Search
Register
I was in shock, now I'm just bored.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Limbs

I am by no means making light of rape. I don't think anyone is. I do apologize if anyone took it that way. I do think it's a fair point to address given the details we have been given.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much about a dumb Internet post. The whole thing might be some bro braggy shit or completely fabricated.

But I think the line of where rape is is a worthwhile discussion if nothing else.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm
Limbs

redball wrote:
Yeah, I guess he wouldn't need to be a psychopath. It could be that he realized that he either intentionally or unintentionally raped a girl and decided to come to the forum and tell a skewed version of events in the hopes that people in his safe haven would tell him that he didn't do anything wrong.

That's what I was thinking.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 pm
mancabbage

as long as there wasn't a midget in the cupboard with a gun and a fly suit or whatever the fuck the lil fella was doing in there when r kelly found it, cos that would explain it also
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:48 pm
redball

Well, I think that intoxication muddies the rape waters a lot. For instance, I'm not particularly fond of the whole thing where if two intoxicate heterosexuals have sex then the male is the de-facto rapist. There's lots of considerations, like whether she truly consented, how intoxicated she really was, whether he knew of her intoxication and took advantage of it. Lots of details that we'll never truly know.

Another thing to think about is the cultural aspect of this. This happened in Thailand. Who here knows what they consider to be rape? What do they consider to be inappropriate sexual behavior? Where is the legal line drawn? I mean, it could be that she consented and everything but woke up in the morning regretful and of the belief that a responsible man would not have acted on her consent. I don't know enough about the culture to say.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 pm
z-spot22

in other news, is Flo Rida actually from Florida? i am literally going screwy over here having seen his name in print for the first time yesterday and just now realizing it spells Florida......

shock

literal
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 pm
Sarcastro

redball wrote:
Well, I think that intoxication muddies the rape waters a lot. For instance, I'm not particularly fond of the whole thing where if two intoxicate heterosexuals have sex then the male is the de-facto rapist. There's lots of considerations, like whether she truly consented, how intoxicated she really was, whether he knew of her intoxication and took advantage of it. Lots of details that we'll never truly know.

Another thing to think about is the cultural aspect of this. This happened in Thailand. Who here knows what they consider to be rape? What do they consider to be inappropriate sexual behavior? Where is the legal line drawn? I mean, it could be that she consented and everything but woke up in the morning regretful and of the belief that a responsible man would not have acted on her consent. I don't know enough about the culture to say.

So Omen, I think what Redball, and all of us really, are trying to say here is, why'd you rape her? why'd you rape this poor girl Omen? why'd you do it?
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:57 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

maybe he recorded their night on the computer and she found that

hmmmmmm?
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

"Literally" is not an intensifier.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:11 pm
CaptainFantasy

My money is on cultural differences. Psychopathic is so open to interpretation that the difference between a rapist and a psychopathic rapist is really non-existent in my mind. To rape in the first place there would definitely be something wrong up top making all rapists psychopathic.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:16 pm
Limbs

breakreep wrote:
"Literally" is not an intensifier.

I was waiting for that. Thanks for saying it.

Cultural differences is a great point I didn't consider. I'm ignorant in a lot of that but I do know in a few Asian areas the lines are kinda wonky. Some suggestive touching is more accepted than suggestive words.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 pm
redball

The psychopathic part would be to think nothing of it and post it here as if she just freaked out over nothing. If you knew that you raped her and only found her reaction to be remarkable that would be the mark of a psychopath or an antisocial personality disorder.

Rape is generally about impulse control and/or assertion of power. A rapist typically knows they have done something wrong and will likely feel remorse at some point thereafter. Over time they will likely seek out an explanation that blames the victim and excuses their actions. The distorted view of the events can easily replace reality over time such that the rapist truly believes they are in the right, at which point they will see themselves as the victim and will cease to feel any remorse. That takes time, though.

So psychopathy is not required, but it would be more in line with an almost immediate reaction that lacks remorse. That's why I said that.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:32 pm
Limbs

CaptainFantasy wrote:
My money is on cultural differences. Psychopathic is so open to interpretation that the difference between a rapist and a psychopathic rapist is really non-existent in my mind. To rape in the first place there would definitely be something wrong up top making all rapists psychopathic.

That is quite a broad brush you're painting with. There is A LOT of grey areas on this topic.

Oh, and we are dealing with the male point of view in the thread specifically, so as a fellow male, I can see through some bullshit. His willingness to post this experience on the Internet without crucial details leads me to believe the responsibility is on him.

But again, maybe if we had more to go on we could connect the dots a little better.

She came back the next day? Maybe it was a case of drunken consent then guilt.

Maybe omen needs to show some compassion and take some responsibilty regardless.

Or he's bro bragging.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:33 pm
Rob-Raz

WOW.....I am amazed at how quick OMEN has been labeled a rapist in this thread. Seriously.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:34 pm
Limbs

Amazed? Really?

And no one is labeling. Just wasting time speculating.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:41 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Before when I wasted time I played skyrim. Now Im gonna start wastin time callin people rapers.
Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next