Search
Register
Election shenanigans 2012
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

This reelection is what will really determine Obama's legacy. Will he continue to pussyfoot around with audacity, or will he bend it over backward and ram it home? The time for gentleness and a courtesy spit are over. Am I saying Obama needs to rape America? No. But he does need to get busy and hit the g-spot. No more fiddling around with Republican nipples. No more, "How was it for you?" Just get it done, Prez. Get it done with calculating efficiency and let America know that sometimes you just need a quickie to rejuvenate that ole libido.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Karl Rove's meltdown last night was the best thing I've seen on TV in quite awhile.

Gay marriage! Tammy Baldwin! Elizabeth Warren!

On the other hand:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/the-31-worst-people-on-the-planet
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 am
Eric B

the mean wrote:
Karl Rove's meltdown last night was the best thing I've seen on TV in quite awhile.

On the other hand:

Wow those tweets are sad. That second one's feed is full of ridiculousness. She's 13. And her phone number is posted, I wonder how many calls she's had so far!

"⚓Sarah Coggin⚓ ‏@SarahCoggin13
@kay_jayy12 252-955-0033 "
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am
SFR announcement

I can't quite tell what the feeling is that I have after reading all of those tweets. It's a mix of hate, amusement, disgust, insult, and glee over knowing that these people have to live for at least 8 years under a black leader.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 am
Captiv8

the mean wrote:

On the other hand:

I'm reading that thinking surely this isn't real, these aren't real people, these aren't people who have voting cards and jobs and responsibilities and children. These are someone's sick idea of a joke, right? And then I'm thinking, what a terrible way to live, blaming race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and so many other things dictate your behavior toward other people. Is it so hard just to be a decent human being? I'm not asking people to be Christ-like or beatific or even exceptional. Like, just don't be a dick. Apparently that's too much to ask in 2012. This is why we don't have jetpacks and hoverboards.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 am
Captiv8

All right, apparently major talking point: do you think it is a duty to vote? Do you think that's really just a personal choice?
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 pm
Brynjar

Yes, if you don't like anything on the ballot just return it blank.
Also, if you don't vote you are not allowed (imo) to complain about the result or the impact of that vote.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:27 pm
tommi teardrop

If you don't think voting will make much of a difference, I don't think people should give you shit for it or say that you have no right to complain. There have been elections where I didn't vote because I was completely apathetic about the candidates.

Somedays I still feel like that. But for me the extreme that the republican party has gone to makes me feel like at least it will be a little better with Democrats in charge.

But I totally understand being so disillusioned that you don't think it matters, especially if you think capitalism or the two party system are the main problems.

And honestly seeing people be all proud of themselves for voting, like they just changed the world makes me smh.

On the other hand, I don't get down with people acting like not voting is this monumental protest. But I could envision a situation where both candidates are virtually identical and not voting would be a way to voice your displeasure with the whole system.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Captiv8 wrote:
the mean wrote:
On the other hand:

I'm reading that thinking surely this isn't real, these aren't real people, these aren't people who have voting cards and jobs and responsibilities and children.

100% real.

I checked a bunch of these accounts this morning and people were defending there tweets. Only one account had been deleted. I imagine more are now.

There was a similar list of racist tweets after a black NHL player scored to win a playoff game (series(?)) against Boston. Bunch of high school aged hockey players ended up getting kicked off of their teams for their tweets.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:18 pm
Captiv8

I knew deep down those were all real people. I was just hoping against hope that they weren't. In the immortal words of Forrest Gump, stupid is as stupid does. Sho nuff.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

More:
http://jezebel.com/5958490/twitter-racists-react-to-that-nigger-getting-reelected/gallery/1
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

been getting a lot of pleasure from reading dick morris's reasoning for his impressively inaccurate election predictions and the ensuing comments from his disillusioned and dishearted followers. Enjoy:

http://www.dickmorris.com/why-i-was-wrong/#more-10133

Here's a sample:

Mark Stith Strayer College

Dick Morris, I am still in shock. I drank your kool-aid and that of Karl Rove and did not even consider that Obama would win. In your response to the election above, you first point out the high level of turnout of blacks, latinos and youth. It appears that those three gave Obama the 5 to 6 points, accounting fully for his victory. That is your statement. If that was the case, then you could stop there, since it accounted 'fully for his victory.'

However, you then go on to blame Sandy and Christie. Why would either of these matter if the 5 to 6 point bump accounted fully for his victory, as you mentioned above?

Anyway, as a professional who has been doing this for years, how can you not take into account Sandy and Christie? You had time to analyze the events and their impact. You made your final prediction on Monday November 5.

At this point, I am just sorry that I believed you and Karl and I will not make that mistake again. I am done listening to you. You have lost all credibility with me and I hope that the pain of drinking your kool-aid and the shock of an Obama victory will recede soon.

Have a great life and consider changing professions, as I think that you are useless in politics...
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:46 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

He is getting SLAMMED by fans of his. On his own page. Haha. People who, for some reason, invested their emotions in his predictions? What in holy hell is that about? hahaha. Crazy.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

George Will has always been a Piece of Crap. But his prediction of 321 Electoral votes for Romney was just absurd. He should be out of a job.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm
Plum Puddin'

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/37-people-who-say-theyre-moving-to-australia-if-o

Haha come on over you bastards.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next