Search
Register
Sage
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

MYOWNCLICHE

Sage  Reply with quote  

I still have so much respect and Love for You. I'm not online as much as I used to be, life keeps me very busy. Every time I hear your music which I still listen to with a passion, I smile a little bit brighter and remember how special my time was here on this forum.
Hope all is well in your world. I'll keep checking the tour schedules.
Pattie
Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:39 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Thank you. But I still think that you're a forum-bot.
Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:39 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i downloaded and subscribed to DAS PROCESS Podcast awhile ago for the greg "craola" simkins interview

just now, opened up itunes to see a sage francis interview downloading for the podcast!

neato
Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

That was a fun conversation we had. If there's a link let me know. I know it's on iTunes but I wonder if it's poster anywhere else.
Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:06 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

that was a great listen, pretty long interview/convo too, i dont know of where it can just stream via web but the whole podcast series so far has been pretty good from what ive heard,

def worth checking for the sage interview and if you like this sorta stuff the other episodes are good too

http://dasprocess.com/
Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Those issues of Weekly World News you just posted are ones that got published after I stopped reading it. In fact, I stopped right at the point when they started the whole "batboy" thing. But before that, they had issues that were filled with plausible material. Plausible to a 10 year old anyway. One of the last issues I bought was one that said that pyramids and a "face" discovered on Mars. And they had pictures of it. This was before anyone else reported on that. Eventually other publications did report on those peculiar images on Mars, using the same photos, which validated WWN in a lot of ways to me, but "experts" have since explained that those shapes were caused by windstorms and shit. I can't say what is or isn't true in regard to that, but the whole "batboy" stuff and everything else featured in WWN since that point made it more of an overt comic zine rather than just a mysterious curiosity with plausible stories. It just became a parody of itself. But it wasn't always an obvious joke.
Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:30 pm
al(phonic)

ive felt the same, like i thought the publication got more ridiculous, but wondering if i just got older/smarter (or more fogged?)

like how kids can see ghosts a lot more than our taught-to-doubt eyes can see
Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 pm
MessiahCarey

I had a subscription to WWN right for years. Still have maybe a hundred of them tucked away in the dungeons of my house. I'd be ashamed of this, but I'm too old for shame.
Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:52 pm
Reggie

While in junior high, I'd hang out at a coffee shop in my neighborhood almost every day after school and during the summer. Sometimes I'd restock the soda shelves, in return for one plain hamburger and free reign to hang around the store all day, cracking wise. I would always read Weekly World News, I thought it was better than the other tabloid rags because it contained relatively little celebrity bullshit. Like Sage, I recall that it became an obvious parody right around the debut of Bat Boy, though it's also likely that I became more wise to the ruse over the three years I spent hanging out in this coffee shop.

I was a big fan of Ed Anger's column, which was a ridiculously overblown neo-conservative editorial space. He would always have brilliant ideas, like turning high schools into prisons and mounting guns on our cars. I even had a collection of his articles published as a book. I kind of knew it was a rub, but sort of held out hope that this was an actual nutcase getting free reign to speak his piece every week in the Weekly World News. Imagine my disappointment when, many years later, I learned that the article was largely written by comic book writer and family friend Bob Greenberger.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 am
poopsnack

I appreciate a thread that brings out a Reggie post.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 pm
Captiv8

This thread is weird in general. It started as a possibly automated reminder of fan appreciate and then was then appropriated for tabloid discussion. I don't know what's happening here, but I like it. More nonsensical threads, please.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

download and listen to the podcast

its a great listen

its easy as 1 2 3

download it / subscribe / listen to sage convo/ if thats all you care about , then unsubscribe it after

easy as 1-2-3-

do it

http://dasprocess.com/

Last edited by Neuro on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 pm
anomaly
Loserface

good a place to put as any to post this. I like this concert; i wish all 13 were still online. Glad I at least ripped the audio before they were taken down by whoever.

Professional asshole kicker.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:14 pm
Jesse

Reggie wrote:
Imagine my disappointment when, many years later, I learned that the article was largely written by comic book writer and family friend Bob Greenberger.
I am holding out parsing that as the more likely "friend of Reggie's family" until I am definitively told that it does not mean "friend of families in general."
Post Tue May 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next