Search
Register
Iphone 4s vs Android Bionic.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Disharmony

Iphone 4s vs Android Bionic.  Reply with quote  

Hello all.

I am going to be switching from sprint to Verizon this month and I was looking into both the iphone and the bionic. They both seem to have their pros and cons, I was just hoping to get some insight from those of you who own either of these phones.

I just want an all around good phone for minimal talking, moderate texting, applications and some web browsing. I've read that the bionic is the more powerful and customizable device, but iphone is the sleeker, less cluttered counterpart.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 pm
anomaly
Loserface

this debate has been on here plenty.

iPhone won. Get an iPhone.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:50 pm
Disharmony

Oh really? Link?
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:58 pm
Captiv8

I don't know much about the differences between the two. I went with the iPhone 4s though because I enjoy Apple products and I needed a new iPod. That was enough for me. So far the phone has been dreamy, but this is coming from somebody that has never had a smart phone before.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:15 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

i have a bionic. i never had a smart phone before either, so i don't really have a frame of reference for comparison.

i could never do a iphone because i hate itunes. i also like that the droid has expandable memory. it comes with 8gb internal and a 16gb micro sd card, which i just replaced with a 32gb card (so i have 40gb total).

the biggest downside is that it burns through the battery power. fully charged in the morning and it'll be dead by bedtime even with just medium usage. i bought a back up battery so i'm set for long bus rides and the like but it's still a hassle to keep the thing charged.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:23 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

crash wrote:
long bus rides

?
Do you take long bus rides often?
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:31 pm
Asterax

icarus502 wrote:
crash wrote:
long bus rides

?
Do you take long bus rides often?

I won't speak from him, but Boltbus/Megabus from DC to Philadelphia, New York City or Boston are why I am often using my smartphone on a long bus ride.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:35 pm
Captiv8

External memory capacity would be nice. Man. I've looked up a bunch of different tricks to optimize my battery power. Little things like turning off the locator, turning down the brightness, and turning off push-forwarding have really helped. With moderate usage I can go through an entire day with about 50% of my battery left.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 pm
spagucci-one

iPhone 4s hands down
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:45 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

iphone is my preference, just seems way smoother , simple and easy friendly ,while still being an advanced lil handheld computer basicly

i really like the new io5 update

how you can wireless sync your phone to the computer

the photostream is great

double click the home button and you can go straight to the camera

the notifications are way better now

imessage even though i havent used it much
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm
mancabbage

how do you make it do wireless sync?
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

to set it up you have to plug it in like normal, go to your iphone in itunes- summary and you have to check in the box to wireless sync, i restarted itunes dont know if you have to, and when itunes is open it should automaticly detect your phone and you will see it like if it was plugged in , also go to your settings ap in the phone go to General and then itunes wi fi sync, you can do from the phone like that or from the computer, if you leave your phone plugged into a power source its also supposed to automaticly sync if needed
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:33 pm
redball

Most important part: I think that the S2 is the best phone on the market right now, but it's not on Verizon. So you have to take the second best, which is by far the iPhone 4S.

Motorola makes pretty hearty hardware, but I am very unimpressed with their version of Android. It seems that the people I know who are most unsatisfied with their Android phones all have Motorolas. They tend to be the most locked down, which means rooting is more likely to brick your phone.

Samsung's Galaxy line has a nice version of the OS. The Galaxy SII (S2) isn't available on Verizon because next year we're getting the Nexus which is by Samsung this time around. HTC has Sense UI, which I think is the nicest version, but their current generation of phones have terrible battery life.

The Nexus will probably be the best phone on the market when it comes out, but that's still several months away. By then you'll probably be happy enough with your iPhone, and have enough ownership bias, that you won't even consider switching. Should you reconsider, know that the aftermarket price for the iPhone 4S will likely still be incredibly high.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:38 pm
Eric B

Do you foresee customizing your phone? If not, an iphone is fine. If you want to have more control over your phone, get an Android.

The home screen is enough to make my decision. I don't want a screen that's just a bunch of icons. I'd rather have useful widgets.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 pm
mancabbage

cheers neuro, think i've sorted it.

can't wait till that siri thing is on os x aswell and can integrate with your phone, could be on the train telling your mob to get your comp to download a movie and start it as soon as you're sat in front of your mac, bonkers

Imagine in the future, people will have used siri from birth, it will know everything about them, one day you might be able to give it a unique voice.. people are gona get attached to cybernet. fucked
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next