basically put on Hank, for once.

Did he put a hit on Hank though??? He put a hit on Jesse.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Right.

Walter put a hit on Jesse. When he realized that Hank was present so he called off the hit. The Nazi squad didn't honor that request. Before the Nazi squad showed up, Walter had finally accepted his fate. He was handing himself in and there was no way to weasel his way out of it. He would have much rather accepted this fate than have Hank killed which is why he begged and pleaded for them not to kill Hank, and this is also why he forfeited all of his money to the Nazi squad. That's kind of obvious I think. He really didn't want to tear the family apart, which is obviously what would happen once Hank was killed.

He went on to save Skylar's hide by painting himself as the heartless monster who was basically holding her hostage under threats of violence and murder.

As much as I love the writing of this show, there are always weird things that stick out. For instance, when he calls Skylar he asks her if she's alone (as in...no cops being present.) She doesn't know where he's going with this just yet but she says no. He obviously knows that cops are there because, well, he was there when Walt Jr called 911. ha. I mean, shit...of course she's in the presence of police. And the police would know that as well which (I believe) would obviously raise suspicion on their end as to the things that Walt was saying in the phone conversation. Not sure why I'm knit-picking that right now, but it just seems like this is the kind of thing that people would be incredibly skeptical about if it happened in real life. "YOU DID NOTHING! I DID EVERYTHING! YOU KNEW I WOULD PUNISH YOU IF YOU EVER SPOKE ABOUT IT. HANK HAD TO DIE AND I'LL DO THE SAME TO YOU!" I feel like if the camera panned over to the cop recording the conversation you'd see his eyes rolling.

Loved this episode though. No disrespeck.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

I meant that it was his fault that the Neo Nazis were there, so he basically pulled the trigger on Hank, and his typical pathetic efforts to find a clever way out at the last minute didn't work this time.

You're right about that last scene. Going back, that's obviously what's going on. I don't know why I didn't read it that way last night. I guess I was giving the logic of it a pass since I already had to look past that convenient spill-of-guts moment when Jesse was on the phone recording him and Walt was racing to the money.

Does anyone get the feeling that they really needed to tackle season 5 1/2 in one full season? The first few episodes of this summer tripled the pace of the entire series before it. It feels like NOW things are playing out the way the show is supposed to end but they fucking raced to it once Hank got off that toilet.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

after walt or who/whatever happens to todds crew, im still thinking there might be a final battle between walt and jesse and that will be the end
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm
pedavis

Poor Gomey
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

My guess is that Jesse is going to pull some chemistry shit like Walt did with Crazy 8 to kill the white-power dudes during a cook. Then, in order to lure Walter back to New Mexico, Jesse burns Walt's house to the ground. From there, no idea.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 pm
FranktheP

Something happens at the house becasue of the graph that was on the wall about Heisenberg we saw in the first episode of the season. This show has gotten me totally twisted-I was rooting for Walt but he is so lost in what he is doing-deep down he was never "built" to be a kingpin. Jesse goes from ok to pathetic too much for me. I knew Todd was going to be part of the outcome-he is a classic sociopath. I can see him walking away with all that money. Great, great season though. September 29th will be a bitter-sweet night.

Last edited by FranktheP on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:38 am
Limbs

Those cops don't know the depth of what's happening. They probably do assume Walt is that dumb. But even staying in character there, Walt's pride has shown itself to make him really stupid. I'm cool with it.

I'm still rooting for Walt and Skylar. I hope Skylar and the kids ride off into the sunset with all that money. It most certainly won't happen tho.

I'm glad Hank dead. I hope Marie eats it too.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 am
Bob Harris

GrantherBirdly wrote:
My guess is that Jesse is going to pull some chemistry shit like Walt did with Crazy 8 to kill the white-power dudes during a cook.

I was yelling at my lady at the end of the episode "HE'S GOING TO USE SCIENCE TO KILL THEM! SCIENCE!"

I dig the idea that Breaking Bad has been a mad convoluted way of telling kids that science is an important subject.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:23 am
ecapataz

Limbs wrote:

I'm still rooting for Walt and Skylar. I hope Skylar and the kids ride off into the sunset with all that money. It most certainly won't happen tho.

What money? There is none left. The single remaining barrel is with New Hampshire Walt.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:03 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

the other 6 barrels didn't cease to exist
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next