Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

prolyphic81

A PREVIEW OF OUR DOCUMENTARY ON APRIL 5th IN BOSTON  Reply with quote  

"WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL NEVER DIES"
April 5, 2012
at Roxbury Community College Theater
Doors at 6:30pm
FREE EVENT
A documentary preview and musical performances by Bay Holla, Dre Rob, Prolyphic and more

WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL NEVER DIES is a documentary my fiance and I have been working on since December 2011.

In November 2011 before the SFR show at Middle East Cambridge, my fiance, Sandrine Silverman, picked up a Boston Phoenix and started to flipping through it. She noticed an interesting event called Anonymous Boston which was a multi-media exhibition that "explored the interpretations of the effects of community violence, and media’s role throughout urban crime cycles." She pointed it out to me and thought it might be a good place for her to start on her MA degree capstone project. It ran for one or two weeks and we ended up catching the last night of the exhibit. We were both deeply moved and inspired by the pictures, the articles, the mothers of victims who spoke that night and also by the artists who performed. At the closing of the exhibit the creator/director, Joanna Marinova, announced that there was going to be an album made in honor of the victims and each song on the album would be dedicated to a specific victim and their families. As people started filing out and the event came to halt, we sought out Mrs. Marinova. We told her how much we were inspired by her project and we offered to film the making of this album dedicated to street violence victims.
Since mid-December 2011, my fiance and I have been documenting this music project with the blessing of Joanna, her husband Darrell Jones and the victims families. We've met with the artists and families as they've shared memories, expressed frustrations and have shed tears together. We have filmed inside of their homes, filmed personal photos/memorabilia and have documented the making of songs from conception to creation. After 4 months of hard work and dedication, the album's complete and ready to be shared with the world. On April 5, 2012 at the Roxbury Community College theater, the album will be performed live and also at the beginning there will be a ten minute preview of the documentary we've been working on. Anyone who would like to join us, donate or get involved please visit this website:

http://www.facebook.com/events/362737993766054/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/452515485/what-is-beautiful-never-dies
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am
Jared Paul

Excellent stuff, brotha.
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to: