Search
Register
"Which Side Are You On?" - new B. Dolan video!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

SFR announcement

"Which Side Are You On?" - new B. Dolan video!  Reply with quote  

http://youtu.be/oKHf1YVATfk

"Which Side Are You On" is the latest single from B. DOLAN'S "HOUSE OF BEES VOL. 2" album, available on CD + MP3 at http://tinyurl.com/houseofbeesvol2
Read the track-by-track breakdown at http://bdolan.net/house-of-bees-vol-2-is-here-track-by-track-breakdown/

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CASE OF CECE MCDONALD AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP AND SUPPORT, CLICK HERE: http://supportcece.wordpress.com/

We urge those who would like to support Cece to donate to the Trans Youth Support Center at the above link.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 am
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Excellent video and song. I'm on the SFR side
Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:13 am
Bring that Beat Back

So good!!!!!!!!!!
Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 pm
remind

Great job, Dolan and behind the scenes people! Makes the song even better.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 pm
Flossin

Great video, good job!

And wow, does Busta make himself look stupid here.
Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:33 am
futuristxen

I like the video, but I cringed a little bit by the very white looking backup band the camera pans back to on the whole "fraud to the culture" line right after the busta scene. I don't really understand the decision to pan back like that at that moment--because it makes it come off as a bunch of white people telling black people about how to act in hiphop. Which I think distracts from the power of the actual message of the song. Am I crazy to have made that connection or where there discussions about that in editing and there was a reason for using that there for that line? I'd be interested to hear if there was a rationale for that, that I'm misunderstanding. It's a very loaded image. Especially given the instruments/music that band seems to be meant to be playing.
Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 pm
al(phonic)

futuristxen wrote:
I like the video, but I cringed a little bit by the very white looking backup band the camera pans back to on the whole "fraud to the culture" line right after the busta scene. I don't really understand the decision to pan back like that at that moment--because it makes it come off as a bunch of white people telling black people about how to act in hiphop. Which I think distracts from the power of the actual message of the song. Am I crazy to have made that connection or where there discussions about that in editing and there was a reason for using that there for that line? I'd be interested to hear if there was a rationale for that, that I'm misunderstanding. It's a very loaded image. Especially given the instruments/music that band seems to be meant to be playing.

you are one of those people that tries so damn hard to not see color that thats all you see. i believe you read WAY too far into something that doesnt exist, and then further interpreted it to colors telling colors how to act in a 'colored' medium

anyways, i love the video. the song always pumps me up due to its message. i love that mr dolan releases material like this. much bigger balls than busta, and 95% of rappers out there. even if they feel this way, most would never write, let alone release, a track like this

well done B! i appreciate you.
Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:34 am
poopsnack

I think that pan back was to illustrate the line about folk music.
Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 am
Flossin

poopsnack wrote:
I think that pan back was to illustrate the line about folk music.

Yeah, that's what I figured, too...
Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 am
iammessage

this song is very good, familiarizing myself with the CECE situation more now.
Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:09 pm
Jack Shitt

I have to have watched this 50 times by now. I think it may even trump Brother Ali's new joint, not that it's a competition.
Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:43 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

i was kinda expecting the crowd reaction at 9:35 the be in the footage somewhere..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bsZnE2uk05Y#t=569s

this is a great video.

was sage playing the upright bass player in the folk band?

i like that F∩CK YO∩R gnarly tee-shirt..
Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:59 pm
futuristxen

al(phonic) wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

you are one of those people that tries so damn hard to not see color that thats all you see. i believe you read WAY too far into something that doesnt exist, and then further interpreted it to colors telling colors how to act in a 'colored' medium

Oh. Well there is certainly that option.
Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Jump to: