Register
Random Video Thread (prt 5)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
Dammit, man...I suppose me being so pumped about something like this is sad in itself.

Not really.

I think we are becoming so used to seeing videos like this go in a different way.

Ugh. Speaking of how we're so used to seeing videos like this go a different way, here's footage of what happened to this guy soon after the video you shared:

I am incredibly disturbed by this. This is fucking with me right now. Here is his explanation of what happened:

And, as an added twist, here is a video where this same guy (a Baptist pastor) is advocating the death of Obama:

The fuck.

All around.

The fuck.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:10 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Jesus, I'm rollin' with you.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:30 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

pssssshhhh haha ah man
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 am
Plum Puddin'

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm
Plum Puddin'

Haha wow. So in the new Call of Duty the "enemy boss" is the "leader" of the 99%??

Hold onto your tinfoil hats!
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:13 pm
DeadAwake

Two points about the pastor ordeal. The fickleness of mens ego and the impulse of revenge engendered within them when the composure of the ego is disurbed. It seems to be common place, people being controlled, enslaved by their impulse for revenge. Ive observed it in some one of blood relation to me and in a used-to-be close friend. Ive seen the whole process unfurl in them. Im being really obvious, but that is what is playing out here. I firmly believe that if things are to change, people have to work on themselves first, instead of relying on policy, societal conditions and external measures. That comes into the picture too, but it is secondary.

Ive questioned the police on how they screen people in the recruitment process. Of course, they are reluctant to divulge this info. But i can ensure you it has nothing to do with gauging the touchiness of their ego or their inclination towards revenge. I believe, hose are crucial areas to be assessed whenever someone is given a position of power. It is plain to see that these two usually interconnected aspects are major players in altercations of many varieties: disputes, fights and wars.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:04 am
xGasPricesx

Wait... What?
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:57 am
DeadAwake

About what i said, gasprices?

I will try to give what i said context in relation to the pastors ambush.

What i gather from the four videos of the pastor being hassled and assaulted by the border police, is that the man caused
'trouble' for the officers by exercising his constitutional rights. Authority figures (and from my perceptions many individuals)
tend to possess a temperamental sense of pride. In authority figures, i believe, they become adjusted and eventually addicted to
domineering and subjugating people through their work, if they havent already had this mannerism cemented within their psyche.
Think alpha-male concept. In people who cant do this in their job, do so in their interactions with people, by getting their way,
assuming an air of dominance, and i believe its these people who have a strong urge, or are even commanded from the inside-out,
to exact revenge.

The way S.Anderson expressed himself rubbed them the wrong way, by him being adamant in his non-compliance. I would go as far to
say that his assualt was pre-destined from the first video. Im basing this on the assumption that the video at day of him
being let through check points was on the same day/night as the tasering situation. They marked his license plate, passed it on
to further check points and came up with a way to detain/punish him. Night/early mornings of course being preferred to day/night
for an attack.

I think a lot of power struggles and conflicts follow along the same lines. Someone perceives their sense of pride/superiority
ego to be threatened and from that they have a urge all the way to an compulsion to get back at the one who they feel made them
feel like that. I have seen it in people, they are controlled by that impulse. Like i said earlier, The fickleness of peoples ego
and the impulse of revenge engendered within them when the composure of the ego is disturbed.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:20 am
MCGF

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/04/pastor_tased_and_beaten_at_che.php

Apparently he was acquitted of the two misdemeanors he was charged with ("failure to obey a lawful order" and "obstructing a public highway"). I can't find anything about how his lawsuit against the police brutality turned out, so I assume they settled the case out of court.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am
Flossin

Congrats, mancabbage!
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:52 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 pm
kese

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
anomaly
Loserface

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

kese wrote:

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:13 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Sage Francis wrote:
Plum Puddin' wrote:
Check Points?

Fucckkkkkk, that was inspiring to watch. Thank you for sharing that video. These "check points" are often in the southern territories of America (near the Mexican border) and it's fucking awesome to watch a guy know his rights and exercise them in such a confident and effective manner. Dammit, man...I suppose me being so pumped about something like this is sad in itself.

It looks to me like after he started arguing with them, they ran his plates, looked up his driver's license from his vehicle's registration, and cleared him through the checkpoint without forcing him to answer a direct question they had another way of getting answered.

I want to see what would have happened if he'd done this in somebody else's car, or if he'd done this with a passenger in the vehicle who was similarly refusing to answer questions.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 107, 108, 109  Next