Search
Register
NFL 2012 Season
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Payton suspended for a year. GOLDEN. I only wish I could see his stupid face when he heard that news.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:12 pm
Jared Paul

Captiv8 wrote:
Fucking Drew Brees. Where does he get the gumption to demand an explanation for Payton's suspension? Your whole team messed up bro. Should we waterboard the Saints for the truth?

Boom goes the dynamite!
Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AdamBomb

Sage Francis wrote:
Payton suspended for a year. GOLDEN. I only wish I could see his stupid face when he heard that news.

Hmmm...I think Belichik was more deserving of a year suspension for his shit with Spygate (which was blatant cheating), yet Pats fans were defending him to death at the time. Funny to see so many Pats fans relishing this one.

Saints are gonna be OK (as long as we keep Brees), but I am going to love watching all these fans eat crow when they find out their own teams were doing the same shit. Just a matter of time...
Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:42 pm
JohnSchwan

AdamBomb wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

Hmmm...I think Belichik was more deserving of a year suspension for his shit with Spygate (which was blatant cheating), yet Pats fans were defending him to death at the time. Funny to see so many Pats fans relishing this one.

Saints are gonna be OK (as long as we keep Brees), but I am going to love watching all these fans eat crow when they find out their own teams were doing the same shit. Just a matter of time...

Wrong, spygate wasn't trying to cart people off the field and potentially end their careers. They also weren't warned to stop over 3 times and then Payton continuously lied about it. So many reasons why this was a million times worse.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:13 pm
SFR announcement

JohnSchwan wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

Wrong, spygate wasn't trying to cart people off the field and potentially end their careers. They also weren't warned to stop over 3 times and then Payton continuously lied about it. So many reasons why this was a million times worse.

Yep.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:57 pm
Captiv8

I refuse to believe that more than a handful of teams have engaged or are currently engaging in bounty systems. For one thing, it doesn't really make a lot of fiscal sense. Players are paid a gross amount of money per season to, ya know, defend. Why pay them more for doing something they're already paid to do? If they can't fucking tackle or cover they will be replaced by someone that can. If I'm a coach I don't want a player on my team who needs additional incentive other than a paycheck, love of the game, and what we'll call the Ray Lewis mentality. Second, the mentality of deliberately hurting another player for money is surely beyond most players. Obviously there are a few bad apples out there, but the massive lack of conscience required for a bounty system to work is incredible.
Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:33 am
Captiv8

I listened to Andrew Luck chat it up with Gruden this morning and I've come to the following conclusion: Luck has an annoying voice. He seems like a good dude, and his college football skills are great, but as leader of the team his voice has to be difficult to hear.
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:29 am
Jared Paul

Alright, real talk, why the fuck would the Jets want to bring in Tebow and make it more of a circus over there? Honest to god, I really can't understand any part of it...
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Honestly, I think they had nothing to lose. I can't even see this hurting them. They're already a comedy of errors. Except, in this case, they have the slight possibility of Tebow eventually coming into his own. The cherry on top is that they'll have greater attendance and viewership this year. If nothing else, it makes things much more entertaining for all of us. Thank you, Jets. Thank you very much.
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:44 pm
adic

I have a feeling Tebow will be the starter by the end of the season, Sanchez isn't very good... The jets extending Sanchez's contract and giving him more money, then signing Tebow and having a press conference for the "backup" quarterback is the real head scratcher...

As far as boutygate... I don't see what the big deal is. Football is a violent game. Whether people like to admit it or not, all players on defense are out to hurt the players on offense. That's basically their job. If a guy has a bum leg you can bet the defensive players are taking every chance they get to go a that leg. Coaches even teach the players techniques to do so. Ever hear stories of what happens at the bottom of the pile when all those guys pile up on top of each other? it's not pretty...

If the Saints were obviously coming at players illegally, hitting them from the side or the back when they aren't looking, then that would be different. But I didn't see anyone claiming they were anymore dirty than any other team prior to this. NFL fines guys on the regular for any hit that is borderline illegal. Players also know if they get pinned as the guy going out and playing dirty trying to injure guys that it will come right back to them.

I know it sounds bad, and is probably not the look the NFL wants to promote, but it's part of the game, and nothing really new or outrageous
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 pm
adic

<object></object>

Old school bounty report... Ditka keeps it real at the end...
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 pm
mattrego

After hearing that audio of Williams before the playoff game vs the 49ers and contemplating further, I have now switched my stance. The bounty shit is way worse than spygate. Atrocious. The penalties were not severe enough.
Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 pm
phataccino

adic wrote:
<object></object>

Old school bounty report... Ditka keeps it real at the end...

haha...this is great. This makes all the hype over post-game handshakes and shit that we hear about now seem like child's play. These guys are straight up calling each other out. Any one of Johnson, Ryan, or Ditka's comments would create a media firestorm today.
Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:39 pm
Limbs

Does anyone else just want the players to have spikes on their helmets? Just play the fucking game.
Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 pm
poopsnack

Shocked and saddened to head about Junior Seau today. 2nd NFL (or former NFL) player to kill themself in 6 weeks. Both by shooting themselves in the chest.
Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next