Search
Register
Movies, Movies, Movies
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Brynjar

I've very strong feelings towards the new Spiderman movie even tho I've haven't seen it and I'm not sure I ever will based on reviews so far.

Maybe I'm crazy but here are my reasons for it

It's an origin story and from what I've read most of the "untold story" was cut. Everybody knows it and if not it should handled with 5 min flashback at the most.

It's only been five years since Spider-man 3 came out

Since the first trailer showing Andrew Garfield it's like everybody online started claiming Andrew Garfield is the perfect Spiderman/Peter Parker without having seen the movie and at the same time trashing Tobey Maguire and saying was never good. I don't remember there being any talk about him not be a good Spiderman/Peter Parker at the time Spider-man 1,2 and 3 came out.

From what I've read The Lizard looks dumb
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:41 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

shut up and watch the movie already
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I saw Spiderman and I have mixed feelings about it. I do like the first movie movie in this series more than the first movie in the last Spiderman series. It doens't bother me so much that it's only been 5 years since the last movie.. the last Batman movie in this string of movies is coming and I bet there'll be a new start-up within 5 years.

I've never been a big comic nerd so I might just have the wrong idea of how Spiderman is supposed to be, but here's a few things that bothered me.

Didn't like that Peter Parker was a skater kid. Maybe I just don't like skater kids. But I didn't buy this kid as a big nerd that got picked on. It just didn't feel right.

And once he became Spiderman he loved to take his mask off. So many people saw his face by the end of the movie and it just didn't seem like it was a big secret who Spiderman's real identity is. Maybe they just wanted to show off his pretty boy face as much as possible.

Don't like Dennis Leary, but his role is minimal so meh.

Also there were tons and tons and tons of cheesy one-liners. Maybe its a Spidey thing.

Other than that stuff I was oddly entertained. Even though it was like 135 minutes or so it felt like it flew by

I did go on opening night and tricked them into giving me a free t-shirt even though I didn't see the 3d version, so thats a plus.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:44 pm
AdamBomb

There is nothing about the new Spiderman that seems like an improvement from the last Tobey version. It also looks CGI as fuck without any leaps in CGI technology since the last one. Why does Peter Parker always get cast as some wimpy voice dude, too?
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:47 pm
selfworth

i can't say andrew garfield is a better spiderman, but when he is in that suit it looks almost exactly like a mcfarlane drawn spidey, which is cool with me. the lizard was the worst part of the movie. he looked too much like he belonged on the tv show V then a spiderman movie, he didn't have the snout like in the comics and if memory serves, he was super intelligent when he changes into the lizard, but i definitely could be wrong on that point. the whole plot, pertaining to his plans reminded me too much of the joker's in the original batman. with that said i did enjoy it, it wasn't a masterpiece but it was most certainly watchable.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:56 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:21 pm
videodrome

Edit: the link to the trailer got taken down, but the below still stands...

Can we stop talking about movies for a bit and start talking about Paul Thomas Anderson? Like all the time?
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:21 pm
Brynjar

I liked Boogie Nights. There Will Be Blood I though was well made but boring. I haven't seen Magnolia or Punch-Drunk Love. The Master trailer looks like meh.
Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 am
Captiv8

Allow me to make a connection through Paul Dano. I just watched a movie with him and Robert de Niro, Being Flynn. Basically it was about a strange convergent relationship between an estranged father and son, and the delusions of both. It was also a really interesting character study involving mental illness and substance abuse. It was also nice to see de Niro get gritty again. And Dano - the kid has a bright future. There's a lot going on behind those eyes.
Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

sooooo the Hobbit movie , the smallest book in the series, is going to be 3 movies long?

retarded.
Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 pm
ROTTY

Sounds to me that they are going to do it right. Unlike Lord of the Rings where they had to cut out so much of the books.
Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 am
Jesse Custer

No way. Lord of the Rings is too long as it is.
Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:25 am
Brynjar

The Hobbit does not need 3 movies, no way.
Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 am
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

It's not pulling from just the Hobbit, apparently they are gonna use hundreds of pages of additional appendices to really flesh out the world. I'm totally fine with this, as I quite enjoy the extended cuts of the LOTR series once every couple years.
Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm
Captiv8

I was really disappointed by Jeff Who Lives at Home. This is mostly because of typecasting. When you learn that Jason Segel and Ed Helms are in a movie together you'd expect something funny, right? Not here. There were some funny moments, but mostly it was pretty lackluster fare about destiny and family. Pass on this.
Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 57, 58, 59  Next