Search
Register
"8MM" video by Metermaids.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Oh, no doubt about that. The views will continue to climb. But since we were at 2500 after the first few days of it being released I figured with an extra push we could hit 4K by the end of the week. And, wouldn'tcha know it, that prompting to get people interested in helping out by sharing it actually won the Metermaids a lot of new fans. Lots of people saying this is the first time they heard of the group and they're fans now. And that, my friends, is the goal.

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Got almost a thousand new views in the past 14 hours, not bad. It's a great track. The beat is very Premier-esque.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 am
Jesse

My Canadian irony was lost!

I didn't do much to promote it (shame on me), but I did watch it several times, and I was only guessing/joking that it had been slightly past midnight EST when it rolled past 4K.

I was hoping it would be more obvious that I thought a great job had been done all around. I would also buy this record on the strength of the guest line-up alone.

I'm not so fickle, dudes!
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Well since I hadn't recalled any mention from you in regard to the Metermaids or this upcoming project, I figured this was your way of expressing Canadian disdain. Pardon me. I have to maneuver through passive-aggressiveness every day.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:55 pm
Jesse

Sage Francis wrote:
Well since I hadn't recalled any mention from you in regard to the Metermaids or this upcoming project, I figured this was your way of expressing Canadian disdain. Pardon me. I have to maneuver through passive-aggressiveness every day.
I had never heard of them until this video started getting pushed, except as a name SFR cats were doing shows with here and there. Something about just the name made me think it was another live-instrument backing band.

Then I saw that Rob Swift, Buck 65 and *cough* yknow whoever else was on the record and got more interested in peeping the video.

I guess if I'd been around here more, I would have known better what was up. But I might also be homeless!

Anyway may I please have a late pass.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:15 pm
SFR announcement

In that case, you may have missed the first single, produced by 9th Wonder. One of my favs.

GRAVEYARD SHIFT - Metermaids (prod by 9th Wonder) by Strange Famous Records
Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 pm
Jesse

I did! That's a tough beat for 9th, I usually think of him as pretty soft. Lots of layers, too. Thuggish ruggish.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:44 pm
Jared Paul

[/quote]

Hannibal!

*Murdock was my fave as a kid...
Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SFR announcement

The "Rooftop Shake" CDs have just arrived from the manufacturer! Once we have the Metermaids & Sage Francis sign them they will be shipped out to the people who hop on the pre-sale: http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=rooftop+shake

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2