Search
Register
Free Ceschi
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Jonthekingdon

Free Ceschi  Reply with quote  

For those that don't know: Ceschi of Fake Four Inc is in jail for some bullshit. If you have ever cared about his music/life/etc there is a indiegogo link going around with info and ways you can help: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/free-ceschi-help-fake-four
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captiv8

I'll say this: some of the options to help fund Fake Four are incredible, like getting a beat from Factor or having Astronautalis call you up for a chat/freestyle session. I'd say that's well worth the price. Also, the entire Fake Four catalog for $100? A fantastic deal. I think it should be clarified as well that all money raised is to keep Fake Four running, not to get Ceschi out of jail. But then I think, doesn't David Ramos co-run the label? Can other homies not help out? Other than income generated from work Ceschi would do if not in jail, why would the label suddenly hemorrhage funds?
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 am
Jonthekingdon

I don't know the inner workings of Fake Four but I'm sure in a world where music doesn't sell all that well, that most of the money for Fake Four came from Ceschi/David/whoever else helps run the label, but I'm sure without that income while Ceschi is in jail or where ever it was coming from. The label is bound to have issues. I mean how much money has come back after investing in the records/promo/etc. From my own experience I know its costly to get the press that Fake Four has. Publicists cost money, video/recording/etc all cost money.
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
remind

Such a strange and shitty situation. I hope everything works out for Ceschi and Fake Four as best as it can.
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

They made more than double of what they asked for in the first week. I think the label will be fine as that's way more funding than SFR has ever seen outside of the money generated by sales since our inception.

Fake Four as a label isn't the concern at this point. My concern is for Ceschi having to be locked up for so long (although I'm sure glad it wasn't as long as it could have been.) I just hope he keeps his wits about him and stays safe.
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:58 pm
Mikal kHill

Ceschi is one of my favorite humans and I am fortunate to consider him a friend. The sentencing could have went worse than it did, but it's still fucking horrible to think that one of the nicest, most outgoing and humble dudes I've ever known is sitting in a cell right now on some bullshit.

I feel like I'm not really adding anything to the conversation with this post but I don't know what else to say but, "This is fucking terrible."
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 am
angrymushroom

He was lucky to have not gotten more time TBH. I had a friend of mine recently went down for 6 years, federally, charged with the non-violent crime of money laundering (<100k). Ceschi is a great guy. The problem is that the American prisons focus too much on their 'eye for an eye' mentality instead of rehabilitation. It also doesn't help that a good majority of prisoners are low-income and statistically disadvantaged. The prison system is a shit. A big shit.
Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Jump to: