Search
Register
10 years?! personal journals
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

FranktheP

I adopted my daughters when they were 14 and 9. Sage was the first artist that we all shared a love for...my youngest was upset when she listened to "Sea Lion" and couldn't understand why his Mom would let him hurt his hands! "Different" was the first track on PJ that they fell for..."Runaways" touched a nerve for obvious reasons and so did "Scars". At that time I was searching for anything to share with them and have something to talk about and this ablum (and Sage in general) did it for me. This album took me a bit to get into but I easily put it in my top 5 of all time (and just ahead of "Hope"). An autograph copy hangs on the wall of my living room and will always hang somewhere in any apt/house I live in. I have no idea what it must be like as an artist to wirte something that just reasonates with such a diverse set of people like this album does. I always thought it is like being a parent and your baby (album) goes on to be a good human being and does well for others. That's just me.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

FranktheP wrote:
I always thought it is like being a parent and your baby (album) goes on to be a good human being and does well for others. That's just me.

good take on "the baby stays"
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 am
tommi teardrop

I was blown away that sage went in on the sixtoo beats from duration. At the time, that was my favorite record, and to hear lyrics over it made me cream my panties a little.

It doesn't feel like 10 years ago. Makes me feel old.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am
futuristxen

That album was the soundtrack to a lot of life's traumas for me. I remember how excited I was for it to be released, and looking forward to it for the longest time. My CD for it bit the dust a long long time ago though. Eviction Notice was my jam off of that.
Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 am
xGasPricesx

This album is definitely my black sweatshirt.
Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:28 pm
firefly

Very happy I picked up the vinyl. I lost my CD awhile back and was meaning to pick it up. This album sounds so nice on wax and it's a perfect sit down album.

I still remember what I was doing 10 years ago when I heard the album the first time. I was packing my shit up, getting ready to move out on my own for the first time. I feel like I was a scared little boy compared to who I am now. I was about to embark on a journey to try and figure out who I am and what I wanted to do with my life. I'm very happy that 10 years later I've found that direction I so badly craved.

I don't listen to PJ often and I like it that way because it will always take me back to that time whever I do. I feel that if I listen to it too much it won't be the same anymore.
Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2