Search
Register
Podcasts?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Anyone peep the Duncan Trussel Family Hour?? Duncan was a guest on Lil Esther's podcast Weird Adults. On it they end up having a intiimate confronation about Duncan getting her pregnant. Shit was pretty damn real.
Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 am
Limbs

Shots Fired anyone?

Its... its... its I dunno. I didn't know about cando or weiss before. Neither are very likable to me so far but I've been waiting for a podcast like this so I may be forcing myself to like it. It did hip me to open mike eagle who seems cool. And weiss is an el-p fan so that makes me a bit sympathetic to his cause.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 am
Limbs

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Bill Burr's argument with Redban about Stitcher probably permanently ruined my ability to enjoy Burr's podcast, or even his presence as a guest on Joe Rogan's podcast. Something about professionally likeable people who won't sit still for an idea they don't understand always makes me worry that I don't own enough survival gear or non-perishable food.

Which one was this on? I like Burr. He strikes me as more humble than Rogan at least.

I'll peep the Brennan one. I never gave him a chance after Chappelle.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:21 pm
SergOne

Limbs wrote:
Shots Fired anyone?

Its... its... its I dunno. I didn't know about cando or weiss before. Neither are very likable to me so far but I've been waiting for a podcast like this so I may be forcing myself to like it. It did hip me to open mike eagle who seems cool. And weiss is an el-p fan so that makes me a bit sympathetic to his cause.

I've only recently discovered shots fired. I like nocando but yeah I'm still not 100 on this. The Femi Kuti show was good, that industry one was whatever though, not enough real shots fired.

I like DJ Ayres's Small Talk even if it's just barely started it's been pretty hilarious. Them Jeans' Tall Tales is cool but when he's talking to dudes who only play dance music I get bored of it. The Combat Jack Show is another good one, I'm behind on it but they get some good guests on there. I also just started listening to the NYTimes Music Popcast.

I do a rap podcast called Stay Hatin. We just had DoseOne on the last show, that was fun.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reggie

I must have made more than a hundred tapes of myself as a kid: talking, singing, cracking jokes. My friend and I would record ourselves biting Saturday Night Live skits and replay them over and over for our shared amusement. I have fond memories of making these tapes as a kid, and on the rare occasions that I come across one of the cassettes today, I sneak and listen and try to recapture some of that youthful giddiness.

It doesn't translate to other people, however. If I were to upload one of these tapes to the internet, I might be derided, or lauded, but I doubt anyone could get past sixty seconds from any of it. It's just a couple of kids talking in stupid, pre-pubescent tones, with lots of pregnant pauses and dead air. Many times, we are laughing so roundly at our own jokes, you can even understand what we're saying. There's nothing on those tapes for anyone except for the people involved, since we'll excuse our lack of skill and acumen in favor of our memories.

That's what Shots Fired! is like: a conversation between two friends which holds little to none of my interest. A lot of these podcasters need to get their broadcast game up.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 pm
Limbs

I would love to see hiphop people on nerdist. Even though they don't seem to be hiphop fans they get the fan mindset and I think would satisfy my fanboy. Something I think I'm looking for in Shots Fired since like mentioned they don't really fire shots.

I've got my fingers crossed hardwick will get GZA on through Neil deGrasse Tyson. Hopefully that'll be the start of something.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm
Limbs

Deepee
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm
bigsole
Bought his character on ebay

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

nice sole, ill def check that out.

gonna check out the champ now too.

lastly, how did this get made has ruined my ability to appreciate movies and i love it.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 pm
Limbs

Real good call on the Champs, guys.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 am
Limbs

If anyone misses Rick Moranis as much as I do listen to him on the nerdist from this week. I know dude is annoying but Rick is great on it. Respect out the fucking ass for Rick Moranis.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3