Search
Register
I was in shock, now I'm just bored.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ROTTY

desert penguin wrote:
Lants may or may not be smoking meth, but he has a point. There has not been one single shred of legitimate evidence presented to prove that OM3N hasn't been raping his way across Thailand for as long as he's been there.

I mean, are we really going to let an accused rapist transcribe a text message from his "alleged" victim and just call it good!?

Haha..i read this in a Charlie Brooker voice. Genius!
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 am
Rob-Raz

I am still trying to figure out why some are still more uncomfortable with Omen's description of this female than with her own actions of destroying/stealing his property and assaulting him.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:54 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Rob-Raz wrote:
I am still trying to figure out why some are still more uncomfortable with Omen's description of this female than with her own actions of destroying/stealing his property and assaulting him.

Clearly he's at fault, why else would a woman act irrationally?
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 am
laurapalmer

Rob-Raz wrote:

Because the whole account is through his lens/filter and if the description of the female is disturbing, it leaves the events questionable.

Plus, in the past he has posted about addiction issues...which makes you wonder how judgement would be hampered. That was proven out later when he talked about being in no shape to perform sexually and not really knowing what went down. Then you bonus in his posting of a photo of his girlfriend, and you are like wait...you brought home a stranger and have a girlfriend? So, now there are all kinds of things that might lead to the temper flaring from something said while incapacitated, to something done while incapacitated, to something not done, to pictures of the girlfriend, to his girlfriends texts or messages on his SIM card, etc.

Bottom line, and i never commented on rape-just the creepy photo, this thread was pretty reasonable given all the hits it contained. And the vitriol on both sides is pretty justifiable.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Captiv8 wrote:
The word "rape" has been so depreciated in value on this forum that it might as well be JeMarcus Russell.

You guys are way too hung up on the word "rape." You know who else is hung up on the word "rape"? Rapists!

Check out these questions, asked in a survey of male college students:

Quote:

(1) Have you ever been in a situation where you tried, but for various reasons did not succeed, in having sexual intercourse with an adult by using or threatening to use physical force (twisting their arm, holding them down, etc.) if they did not cooperate?
(2) Have you ever had sexual intercourse with someone, even though they did not want to, because they were too intoxicated (on alcohol or drugs) to resist your sexual advances (e.g., removing their clothes)?
(3) Have you ever had sexual intercourse with an adult when they didnít want to because you used or threatened to use physical force (twisting their arm; holding them down, etc.) if they didnít cooperate?
(4) Have you ever had oral sex with an adult when they didnít want to because you used or threatened to use physical force (twisting their arm; holding them down, etc.) if they didnít cooperate?

Notice that none of them specifically use the "r-word." And, when you don't use the "r-word" ó rapists are forthcoming. 6% of the men, regular college students, in this survey answered yes to at least one of these questions. And, of those who answered yes, when asked how many times, they answered about 5.8 times per person. That's how often ostensibly normal college student dudes admit to rape ó as long as you don't call it rape. So stop fucking acting like rape and normal everyday rapists are some kind of difficult-to-find-in-the-wild liger-type species.

People acting like it was completely outlandish to think that OM3N's originally "we did what we did" was yada-ing a potential rape are part of the problem. I mean, cripes! Dude was very specific about the name of the road they met on, what time everything happened, and so forth but wasn't being exactly forthcoming about what happened between talking in a circle on Khao San road and the woman waking up being all crazy and shit. Again, I didn't say anything because I was hoping the thread would turn out, more or less like it did and that it would be in bad taste to accuse someone, who may be an innocent victim, of a terrible crime. But the question, up to a point, was certainly reasonable. And I'm glad OM3N cleared that shit up.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 am
redball

I can only regret having assumed that Om3n had sex with this woman, otherwise I'm fine with my contributions to this thread. Especially when I said that nothing of use would come out of it back on page 3.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:09 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

redball wrote:
I can only regret having assumed that Om3n had sex with this woman, otherwise I'm fine with my contributions to this thread. Especially when I said that nothing of use would come out of it back on page 3.

I still can't get over the fact that he didn't have sex with this woman. Also, for the record, I've never understood the "whiskey dick" phenomenon. Never happened to me! And I drink a lot of whiskey.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:12 am
Limbs

Man, you're lucky. Happens to me enough to be frustrating. I started popping ginko. It's helping.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

icarus502 wrote:
redball wrote:

I still can't get over the fact that he didn't have sex with this woman. Also, for the record, I've never understood the "whiskey dick" phenomenon. Never happened to me! And I drink a lot of whiskey.

Actually, me too. Well I don't drink a lot of whiskey but never experienced this problem. Then again, I've never drank to the point of blackout before either so maybe they go hand-in-hand? I've certainly been drunk to the point where it took a long time, but there was no issue getting it up.

And thus, the SFR has deduced, the link between rapists and whiskey dick.

edit: Oh sorry limbs :(
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:21 am
Raoul DeGroot

I just don't get why he doesn't seem at all curious to ask the girl what the heck happened now that she's mildly coherent again. That'd have been a big deal to me. I don't buy people just 'going crazy'. There's always a reason. Even if its a crazy reason.
O3MN seems like a bit of an avoidant guy in general though I guess.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:35 am
remind

Whiskey dick = dildo
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 am
Captiv8

Icarus, you're talking about people that essentially had to be told that what they were doing constituted rape. I took for granted, wrongly it seems, that reasonable people would understand what rape entails. Or that people are reasonable.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:57 am
mzehe916

When OM3N replied with "What the fuck?" to the rape question I thought that would end the rape thing. Now, I'm not stupid enough to think that a person couldn't rape someone unintentionally (as Ic's stats would show). But we all knew that there were major pieces of the story missing. I just found it amazing how the rape allegations snowballed like they did. I've seen women being aggressive towards men before and I never thought, "oh hmm...maybe she was raped." It was always more, "damn, I wonder what the fuck that is all about."

But OM3N, I will say this. Get your problem with the drink handled. I forgot about your old post where you basically admitted to being an alcoholic. And now this. I mean, really. Impotent, alcoholic, and a roach problem...dude, I'm painting a picture right now and it isn't awesome at all.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:41 pm
Limbs

tommi teardrop wrote:
I think the lesson is, even if someone talks about a girl in a way that makes you uncomfortable, rape or sexual assault shouldn't be your go to assumption unless you know that someone has claimed that a rape went down.

That's silliness. I think if you get even a whiff of rape you should investigate it. There should be no shame in that.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:06 pm
Jesse Custer

icarus502 wrote:

Notice that none of them specifically use the "r-word." And, when you don't use the "r-word" ó rapists are forthcoming. 6% of the men, regular college students, in this survey answered yes to at least one of these questions. And, of those who answered yes, when asked how many times, they answered about 5.8 times per person. That's how often ostensibly normal college student dudes admit to rape ó as long as you don't call it rape. So stop fucking acting like rape and normal everyday rapists are some kind of difficult-to-find-in-the-wild liger-type species. .

A piece of anecdotal evidence to back this up as when it happened it was a real eye-opener to this fact to me - On another forum I post on there was a thread about various amusing or embarrassing drunken tales and some guy popped up with a rape tale of appalling detail with everything but the word rape, expecting laughs and high fives. Needless to say they were not forthcoming.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next