Search
Register
pants
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Jesse

pants  Reply with quote  

I wore a hole in my best pair of jeans last week. By "best," I mean, "the only pair that hasn't had a hole in the crotch for more than a year." I guess I also mean I like the way they fit more than lots of other jeans.

I've always found it difficult to buy clothes I like. I'm fat, and I'm particular. It's very important to me to to represent a fit that's more or less straight out of a rap video from 1992-1995. I wear my jeans low, and I want them baggy.

I'm sure the users of this forum represent a range of styles and preferences - is anyone else trying to do the same thing? If so... where the hell do you shop? Sage tried to put me onto Dickies once, and they are among the few clothiers who address my size really at all, but I'm not really looking for a fit I've ever seen from them.

It makes me feel like shit to have busted gear, but rent is struggle every month so clothing will always be pushed way to the back. I'm not even trying to look super dipped or co-ordinate with my limited edition dunks or anything, I just want to not show my junk off on the bus by accident.

What are cats doing for pants around here? Whether similar or totally different from me, it all just makes me curious.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm
tommi teardrop

I've been wearing Levi's 514s (slim straights) for about 5 years now. Depending on how fat/skinny I am, I can wear 33/32s or 32/32s. Sometimes 32 is way too long. I swear every pair fits differently. But I'm at a stage now wear I have 3-4 that fit well and another 2-3 that fit alright. I got one pair of gray Calvin strait legs but even those are a little too baggy for my taste. Cant get down with the skinnys though either.

I have two pairs of jeans that I refuse to give up on. They've both been patched a number of times and my lady is probably embarrassed every time I wear em. But they are the best.

The bad part of having multiple pairs of jeans is that none of them ever get worn down properly.

For work I wear slacks. Calvin slims or ultra slims, same sizes as the Levis.

And I don't ever wear shorts unless I'm swimming. Something about a grown man in shorts just makes me smh.

I used to rock Dickies double knees every day. I also went through a brown corduroy phase as well.

These days it's all Levi's.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:10 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

pants, much like stop signs, are optional.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:16 pm
phataccino

I am firmly in the "fuck pants" camp. I wear them to work because I have to, but other than that I rock almost strictly shorts, snow and freezing weather be damned.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

baggy jeans all day every day

nothin else, no shorts, no khakis

no hardcore sagging either, and not super baggy jnco baggy no

regular baggy

brand names dont matter

baggy jeans all day everyday
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:52 pm
RealJustice

I own two pairs of Carhartt denims that have slowly become my favorites. Thick ass denim, they took about 6 months to get super flexible, and have (this is crucial) the right sized pockets. I don't know how well they fare with the larger sizes but my 34/32s fit my body type well, provided I have a belt.

As I write this, I am wearing a pair of Izod jeans right now that might be in your wheelhouse, Jesse. Baggier than any Levis I've ever had, and really comfortable. HOWEVER, they have absurdly deep pockets. If you like sticking a 1/3 of your arm in a pocket to get your cellphone/keys/change, then you just might love them. I got them at Marshalls for like 16 bucks.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm
Eric B

tommi teardrop wrote:
I've been wearing Levi's 514s (slim straights) for about 5 years now. Depending on how fat/skinny I am, I can wear 33/32s or 32/32s. Sometimes 32 is way too long. I swear every pair fits differently. But I'm at a stage now wear I have 3-4 that fit well and another 2-3 that fit alright. I got one pair of gray Calvin strait legs but even those are a little too baggy for my taste. Cant get down with the skinnys though either.

I have two pairs of jeans that I refuse to give up on. They've both been patched a number of times and my lady is probably embarrassed every time I wear em. But they are the best.

The bad part of having multiple pairs of jeans is that none of them ever get worn down properly.

For work I wear slacks. Calvin slims or ultra slims, same sizes as the Levis.

And I don't ever wear shorts unless I'm swimming. Something about a grown man in shorts just makes me smh.

I used to rock Dickies double knees every day. I also went through a brown corduroy phase as well.

These days it's all Levi's.

I like the 514's, but I have since switched to the 513's. Very similar, but the waist is a little higher and the leg is more tapered. They are awesome, except there aren't many washes available yet.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

You need to skip the jeans and go straight for the kilt.

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 pm
mancabbage

Neuro wrote:
baggy jeans all day every day

nothin else, no shorts, no khakis

no hardcore sagging either, and not super baggy jnco baggy no

regular baggy

brand names dont matter

baggy jeans all day everyday

I'm the same
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 pm
Captiv8

RealJustice wrote:
Thick ass denim, they took about 6 months to get super flexible, and have (this is crucial) the right sized pockets.

I don't know why, but this struck me as ridiculously funny. Why is the pocket size crucial? Please do tell.

I'm strictly a Levi's man when it comes to jeans, but I'm a bit more flexible with chinos and dressier pants. I did just buy a pair of Levi's 514 work slacks and they're amazing. Super comfortable AND stylish. I used to be more into the boot cut, but then I realized that was sort of absurd.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 pm
remind

I've turned into an Express guy. I'm not sure when this happened exactly but I do like the way their jeans fit on me. And I do get lots of compliments, usually. I'm not sure about the range of their sizes, Jesse. I kinda just get my shit and bounce. Have you tried Wrangler jeans? What brand was your best pair?
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm
Plum Puddin'

HEY REMIND, NICE JEANS BRO!
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:18 pm
remind

Haha thanks man.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 am
anomaly
Loserface

old navy jeans; $22 and I'm out the door. Kohl's khaki work pants for $20.

Jeah boi
Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next