Search
Register
Tron has a wheelchair! (updated with happy pics)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

icarus502 wrote:
I've been following this in various social media. It's really sad. I'm touched by the depth of your commitment, Lants. Wish things were better.

If memory serves you're anti-dog ownership, right? If so, your comment is more poignant.

My girlfriend and I got our dog back from the groomer's recently and he had a bulging, swollen scabby lump thingy right at the base of his tiny dog penis. Thankfully it went away on its on. We figured the groomer had probably nicked him while trimming and didn't bother to tell us. Point is, some groomers are unscrupulous and don't treat the animals they're charge with as well as they should. I'm really sorry about this, Lants. Seriously sad stuff.

On a happier note, I love that your dog is named Tron. Absolutely stellar.

Last edited by Captiv8 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

:( sorry

what couldve caused that?

poor lil pups, seems like a happy lil fella even how he is

hope he gets well, ..one of those wheel chair devices would be good for him i think
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:38 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Captiv8 wrote:
Point is, some groomers are unscrupulous and don't treat the animals they're charge with as well as they should

my buster used to go for a bit and we noticed some weird bump/scap type things all over him, im not sure at all what it was from, allergic reaction to a soap or something it seemed, i dunno something didnt seem right and never took him there or any groomers since, better to just do it yourself , no problems like that since
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I made it about 38 seconds into that video before I had to turn it off. I'm really sorry to hear.

think the groomer dropped him somehow? maybe we can get an SFR posse to go down there and get some answers
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:49 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I've been reading your posts, too. I always have a little comment to leave you but end up deleting it because, what can I say?

Like everyone else has pointed out, your dedication is awesome. There are people who would have given him up, or left him on the side of the road (I've rescued a dog this way...so sad). Even if he needs a lil doggie wheel chair, I'm sure with your love and persistence he'll find a new normal and live a happy, fulfilling life. Despite all this he seems like a happy fellow?
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:44 pm
empti

So after the anti-inflammatory injection your pup went even further down hill? Do you know exactly what it was they injected? Dex or Depo? The injection could have played a major part in worsening the state of the original injury.

Either way i'm sorry to hear bout your homie, dude.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:08 pm
Disharmony

The video actually made me hopeful and not sad at all. The dog is scooting around and seems to have a good attitude. I remember on tv there are all type of stories about dogs missing legs and things of that nature living healthy and productive lives. Remember that one dog who only had hind legs so it ran around all creepily?

Keep your chin up and if you love your dog(it looks like you do a lot), his/her quality of life will be just fine.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:48 pm
Bring that Beat Back

Sorry to hear this. Cudos on persevering.

Dog's don't need much to be genuinely happy. And being loved goes the furthest towards this.

My 15 year old dog died this afternoon. I'm a mess. The house feels so different.

Wishing you and the dog the best.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:37 pm
Lants

wow. firstly i didn't think anyone would be interested. and secondly - i am so sorry to all the people who cried watching this. it was supposed to be a happy video. the song was supposed to be a kind of joke about how Tron and Jaws are always playing like they are having a small puppy war between them. and even though she can't really get far on her own, she still gives it a go anytime he comes within range.

Tron and Jaws are basically my children. for a number of reasons, i never plan to have any people kids. my family and friends all treat these two like they are real children. there was never any question of me giving up on her no matter the cost or inconvenience.

thank you for all the messages of support. i really appreciate it a lot. right now things are stressful, tiring and sometimes crushingly helpless.

as for suing, reporting, following up the groomer - in theory i would like to put energy into this because they have clearly made a pretty serious mistake. our theory is that she fell off the table or something. but honestly going into all that will just take up energy that i do not have. i also signed a waiver with them as part of the forms i filled to take them there. i never thought anything of it at the time.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm
Lants

empti wrote:
So after the anti-inflammatory injection your pup went even further down hill? Do you know exactly what it was they injected? Dex or Depo? The injection could have played a major part in worsening the state of the original injury.

Either way i'm sorry to hear bout your homie, dude.

honestly i have no idea what they gave her. i was absolutely terrified at the time and everything is a blur.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:20 pm
redball

I don't think it's lack of interest, people just don't know how to react. I saw this and have followed it, but I don't think I said anything because I haven't been able to deal with things like this for the last month. Not for lack of interest or lack of sympathy. Suffice to say, know that I care.

I had to put my cat down last year. She was in the advanced stages of renal failure and we just couldn't watch her body shut down anymore. I was with her to the end, and it was, up to that point, the hardest thing I'd ever done. Not just that moment, but the weeks of watching her grow weaker, eat less, drink less, and eventually that last week of her shutting down, not eating at all, unable to stand.

And she was old, somewhere around 15. When we got her she was an adult so we don't know. It's harder when they're young and healthy and don't have a chance to grow old. It's hard when you know that something went wrong and someone messed up. I acutely understand this at this point.

I doubt a lawsuit will make things easier. I'd think long and hard about whether it's worth it. Not saying that you shouldn't, but count me in the list of people who favor that you move on.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 pm
Szechwan

If it's any consolation, had that video not been synced with sad music it would look like a dog that doesn't seem to give a fuck that it's paralyzed.

Terrible situation regardless, but at least he doesn't seem to be in much pain.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:10 pm
Jesse Custer

Bring that Beat Back wrote:

My 15 year old dog died this afternoon. I'm a mess. The house feels so different.

Wishing you and the dog the best.

Sorry for your loss dude.

It's been a few years and I still expect our dog to come running to the door everytime I go to my parents' house.

On the plus side, the other night I had a great dream that I took in a really friendly golden retriever. I couldn't decide what to name him.
Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 am
Lants

Finally some good news!

Tron is not walking yet.. but she is showing signs that she definitely will sometime soon. Very excited :)
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:32 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Thats good to hear. I was actually wondering about this one day
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next